What's new

Indian Air force to have 46 squadrons in 2025

frm 2025 onwords mostly we wll have 4+,4.5,5 gen jets in our IAF

frm 2025 onwords mostly we wll have 4+,4.5,5 gen jets in our IAF

i think strategy of indian govt is to pressurize Pakistan in buying 4th gen jets in huge numbers.

then IAF will order 4.5 gen fighters in big numbers and will go for 5th gen fighters.

Pakistan will be forced to buy expensive 5th gen fighters.

i think mrca is delayed deliberately to mount pressure on Pakistan.

i think indian govt expects that Pakistan will answer to mrca by a huge order of j10B.

if it happens the burden on Pakistan will be big. J 10B is good fighter and costs at least 40 million dollars.

i think mrca is delayed deliberately to mount pressure on Pakistan.

i think indian govt expects that Pakistan will answer to mrca by a huge order of j10B.

if it happens the burden on Pakistan will be big. J 10B is good fighter and costs at least 40 million dollars.

That wouldn't be a wise decision of our forces and leaders, because China will have J10B available, before we have MMRCA, they can produce it faster than we can MMRCA and they can easily provide Pakistan with fundings to buy J10Bs. As I often said before, J10B will be a problem for IAF and that's why the MKI upgrade as well a fast induction of MMRCA is necessary, especially at our northern and eastern borders.
Btw, J10A is said to cost $40 millions, the B version with AESA and stuff should be more expensive, at least for export customers. However, I think PAF will buy J10B only in lower numbers and will keep focusing on J17 and further upgrades, because they have more insight and influence on that fighter, J10 will make them a normal buyer again and that is something that is not good for Pakistan, even if it is China and not the US.

only if india last that long till 2025 :)

So basically the GOI is saying that we will be getting additional 12 squadrons of jets (240 jets) in 15 years? Considering an average of 20 fighters per squadron of 4 different types and 2 different generations? Which means that they will manufacture at the rate of almost 20 fighter jets (of different types and generations) per year starting this very second. Hmmm... It has to start now right now if there is any chance of getting 1,000+ new fighters into IAF by 2025.

That wouldn't be a wise decision of our forces and leaders, because China will have J10B available, before we have MMRCA, they can produce it faster than we can MMRCA and they can easily provide Pakistan with fundings to buy J10Bs. As I often said before, J10B will be a problem for IAF and that's why the MKI upgrade as well a fast induction of MMRCA is necessary, especially at our northern and eastern borders.
Btw, J10A is said to cost $40 millions, the B version with AESA and stuff should be more expensive, at least for export customers. However, I think PAF will buy J10B only in lower numbers and will keep focusing on J17 and further upgrades, because they have more insight and influence on that fighter, J10 will make them a normal buyer again and that is something that is not good for Pakistan, even if it is China and not the US.

HAL can produce a total of pitiful 12 Tejas currently per year. We need to be able to make at least 30-50 of those per year and not just Tejas but MKIs, MRCAs, FGFAs, MRTAs and AMCAs simultaneously. So unless and until they start opening factory style assembling lines like Chinese have, we're going to keep having the current situation.

HAL can produce a total of pitiful 12 Tejas currently per year. We need to be able to make at least 30-50 of those per year and not just Tejas but MKIs, MRCAs, FGFAs, MRTAs and AMCAs simultaneously. So unless and until they start opening factory style assembling lines like Chinese have, we're going to keep having the current situation.

this is why we need pvt players to get involved like Mahindra aerospace or Taneja aerospace

IAF 2030
144 Sukhoi/HAL-FGFA
60 HAL AMCA
272-360 Super Sukhoi (Upgraded Sukhoi-30 MKIV)
200 Dassault Rafaels
160+ HAL LCA Tejas
51 Mirage-2000H-MK2
148 Jaguar-SL-UPG
a total of 1,035-1,123 combat aircrafts without counting 200+ HAL AURA UCAV combat aircraft

IAF 2030
144 Sukhoi/HAL-FGFA
60 HAL AMCA
272-360 Super Sukhoi (Upgraded Sukhoi-30 MKIV)
200 Dassault Rafaels
160+ HAL LCA Tejas
51 Mirage-2000H-MK2
148 Jaguar-SL-UPG
a total of 1,035-1,123 combat aircrafts without counting 200+ HAL AURA UCAV combat aircraft
Don't make baseless predictions dude.AMCA is not gonna get ready for SP until 2030.

Don't make baseless predictions dude.AMCA is not gonna get ready for SP until 2030.
AMCA's first flight is scheduled within 2020-21 & around 2024-25, full production of AMCA will start. HAL will procure 12 aircrafts per year from 2025 to 2035 & after that 18 aircrafts will be procured per year. Around 2043 IAF will have full 11-12 AMCA squadrons of 250 fighters.....so, within 2030, IAF is expected to get 60 AmCA's.....!!!!

AMCA's first flight is scheduled within 2020-21 & around 2024-25, full production of AMCA will start. HAL will procure 12 aircrafts per year from 2025 to 2035 & after that 18 aircrafts will be procured per year. Around 2043 IAF will have full 11-12 AMCA squadrons of 250 fighters.....so, within 2030, IAF is expected to get 60 AmCA's.....!!!!
AMCA currently is stalled and probably wont get any movement beyond design finalisation before Tejas MK2 gets IOC which wont be be possible before 2019-2020 at the current rate of progress.Also if we consider the first flight is around 2020-2021,then atleast 3-4 prototypes will be tested which would take at the minimum 6-7 years.Add into the various avionics integration delay and IAF favourite pastime i.e. changing design specification,I honestly can bet you one of my balls that AMCA wont go into SP before 2030-2032.

AMCA currently is stalled and probably wont get any movement beyond design finalisation before Tejas MK2 gets IOC which wont be be possible before 2019-2020 at the current rate of progress.Also if we consider the first flight is around 2020-2021,then atleast 3-4 prototypes will be tested which would take at the minimum 6-7 years.Add into the various avionics integration delay and IAF favourite pastime i.e. changing design specification,I honestly can bet you one of my balls that AMCA wont go into SP before 2030-2032.
I think this time DRDO & ADA will not delay the development as it is their 3rd fighter jet project and Indian fighter jet developers are gradually maturing now. & for your information, I want to inform you that AMCA's developmental work has restarted again after HAL informs DRDO that it will roll out two LCA Mk-2 prototypes for flight testing by next year & Govt has given the go ahead to AMCA developers few weeks ago.

HAL is developing more new industrial complexes for the particular developments of AMCA & FGFA as it has to run the development of FGFA, Rafael, AMCA & Tejas Mk-2 together for the next two decades. Govt is also funding more for HAL to further expand its capacity to build large number of different fighters at a single timeframe......it will certainly boost IAF's combat fleet for continuous upgradation.....!!!

Back
Top Bottom