What's new

Indian Army Chief’s Outrageous Admission

Lol IA relies on Arjun which they have just ordered 250, not recieved but they do not rely on 1950 T72 or 600 T90 they have.

Mate . if you are happy with this . Everybody is happy .
Guys , Pls do not criticize this thread . PA is better then IA and whole world(pakistan) knows this .

Its not about me being happy over something as I haven't written this, its a piece of news and try to take it that way, unless you have other plans :lol:

Last edited:
The Daily Mail’s investigations indicate that unlike major powers including the US, Russia or China, which test the same missile 10 to 20 times before announcing that it is fully developed, India considers only three or four test flights to be enough for both producing and inducting new missiles and thus ended up with inaccurate results and the success story was announced in a hasty manner.

The Daily Mail’s findings indicate that Agni-I (range 700 to 800 kilometers) and Agni-II were both products of India’s space program and connected to its Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP), itself launched in 1983. Originally, their design used a satellite space-launching rocket (SLV-3) as the first stage, on top of which was mounted the very short-range (150 to 250 kilometers) liquid fuel-propelled Prithvi missile.

I feel these two statements are contradictory Indian space program is very successful :cheers: most of us would agree so dont u think systems based on the space program will also be sucessful

But i agree with the POV we need more tests.

No, war is not happening today, but General Deepak’s mentioning is about the ‘present’ state of the Armored Corp not of the future. Similarly, my reply was in response to Jako’s comment “As faithfullguys pointed out, the article is a flawed one! ...the backbone of the ia is not the arjun but the t90m/s....and also to some extent the upgraded t72”, which is not correct as of today.

Lol IA relies on Arjun which they have just ordered 250, not recieved but they do not rely on 1950 T72 or 600 T90 they have.
This is of course BS and no informed person would take it. At any rate, General Kapoor has admitted that as of now the IA lacks night fighting capability; he did not mention which tanks are equipped with such capability and which not. But if he says it is 20 for India, 80 for Pakistan and 100 for China, than it is clear that bulk of the tanks whether T72Ms, or the T-90Ss (though unlikely as they are most modern) do not have such a capability. They eventually will have in 3-4 years time as it is mentioned by General Kappor.

India, Russia plan joint development of 'smart' tank

"If the projects takes off, the new tank will consolidate India's edge over the Pakistani Army armed with Ukraine's potent T-80 MBT and the Al-Khalid MBT built jointly with China and Ukraine," he told PTI.

India, Russia plan joint development of tank

He is not wrong in saying Arjun is not the backbone since they have been just ordered not completly inducted.
Right now T72 is the backbone with 600 T90.
Also the night blidness part is blown out of proportion.

No, war is not happening today, but General Deepak’s mentioning is about the ‘present’ state of the Armored Corp not of the future. Similarly, my reply was in response to Jako’s comment “As faithfullguys pointed out, the article is a flawed one! ...the backbone of the ia is not the arjun but the t90m/s....and also to some extent the upgraded t72”, which is not correct as of today.

you are right qsaark , Arjun is not the backbone currently . I think IA is taking the right and tight step of comparing T90 and Arjun in practical situation. This would give a clear verdict where Arjun stands against T90 . I am sure it would do well as far I've studied about this machine, as stuff fitted in this tank is quite upto the latest reqirements . ( Thanks to this forum that I started taking interest in defence stuff :azn: )

The crux is India is on major modernization drive where gaps are identified and steps are taken to plug it.
I am happy, war is not happening at least for 3 to 5 years and by that time we would recieved lot of weapons in lot of areas.

9b838715c0963de8928eb9c433d3b513.jpg

After the Winter 2008 trials, the Indian Army chief, wrote to the defense ministry appreciating the tank's performance. In the letter he stated that "the tank was subjected to the most strenuous of tests and it performed 'admirably' well".

1.The Arjun features a 120 mm main rifled gun with indigenously developed APFSDS ammunition
2.has capability of defeating superior armor, one 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, and a 12.7 mm machine gun.
3.It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 70 km/h (43 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph).
4.It has a 4-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver. 5.Automatic fire detection and suppression, and NBC protection systems are provided.
6.All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in present third generation tanks

Draw back

1.“the Arjun tank is cumbersome for strategic movement, i.e. to be taken from one sector to another. It is too wide and too heavy to be moved in the railway carriages that we have in India.
but this is solved
Arjun specific rail wagons have already been inducted in 2006

"An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."

