What's new

India will add more cars than China in 20 years

Götterdämmerung;2644403 said:
Riding a bike or take the metro to work is a normal thing, even for people in high positions in Germany. I hope others like China and India, people will realise that a car is not a status symbol anymore, once the basic necessities are met.
I used to admire the Germans a lot and still do, but fudel thinking agaist us by some Germans such as you are normal so we forgive you.
I have read most of your post either it redicules the poverty problems that INDIA has or you compare us to CHINA and make cheap comments on us.

what ever suits you mate.
we produce food for most of the world besides being the largest consumer after CHINA. you can have all you fancy machines but some day you have to look to INDIA and CHINA for your food needs.
Also because of late decessions in family expansion in every western country by married couple, you are also running short of man power to which some day you have to look at INDIA and CHINA to fill the gap.

IIRC, only 2% of our population is working in the agrarian sector but they produce enough food, even for export. Imported food is just for the exotic and diversity factor. Our population is indeed shrinking, but most of the jobs can be replaced by higher productivity and robots. All we need is to invest more in education, but there we have a huge problem right now because many of our politicians are just stupid.

Don't you find it strange that India is exporting a lot of food while having a large starving population?

As of 2008

India's GDP Statistics

GDP: $1.209 trillion (2008 Estimate)
GDP Growth: 6.7% (2009)
GDP per capita: $1016
GDP by sector (2008 Estimate):
Agriculture: 17.2%
Industry: 29.1%
Services: 53.7%

Look who is laughing now :rofl:

So, how many people are working in each sector?

Götterdämmerung;2644507 said:
IIRC, only 2% of our population is working in the agrarian sector but they produce enough food, even for export. Imported food is just for the exotic and diversity factor. Our population is indeed shrinking, but most of the jobs can be replaced by higher productivity and robots. All we need is to invest more in education, but there we have a huge problem right now because many of our politicians are just stupid.

Don't you find it strange that India is exporting a lot of food while having a large starving population?

So, how many people are working in each sector?

More people work in agri sector. Probably boz of less mechanization.

Götterdämmerung;2644539 said:
Can you provide official numbers? Does it mean that most Indians earn their rice on the field and not in an office or a factory?
yes... so what is your point. the combined number of factories and mills are increasing day by day. our engineering colleges are doing a good job by bringing in forigne professors to make our students understand the secrest of mechanics that were un-raveled by the west during the INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION. May be a few years down the lane we dont have to depend on western machinaries to support our local factories and mills.

We already import a lot of machinaries from CHINA and our dependancy on the WEST is considerably reduced.

Götterdämmerung;2644539 said:
Can you provide official numbers? Does it mean that most Indians earn their rice on the field and not in an office or a factory?

Formal20and20informal20employment20by20sector.jpg

Götterdämmerung;2644165 said:
That's what I like about the Chinese. When they say they will do something, it's almost already done and often it's done before they talk about it.

E.g., Indians have been boasting about their IT industry, but when I look up on the biggest software companies in the world, not one Indian comapny is in the top ten and their aggregated revenue is merely US$ 89 billion in 2011, while China's IT industry is already over US$ 290 billion in 2011 with US$ 60 billion being revenue from outsource IT service, which equals 2/3 the total revenue of India's IT industry. And yet, one hardly hear people boasting China being an IT super power.

where do you get these numbers??

it may sound good to some ears but for me increasing vehicles is cause of worry. already we are facing massive traffic congestion in cities & now in towns as well. other than that we import 80% of our petroleum products which results in billions of money getting out of india.

Götterdämmerung;2644394 said:
Excuse me, India's IT export is only double the size of China's and the total revenue of India IT sector is but 1/3 of China's IT industry. I don't see India dominating, not in manufacturing and not in IT.

It's also laughable to boast that India's economy is and will always be service sector dominated, the truth is, India's economy is dominated by primitiv agrarian industry, as this sector employs the most people in India and will remain so for a very long time because the service industry will never be able to employ 500 or 600 million people in a poor country with little money to consume. I'm glad that my country still retains a large manufacturing sector, which is our strengh to come out rather bruiseless in the last three years while our neighbours, particularly the UK, is in deep scheiß.

it is because of local contracts in china...china is huge market so naturally their internal market is huge while their exports are less than india's..

That's what I told IndoCarib. It's cultural differences.

Now, China has officially said it will try to get a man on the moon AFTER 2020. If you read between the lines, it means China already plans to have a man on the moon by Dec. 31st 2019, 7.75 years from today. Done deal. It's the Chinese way of speaking about things.

Götterdämmerung;2644165 said:
That's what I like about the Chinese. When they say they will do something, it's almost already done and often it's done before they talk about it.

E.g., Indians have been boasting about their IT industry, but when I look up on the biggest software companies in the world, not one Indian comapny is in the top ten and their aggregated revenue is merely US$ 89 billion in 2011, while China's IT industry is already over US$ 290 billion in 2011 with US$ 60 billion being revenue from outsource IT service, which equals 2/3 the total revenue of India's IT industry. And yet, one hardly hear people boasting China being an IT super power.

it is because of local contracts in china...china is huge market so naturally their internal market is huge while their exports are less than india's..

errm sorry sir... but may I ask what makes you bring to the statement that their exports are lesser than ours? I am just wondering since I believe China has a broader and bigger market due to their Govt structure and infra as opposed to ours...

yes... so what is your point. the combined number of factories and mills are increasing day by day. our engineering colleges are doing a good job by bringing in forigne professors to make our students understand the secrest of mechanics that were un-raveled by the west during the INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION. May be a few years down the lane we dont have to depend on western machinaries to support our local factories and mills.

We already import a lot of machinaries from CHINA and our dependancy on the WEST is considerably reduced.

I get contradicting messages here. Your fellow countryman said that India will always depend service sector and doesn't want to have dirty and polluting industry. Now, you tell me that India needs to educate more students to understand the secret of mechanics and to industrialise.

What does informal and formal mean?

where do you get these numbers??

From the news article I posted a page before and from wiki.

Back
Top Bottom