What's new

Indian AWACS thread

^^^^^^^^^^

Great news...First read about Akash and its success and now this...made my day... :)

Well, I am actually surprised. We have been working on a whole lot of indigenous products in the past few years. Moving ahead at a very brisk pace. Best of luck.

Kahin meri nazar na lag jaye...

Just think of the number of new stuff we are getting in the next 5 years between 2010 and 2015

Agni-5

Phase two of the BMD

3 new Arhinat class Nuclear Submarines

2 new Air craft carriers

MMRCA

LCA Mk-1(finally) and LCA MK-2

The indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control System

Several new Indigenous UAV's

Phase I(new standard Assault rifle) and II of the F-INSAS program

Upgraded MKI's

Astra BVR Missile

Brhamos Mach II

Scorpene class submarines

New artillery(finally)

LCH

Apache Longbow attack helicopter.

we were getting some sort of new Armored Transport Vehicle

And this is only the stuff i can remember.
I dont think India defense section is going to see any less activity in the coming years :lol:

Just think of the number of new stuff we are getting in the next 5 years between 2010 and 2015

Agni-5

Phase two of the BMD

2 new Air craft carriers

MMRCA

Upgraded MKI's

Astra BVR Missile

Brhamos Mach II

New artillery(finally)

LCH

I dont think India defense section is going to see any less activity in the coming years :lol:

If India can sustain such developments in defence and initiate such developments in fields like education, judicial system, agriculture and poverty, India shall be a fully developed country in less than 20 years.
Witnessing this growth leads me to believe we will overtake china in a decade or two.

Now thats something to balle-balle about. aint it??

a chaiwala ahd told me some time back that there is a plan to open a SEZ for aerospace technology near CHENNAI...can any bachcha confirm the news...

a chaiwala ahd told me some time back that there is a plan to open a SEZ for aerospace technology near CHENNAI...can any bachcha confirm the news...

Maybe the paanwala could have confirmed the details. :lol:

India to test-fly AWACS in 2012

Gr8 news. 2010-11 would be the period of testing some very landmark space and millitary technologies.

Agni-5

Phase two of the BMD

2 new Air craft carriers

MMRCA

Upgraded MKI's

Astra BVR Missile

Brhamos Mach II

New artillery(finally)

LCH

Defence and toys for the boys(on this forum) is all well.. But what about export potential..??Or am i being too optimistic considering Chinese who are way ahead in terms of J 17, Type 99 MBT etc are still struggling to find buyers (except pakistan)

Defence and toys for the boys(on this forum) is all well.. But what about export potential..??Or am i being too optimistic considering Chinese who are way ahead in terms of J 17, Type 99 MBT etc are still struggling to find buyers (except pakistan)

We can think about export when we confidently develop things for ourselves and convince the world about them. Besides, we have exported some helis. Not much in the list that can be exported.

Guys, its good that we are shoring up our defence, but lets not get too cocky.

The Chinese have done pretty well with their indigenous development. Remember, they are picking up pace very well. No country starts off by producing world-beating tech. The Chinese have established a solid base for indigenous projects now, and are exporting their local merchandise.

Before we bash them, lets just consider that our fledging indigenous industry is still behind theirs. As of now, there is more demand for Chinese arms than Indian ones.

So far the Chinese defence industry has focused on developing cheap but reliabe and effective weapons. India has the option to try compete with China in this sector (inadvisable, as their manufacturing base is stronger) or use our better access to tech to try build superior indegenous weapons and compete on producing high quality, reasonably priced defence equipment.

Guys, its good that we are shoring up our defence, but lets not get too cocky.

The Chinese have done pretty well with their indigenous development. Remember, they are picking up pace very well. No country starts off by producing world-beating tech. The Chinese have established a solid base for indigenous projects now, and are exporting their local merchandise.

Before we bash them, lets just consider that our fledging indigenous industry is still behind theirs. As of now, there is more demand for Chinese arms than Indian ones.
So far the Chinese defence industry has focused on developing cheap but reliabe and effective weapons. India has the option to try compete with China in this sector (inadvisable, as their manufacturing base is stronger) or use our better access to tech to try build superior indegenous weapons and compete on producing high quality, reasonably priced defence equipment.

I agree. What I was trying to say was that when Chinese who are ahead of us at this time are struggling to find buyers for their goods, would it be too optimistic for India to start looking for export markets??

I agree. What I was trying to say was that when Chinese who are ahead of us at this time are struggling to find buyers for their goods, would it be too optimistic for India to start looking for export markets??

I think we are not there yet..Neither we are cheap nor we are the best...First of all we need to ensure that the ghosts of past failures don't haunt us and all the lesson's learnt are corrected... Before looking out for export market we need to be more stable and master the art of creating some state of art weaponary....Our Army, Navy and IAF inducting indegenous weapons is in itself going to be a great PR for DRDO and related organizations...Lets achieve that rest will follow...:cheers:

Here are pics of the second A50 Phalcon (KW 3552) during flight test in Russia, before it was send to Israel. Especially the second pic is interesting, because it shows in-flight refueling, which at least I never saw before:

DPP_0089.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

Use these links to zoom in and have a closer look at this beauty:

http://www.beriev.com/images/2009/DPP_0089.jpg

http://www.beriev.com/images/2009/DSC_0303.jpg

Now this is some AWACS. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful machinery. Congrats to India. :yahoo::yahoo:

Ok, well lets discuss the multiplier effect of Phalcon Awacs in IAF. And is it enough to have just three of them? I heard a long time back that India might consider 3 more units of Phalcon.

Also please advise if IL 78 is a compilant platform for phalcon awacs. and also the drawbacks if any.

I appreciate your prompt response.

Guys dont you think we should not keep all these strategic planes in same base in Agra which is not very far from border (even PAF could strike there in 1965)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom