What's new

India wins non-permanent seat at UN Security Council

India is an emerging economic super regional power, but lacks the leadership.

To be a leader, India has to have a bigger heart. show magnanimity, open her arms and treat your neighbors - Pakistan, Nepal, Srilanka, Burma equally with respect.... This does not mean giving away Kashmir. This means these countries look up to you as a leader. So far she has not done that. Most feel her as arrogant.

Wake up and change your approach. Once you do this, rest will fall in place eaisly - UNSC Permanent seat, Super power status etc...

has their any problum that Nepal, Srilanka, Burma has with india...been in india i don't know , ..might be been at USA you has some telesscopic view....

has their any problum that Nepal, Srilanka, Burma has with india...been in india i don't know , ..might be been at USA you has some telesscopic view....

Keeping arguing like an a*s hole and china will circle you like what they have done with Burma, Srilanka, Pakistan. These coutures look up to China as a leader and NOT India.

How many fuc*ing times we need to repeat to shun your arrogance.
If you don't, all these talk will be a dream.

Keeping arguing like an a*s hole and china will circle you like what they have done with Burma, Srilanka, Pakistan. These coutures look up to China as a leader and NOT India.

I kind of agree with you. These days few Indian friends are acting like newly rich people. Focus has to be on constructive debate instead of letting each other down. Same goes with Pakistani members as well.

To be a leader, India has to have a bigger heart. show magnanimity, open her arms and treat your neighbors - Pakistan, Nepal, Srilanka, Burma equally with respect.... This does not mean giving away Kashmir. This means these countries look up to you as a leader. So far she has not done that. Most feel her as arrogant.

Wake up and change your approach. Once you do this, rest will fall in place eaisly - UNSC Permanent seat, Super power status etc...

I agree with most of your post, except the 'Pakistan' part. Even if India were to become the most "magnanimous" nation on earth, and on top of that becomes as powerful as the USA and even if all Indian citizens gain the same standard of living as Sweden, Pakistan will not respect us. After all we are evil "Hindu Zionists"

By the way, "magnanimity" is very subjective. What exactly constitutes "magnanimity" in your view?

I agree with most of your post, except the 'Pakistan' part. Even if India were to become the most "magnanimous" nation on earth, and on top of that becomes as powerful as the USA and even if all Indian citizens gain the same standard of living as Sweden, Pakistan will not respect us. After all we are evil "Hindu Zionists"

By the way, "magnanimity" is very subjective. What exactly constitutes "magnanimity" in your view?

Really....I though you guys are humans just like us...Anyway thanks for clearing.

On serious note: You guys are not angels either, Just one example is that one of the most popular Indian forum call Pakistan as TSP. I can post other content too (but dont want to get banned)what angel indians think about us. So dont play victim here.

So your point is....... We don't want to have a big heart, because Pakistan may not respect us?

Really....I though you guys are humans just like us...Anyway thanks for clearing.

On serious note: You guys are not angels either, Just one example is that one of the most popular Indian forum call Pakistan as TSP. I can post other content too (but dont want to get banned)what angel indians think about us. So dont play victim here.

They also call Pakistan as TIRP.

And oh, there are lots of Pakistani forums where Indians are called all kinds of names too.

So your point is....... We don't want to have a big heart, because Pakistan may not respect us?

Please read the post. I said that I agree with you, except for your presumption that Pakistan will respect us. My contention is that they won't irrespective of what we (Indians) do or how "magnanimously" we behave with them.

Please read the post. I said that I agree with you, except for your presumption that Pakistan will respect us. My contention is that they won't irrespective of what we (Indians) do or how "magnanimously" we behave with them.
Again trying to prove you are angel and Pakistani or TIRP are all who are wrong......:disagree:

Yeah so...Why playing victim card here eh?

Again trying to prove you are angel and Pakistani or TIRP are all who are wrong......:disagree:

No you tell me, if India "behaves magnanimously" with you, and becomes highly advanced and developed, will "Pakistani or TIRP" look up to India as a leader? I maintain that that's not the case! What has 'victim card' got to do with it?

Too much read-only access to that site full of TSP and TIRP might have caused you some grief - just register there with a non-free account and start replying and rebutting, you'll feel better!

Its true that for India in order to be recognized as a leader on the global stage India must consolidate itself in its neighborhood first.

But i don't think being magnanimous will change any thing,it"ll only raise suspicions and be unproductive.As in todays world,influence/money matters more than intent.

After 1971 India was the only power in the region as we did misuse this power monopoly at times and bullied some of our neighbors ,notably one being Nepal.

However,from 2000s onwards India's regional clout was overshadowed by China's rise ,In every way China had something better to offer (also maybe cheaper)be it military,trade etc when compared to India.

42-44-SAFTA-1.jpg

The only way out for India is,like a Sri Lankan member mentioned , to inspire confidence in its neighbors which can be done by achieving self-sufficiency ,India is still heavily dependent,for example there is a huge asymmetry when it comes to our exports.

Today,India has the support of many African and Asian nations for global leadership since they are confident India will bring their issues to international stage all thanks to India's stand at NAM.But are in doubt about India's capablity of being a strong leader.

Oh oh..mind your language please.

Can you elaborate what issue India has with Burma,Srilanka etc.?.Living in India I have not heard of any serious enough to damage our relations.

And as for Pakistan , our love-hate relationship has many angles and Kashmir is just one of them.There are many other which u r oblivious to.

Back
Top Bottom