What's new

Indian AWACS thread

until pak come up with MIRV. every move has counter move;)

The chances of Pakistan coming up with MIRV are very remote, for the following reasons:

1. They don't have the technological capability to research and develop such an advanced system.
2. China itself does not have this capability, so there is no chance of the Chinese providing them to the Pakistanis.
3. The days of proliferation are over, so the Pakistanis will not be able to pick up such systems from the black market.

The chances of Pakistan coming up with MIRV are very remote, for the following reasons:

1. They don't have the technological capability to research and develop such an advanced system.
2. China itself does not have this capability, so there is no chance of the Chinese providing them to the Pakistanis.
3. The days of proliferation are over, so the Pakistanis will not be able to pick up such systems from the black market.

Keep dreaming.

Well what kinds of technological capability India Have?
Getting equipment from other dose not means that it’s Indian’s technology.
and also keep dreaming

Well what kinds of technological capability India Have?
Getting equipment from other dose not means that it’s Indian’s technology.
and also keep dreaming

Substantial tech capability, if you think about how many hi-tech US firms have Indian CTO’s and research heads. Their weakness is around complex project management, system integration and manufacturing if I am to believe what I hear about Indian capabilities.

Substantial tech capability, if you think about how many hi-tech US firms have Indian CTO’s and research heads. Their weakness is around complex project management, system integration and manufacturing if I am to believe what I hear about Indian capabilities.

So you are tell me that India is more technology capable than china. That what the schultz said

So you are tell me that India is more technology capable than china. That what the schultz said

Actually China and India complement each other quite well; China’s current niche is mass production while India supplies the designs, heavy machinery and precision engineering. Although China has skilled human resources comparable to India many firms are reluctant to take their research into China due to IP concerns. My earlier post was only meant to debunk the notion that India does not have scientific capability. Vis a Vis Pakistan I’d say India has a significant advantage and this advantage will expand considerably over the next decade unless Pakistan acts now.

Russia Delivers First of 3 AWACS to India

81fbbf950fa9a7e97e91a7f64557c184.jpg

Published: 20 Aug 2009 13:20 Print | Email
MOSCOW - Russia has delivered the first of three ordered A-50 Shmel (NATO code name Mainstay) early warning aircraft to India, Alexander Mikheyev, deputy head of the Russian arms export monopoly Rosoboronexport, said Aug. 19.

"Russia successfully implemented the contract to supply to India the A-50 airplanes, Russian analogs of AWACS systems," Mikheyev told journalists at the MAKS-2009 air show outside Moscow.
The A-50, based on the Ilyushin Il-76 transport aircraft, is produced by the Irkut-controlled Beriev aviation plant, Taganrog, and can control up to 10 fighter aircraft.

Mikheyev also said that Vietnam signed a contract for eight Su-30MK2 fighters with Russia in January, after a "small pause of several years."

"We started working on the contract at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aviation plant [part of the Sukhoi company]," he said. "The contract will be executed in 2009 and in 2010."

Mikheyev did not disclose other details about the two deals.

Meanwhile, the Russian Air Force deputy commander, Maj. Gen. Oleg Barmin, told journalists at MAKS-2009 that the military will procure more than 80 new airplanes and helicopters in 2009, in "what matches the level of procurement during the Soviet times."

He said that under the six-year contract signed by the Defense Ministry and Sukhoi this year, new Su-34 fighter-bombers will replace the existing fleet of Su-24 attack aircraft.

Barmin said that the Russian Army began this year receiving its first Mil Mi-28N attack helicopters, Kamov Ka-52 attack helicopters and Kazan Helicopter Plant's Ansat-U training helicopters. Barmin did not specify the amounts.

Russia's state-controlled helicopter-building holding, Russian Helicopters, said in a statement on Aug. 19 that despite the financial crisis, it doubled the number of the helicopters supplied to its clients in the first half of 2009, to 64 from 32 in the first half of 2008. In total, the holding expects to produce 220 helicopters this year, compared with 169 last year.

In 2008, Russia produced a record number of helicopters since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

Correct me If i'm wrong!!
India has received AWACS from Israel on IL-76 and 2 more are on their way

and now the Beriev A-50 and that too 3 of them delivered..

I read some where in the forum that India is pushing for indigenous AWACS (similar) thing

Can some one please enlighten me , How many AWACS India is wishing to have???

looks like the country is on a shopping spree.......:toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom