What's new

Indian Army emerges as the best patrolling force in the World.

Yes they add Singh subtitle.... to their names.

Not all..Actually most of them dont.

Only a small fraction of them who claim Rajput origins do that.

Most of the Gorkhas who are recruited in the Army are one of the four - Rai,Limbu,Gurung, Magar.

Not all..Actually most of them dont.

Only a small fraction of them who claim Rajput origins do that.

Most of the Gorkhas who are recruited in the Army are one of the four - Rai,Limbu,Gurung, Magar.

Not necessary to be a Rujput to put Singh against your name... even Jats, Yadavs, Thakurs, do that... However I agree with you most of them don't have it... but Thapas do have

Not necessary to be a Rujput to put Singh against your name... even Jats, Yadavs, Thakurs, do that... However I agree with you most of them don't have it... but Thapas do have

I know that. I was specifically talking about the Gorkhas.

one singapore man told me that singa means lion....and thats why singapores national figure is a lion.
is singh a derivative of singa.....as in lion?

one singapore man told me that singa means lion....and thats why singapores national figure is a lion.

Its all derived from Sanskrit work Simha, meaning lion. Singh, Singha, Singhal,Simha, Singham, Sinha, Sinhji, Singa and even Singhalese(which means lion blood).

Yes Singh in Sanskrit means Lion... the word has come into Hindi language aswell however the Urdu word Sher is more commonly practiced.... in Hindi.... Indian National emblem also has four lions standing back to back...

Indian Army team bags gold at world patrolling competition.

Beating hundreds of soldiers from major armies of the world, an Indian Army team dethroned a rival battalion from Pakistan to bag the coveted Gold Medal at an international Patrolling competition considered as the Olympics for this event.

The 4th Battalion of the 9 Gorkha Rifles regiment has won the annual Cambrian Patrol Competition at Wales in England last month, Army officials said here today.

"We emerged victorious in the competition where 14 teams including Pakistan Army's 9 Azad Kashmir Battalion was also participating," Indian team leader Major T B Chhettri said here.:cheers:

He was speaking to reporters after Army Chief Gen V K Singh felicitated the Gorkha team.

This is the first time since 2005, when Indian started taking part in the event, that its teams have won the Gold Medal.

Last year, Pakistan Army had fielded its Special Services Group (SSG) unit which won the event.

Indian Army team bags gold at world patrolling competition - Indian Express

Indian Army team bags gold at world patrolling competition.

Beating hundreds of soldiers from major armies of the world, an Indian Army team dethroned a rival battalion from Pakistan to bag the coveted Gold Medal at an international Patrolling competition considered as the Olympics for this event.

The 4th Battalion of the 9 Gorkha Rifles regiment has won the annual Cambrian Patrol Competition at Wales in England last month, Army officials said here today.

"We emerged victorious in the competition where 14 teams including Pakistan Army's 9 Azad Kashmir Battalion was also participating," Indian team leader Major T B Chhettri said here.:cheers:

He was speaking to reporters after Army Chief Gen V K Singh felicitated the Gorkha team.

This is the first time since 2005, when Indian started taking part in the event, that its teams have won the Gold Medal.

Last year, Pakistan Army had fielded its Special Services Group (SSG) unit which won the event.

Indian Army team bags gold at world patrolling competition - Indian Express

That's the difference between this year and last year.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

That's the difference between this year and last year.

ISPR said it was Rawalpindi Corps. Although i live in Rawalpindi but I simply don't know :sick:

This is what you get from wiki

X Corps – headquartered at Rawalpindi
12th Infantry Division headquartered at Murree
19th Infantry Division headquartered at Mangla
23rd Infantry Division headquartered at Jhelum
Force Command Northern Areas – headquartered at Gilgit
111th Infantry Brigade headquartered at Rawalpindi
8th Armoured Brigade headquartered at Kharian
Independent Artillery Brigade

also about SSG
The Special Services Group (SSG) is an independent commando regiment/corps of the Pakistan Army. It is an elite special operations force similar to the United States Army Special Forces (Green Berets) and the British Army's SAS.
Official numbers are put at 2,100 men, in 3 battalions; however the actual strength is classified. It is estimated to have been increased to 4 Battalions, with the eventual formation of 2 Brigades of Special Forces (6 Battalions).

Also i don't think elite forces are trained for patrolling. ( correct me if i am wrong )

ISPR said it was Rawalpindi Corps. Although i live in Rawalpindi but I simply don't know :sick:

This is what you get from wiki

X Corps – headquartered at Rawalpindi
12th Infantry Division headquartered at Murree
19th Infantry Division headquartered at Mangla
23rd Infantry Division headquartered at Jhelum
Force Command Northern Areas – headquartered at Gilgit
111th Infantry Brigade headquartered at Rawalpindi
8th Armoured Brigade headquartered at Kharian
Independent Artillery Brigade

also about SSG
The Special Services Group (SSG) is an independent commando regiment/corps of the Pakistan Army. It is an elite special operations force similar to the United States Army Special Forces (Green Berets) and the British Army's SAS.
Official numbers are put at 2,100 men, in 3 battalions; however the actual strength is classified. It is estimated to have been increased to 4 Battalions, with the eventual formation of 2 Brigades of Special Forces (6 Battalions).

Also i don't think elite forces are trained for patrolling. ( correct me if i am wrong )

Special forces are trained for practically everything including LRRP. In India, the secretive SFF is considered as the best in LRRP.

Secondly, Rawalpindi Corps or X Corps is a very large formation which includes it's own infantry, armoured, arty and signals elements, so it is kinda vague to mention that Rawalpindi Corps won the competition. Secondly, SSG was a part of Baloch regiment initially so I can't say anything.

This year it was 4th battalion of 9th Gurkha regiment of XXI Corps of Indian Army.

Back
Top Bottom