What's new

Indian Air Force says it can tackle Chinese J-20 jets

He is a typical.

This breed is rare, they dont know jackshit about things and yet they fall in every thread as if none possesses more knowledge on the subject.

Quite a breed.

I expected you wouldn't get my post.

You wanted to half-*** your way to a point which you yourself don't understand.

• 1-F-22 has S type or serpintine duct system.
  • 2-F-35 has DSI Intakes,who's bump shields engine from radiation.
DSI's primary function is to control the airflow. It eliminates the need for using conventional methods like the splitter plate or intake ramp. The splitter plate and other moving parts found in conventional intakes have a radar signature of their own. By using DSI and eliminating the splitter plate and other parts of conventional intakes, it reduces the overall radar signature. Additional benefits are a reduction in weight and complexity. It does play a role in hiding the engine from the radar but S ducts are still needed to completely get the job done. The F22 only has S ducts and no DSI(bcuz it was developed much earlier than the F35)...while F35 has both DSI and S ducts.
  • 3-J-20 has also DSI Intakes
This J20 also has a DSI(clearly visible) and S ducts(reportedly...if the info out there floating on defence forums is to be believed). Though no official word on this from Chinese gov/PLAAF/Chengdu or any other authority on J20
  • 4-PAK FA or SU-57 has same air inatakes as Su-27,engine blades are visable and it's far from stealth.These are Air Intake ramps.
PAKFA has radar blockers in front of the engine fans.
J-20 today faces only three problems due to,lack of dedicated engine.
  1. It can be detected easily by IRST and heating seeking missiles,citing lack of advance engine and shielding of nozzals.
  2. It can't super cruise,because of lack of Power,which it needs.
  3. It may not be carrying the full weapon and sensor load.
Nonetheless,it is still a 5th Gen Fighter,which can turn any 4th Gen fighter into debris,without former being able to sense it's presence.It may have difficuties countering Raptors and Lightening but it isn't impossible.India can only dream of doing so.
Yes I was already discussing these same points I wrote above with that air head randomradio dude. He was claiming that J20 isn't stealthy until its engines are upgraded. To which I replied this exact same thing...that the new engines are only needed for more thrust to be able to supercruise and carry more payload. The only thing lacking in terms of stealth as far as engines go...is the nozzle.

I expected you wouldn't get my post.

You wanted to half-*** your way to a point which you yourself don't understand.
Yeah u keep saying that nobody gets this...bcuz of course u r the only expert here. So how about u enlighten everyone here by providing sources of ur claims?

Yeah u keep saying that nobody gets this...bcuz of course u r the only expert here. So how about u enlighten everyone here by providing sources of ur claims?

You only need a little common sense to get what I am saying.

You seem to have a little idea that inlets are bad for stealth. But what about the engine?

Do you see what's wrong with this engine?
maxresdefault.jpg

Just like how inlets are bad, engines are actually even worse. And if you don't have an engine that has blockers of its own inside, the aircraft is as stealthy as a barn.

Without the J-20 getting new engines, or at the minimum an engine with a blocker, it's of little to no threat to modern SAMs.

The J-20 has some advantage from the front, and that affects other aircraft at co-altitude, but it doesn't affect SAMs because they are all looking up and will receive returns from the J-20 due to cavity resonance and edge diffraction from the engine.

Also the SAM emplacements in the Himalayas are unique. You will find radars facing towards your own territory in order to be safe from artillery fire and catch aircraft while they are ingressing into your own territory.

The J-20 is a good aircraft. But without a new engine, it's not all aspect stealth and is not an insurmountable threat to modern SAMs.

This is the F-22's radar blockers in the engine.
file.php

What was that about S-ducts again? :disagree:

I gave up replying to you because you didn't get something so simple and I didn't want to waste time talking to people about it when they understand so little.

Last edited:
J-20 is Chinese enough said! Any time on your head! Only Pakistan, Somalia, North Korea etc will buy it.

History of a country which names every weapon on name of its conqueror who killed number of people in that area tells a lot. A country which does not found even a single name in last 50-60Y to name its major defence system should not call bigotry things. Now go and report this post using mulla power.
you have nothing to say kid yo're just face saving kid:lol::rofl::enjoy: why you always twisted your words into another topic and before Islamic rule your Hindu rulers/kings kills lot more own peoples a lot and you're doing the same put the names of your Hindu kings/rulers for your weapon systems like Perthivi etc etc......and we are free to put whatever name of our weapon system, this is not a bigotry go kid this place is not for yours go play your toys:lol::rofl::help::suicide::suicide2:@GodToons you're like god toons like a TOM & JERRY @GodToons :man_in_love:

You only need a little common sense to get what I am saying.

You seem to have a little idea that inlets are bad for stealth. But what about the engine?

Do you see what's wrong with this engine?
maxresdefault.jpg

Just like how inlets are bad, engines are actually even worse. And if you don't have an engine that has blockers of its own inside, the aircraft is as stealthy as a barn.

Without the J-20 getting new engines, or at the minimum an engine with a blocker, it's of little to no threat to modern SAMs.

The J-20 has some advantage from the front, and that affects other aircraft at co-altitude, but it doesn't affect SAMs because they are all looking up and will receive returns from the J-20 due to cavity resonance and edge diffraction from the engine.

Also the SAM emplacements in the Himalayas are unique. You will find radars facing towards your own territory in order to be safe from artillery fire and catch aircraft while they are ingressing into your own territory.

The J-20 is a good aircraft. But without a new engine, it's not all aspect stealth and is not a surmountable threat to modern SAMs.

This is the F-22's radar blockers in the engine.
file.php

What was that about S-ducts again? :disagree:

I gave up replying to you because you didn't get something so simple and I didn't want to waste time talking to people about it when they understand so little.
I'm not taking anything u say seriously bcuz u always fail to backup what u claim. Provide sources or get lost.

I'm not taking anything u say seriously bcuz u always fail to backup what u claim. Provide sources or get lost.

Why do you need sources for something that you can see with your own eyes? I have provided information better than what you can get from a source.

Are you blind? Or are you way too incompetent to understand what you are seeing?

These are just feel good statements meant to cheer a passive minded crowd which is often the case in the neighborhood. How on Earth did the IAF know the RCS of J-20? Unless they have access to some classified info on the plane, they shouldnt fool themselves and their people with hollow claims.

Like it or not, the J-20 is a stealth plane that is for the most part a mystery for its nemesis. The RCS is NOT known, neither are other features, the radar, EW, everything is a mystery.

In the absence of such crucial data, this claim is simply bogus.
Finally a logical statement from a PDF member. Totally agreeing with you. No one except chinesewill know about the true capabilities of j20. Instead of underestimating j20 ,iaf should pressurise ada to devolopsomething extra ordinary,like the way US invention of f15 after seeing mig 25.

Why do you need sources for something that you can see with your own eyes? I have provided information better than what you can get from a source.

Are you blind? Or are you way too incompetent to understand what you are seeing?
Lol u have provided me with something better than some actual source(like a research paper, news article, etc)?

I would only take experts seriously...and u don't even come close. I'm not about to take the words of a known PDF troll seriously.

Lol u have provided me with something better than some actual source(like a research paper, news article, etc)?

I would only take experts seriously...and u don't even come close. I'm not about to take the words of a known PDF troll seriously.

You are learning something most people here won't help you with. You won't find this easily in research papers, news articles etc.

To dumb it down for you, the simple fact is the J-20 is not yet a 5th gen plane without a 5th gen engine.

You are learning something most people here won't help you with. You won't find this easily in research papers, news articles etc.

To dumb it down for you, the simple fact is the J-20 is not yet a 5th gen plane without a 5th gen engine.
U can keep that "simple fact" invented by ur simple brain to urself. U r no expert and ur opinions are not taken seriously. If u want to prove ur "simple facts" better back them up...or else quit quoting me.

U can keep that "simple fact" invented by ur simple brain to urself. U r no expert and ur opinions are not taken seriously. If u want to prove ur "simple facts" better back them up...or else quit quoting me.

:lol:

You can't even tell from a picture, how do you think you will understand complex words?

You forget that it was you who quoted me in the first place.

Any links or other evidence to back your claims?

The official spokesman of the Coalition Forces , Col. Turki bin Saleh Al-Malki, said that at 15:48 local time , the fighter was intercepted by a hostile air defense missile.

Although the other fighters managed to complete its mission and deal with the source of fire before returning to base, the incident showed that Syrian Regime had got hold of new air defense missiles a “serious development,” Col. Al-Turki said.

Back
Top Bottom