PIB Press Release

Army carried out the Accelerated Usage Cum Reliability Trials (AUCRT) in 5 phases on two tanks from Nov 2007 to Aug 2008 covering more than 8000 km and 800 rounds of firing in each tank. AUCRT is required for assessing the spares requirement for the entire life of the tank besides evaluation of reliability of tank. Each phase consists of 1000kms run and 100EFC (Approx. 160 rounds of APFSDS and HESH – Primary and secondary rounds) over a temperature range of -5 to 500C.

2.One of the main issues during AUCRT trials was the failure of the bearings of Transmission of M/s RENK, Germany, due to rise in lub oil temperature.
solved:
this was immediately solved by modifying the software during AUCRT itself and the efficacy of the software was proved for more than 4000kms.
However a comprehensive solution of modifying the bearing assembly by providing a special coating was carried out to take care of the temperature problem and the retrofitment of bearing assembly being carried out in all the tanks.

Arjun tanks were subjected to rigorous trials and assessment by a third party audit (an internationally reputed tank manufacturer). After the extensive evaluation, the reputed tank manufacturer confirmed that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics suitable for Indian desert. They also added inputs such as quality auditing, production procedures and refined calibration procedures for further enhancing the performance of MBT Arjun.

India, Russia plan joint development of 'smart' tank

"If the projects takes off, the new tank will consolidate India's edge over the Pakistani Army armed with Ukraine's potent T-80 MBT and the Al-Khalid MBT built jointly with China and Ukraine," he told PTI.

India, Russia plan joint development of tank

Stop the "if" word please! That's typical Indian response. I am really sick of it.

The crux is India is on major modernization drive where gaps are identified and steps are taken to plug it.
I am happy, war is not happening at least for 3 to 5 years and by that time we would recieved lot of weapons in lot of areas.

Stop the future what will you be!!! Still a "if" word

9b838715c0963de8928eb9c433d3b513.jpg

1.The Arjun features a 120 mm main rifled gun with indigenously developed APFSDS ammunition
2.has capability of defeating superior armor, one 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, and a 12.7 mm machine gun.
3.It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 70 km/h (43 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph).
4.It has a 4-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver. 5.Automatic fire detection and suppression, and NBC protection systems are provided.
6.All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in present third generation tanks

Draw back

1.“the Arjun tank is cumbersome for strategic movement, i.e. to be taken from one sector to another. It is too wide and too heavy to be moved in the railway carriages that we have in India.
but this is solved
Arjun specific rail wagons have already been inducted in 2006

"An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."

PIB Press Release

Army carried out the Accelerated Usage Cum Reliability Trials (AUCRT) in 5 phases on two tanks from Nov 2007 to Aug 2008 covering more than 8000 km and 800 rounds of firing in each tank. AUCRT is required for assessing the spares requirement for the entire life of the tank besides evaluation of reliability of tank. Each phase consists of 1000kms run and 100EFC (Approx. 160 rounds of APFSDS and HESH – Primary and secondary rounds) over a temperature range of -5 to 500C.

2.One of the main issues during AUCRT trials was the failure of the bearings of Transmission of M/s RENK, Germany, due to rise in lub oil temperature.
solved:
this was immediately solved by modifying the software during AUCRT itself and the efficacy of the software was proved for more than 4000kms.
However a comprehensive solution of modifying the bearing assembly by providing a special coating was carried out to take care of the temperature problem and the retrofitment of bearing assembly being carried out in all the tanks.

Arjun tanks were subjected to rigorous trials and assessment by a third party audit (an internationally reputed tank manufacturer). After the extensive evaluation, the reputed tank manufacturer confirmed that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics suitable for Indian desert. They also added inputs such as quality auditing, production procedures and refined calibration procedures for further enhancing the performance of MBT Arjun.

IA, please purchase Arjun and it as backbone for IA.

Back
Top Bottom