What's new

Indian BSF stops NGOs delegation from crossing into Pakistan

Did I say GoI? I said Indians! Apparently your civil liberties would be curtailed if you wanted to protest against Israel by your own government.
No way...there have been protests against Israel(unfortunately) in India and GoI did nothing. You can google and see for yourself.

If you search Google, you will come across many instances where there have been scores of protests in India (especially by Muslims) against Israel and GoI did nothing to stop them.
Wow..almost same post,same time :)

I just came across a thread started by Nishan on this Ghaza Solidarity Carvan movement and i guess this Indian NGOs delegation is part of this same carvan. Which had been stopped by India to enter Pakistan

Default ASIA TO GAZA SOLIDARITY CARAVAN
Press Release: 5 October 2010, New Delhi
Asian People’s Solidarity for Palestine
announces

THE ASIA TO GAZA SOLIDARITY CARAVAN

500 civil resisters from 17 Asian countries will join the caravan from India and march through 18 Asian cities of Pakistan, Iran, and Turkey to break the siege of Gaza through the sea route in December 2010

The Asia to Gaza Solidarity Caravan is being organised by the Asian People’s Solidarity for Palestine, an alliance of peoples’ organisations, social movements, trade unions, and civil society institutions of Asia. This struggle is broad-based, varied and multi-dimensional. It is humanitarian and for peace, freedom and human dignity. It is against occupation, imperialism, apartheid, Zionism and all forms of discrimination including religious discrimination. Simultaneous press conferences are being held in 5 countries today – India, Turkey, Iran, Indonesia and Lebanon – to announce the launch of the Asia to Gaza Caravan. Similar press conferences will be held next week in Syria, Palestine, Malysia, Nepal and Bangladesh.

The Asian People’s Solidarity for Palestine extends solidarity to the courageous people of Palestine in their struggle, resistance, and intifada against the Zionist Israeli occupation and affirms its commitment to Palestinian Self-Determination; Ending the Occupation; Equal Rights for All within historic Palestine; the Right of Return for Palestinian refugees; and the Establishment of a Sovereign, Independent and Democratic state of Palestine with Jerusalem as the capital.

The Asian People’s Solidarity for Palestine commits to build the solidarity of Asian people for the freedom of Palestine, provide materials, resources, and volunteers to support the struggle of the people of Palestine and oppose our own governments’ decisions and actions that give economic, financial, military and diplomatic support to Israel and allow it to behave with impunity.

India Lifeline to Gaza, which is a constituent of the Asian People’s Solidarity for Palestine will have a conference and a large flag off programme in New Delhi on 2nd December 2010. The Caravan will carry relief material for the people of Gaza. The Asia to Gaza Caravan will cross into Pakistan via the Wagah border where members of the Pakistan Solidarity for Gaza will join the Caravan onwards to Iran. In every country and city that the caravan travels through, public meetings will be organised as more activists and participants join the caravan. We also support the United Palestinian call of July 2005 for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) to compel Israel to comply with international law; the Palestinian Campaign for Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI); and all other initiatives to end the occupation of Palestine.

TENTATIVE CARAVAN SCHEDULE

01 Dec Participants from East and South East Asia reach New Delhi, India 15-17 Dec Tabriz, Iran to Eskandarun, Turkey

2-3 Dec Flag off from New Delhi
and travel to Wagah border, India-Pakistan Border 18-19 Dec Eskandarun, Turkey to Damascus, Syria

04 Dec Reach Lahore, Pakistan 20-21 Dec Damascus, Syria to Amman Jordan

5-7 Dec Lahore to Karachi/Quetta, Pakistan 22-23 Dec Amman, Jordan to Beirut Lebanon

08 Dec Karachi/Quetta, Pakistan to Zahedan, Iran 24-26 Dec Beirut back to Turkey

9-14 Dec Zahedan, Iran to Tabriz, Iran 26 Dec We Sail for Gaza (Palestine)

Peaceful Resistance

The civil resisters have resolved to resist the Israeli sea siege in a peaceful manner and following the example of civil resisters such as Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela as well as the long tradition of peaceful resistance from all ethical and religious traditions. The civil resisters are willing to be convicted for their peaceful resistance.

Source: AWAMI BHARAT: THE ASIA TO GAZA SOLIDARITY CARAVAN

don't think stopping delegation has something to do with isreal, maybe any other reason???

don't think stopping delegation has something to do with isreal, maybe any other reason???

well dont know but since the dates and schedule of the caravan has already been given and GoI was informed already few months back i dont know if they were sleeping all these months.

well dont know but since the dates and schedule of the caravan has already been given and GoI was informed already few months back i dont know if they were sleeping all these months.

don't u know south asians r worldwide famous for lazyness

Today Indian Border Security Force has stopped a delegation of civil society organisations from crossing into Pakistan legally at Wahgha border.

The delegation is going to Ghaza.

A female official of the delegation while talking to media has just said that they have valid visas for Pakistan and Pakistani authorities have given them permission. But they have NO permission from Indian Government despite having valid visas.

They are now at wahgha border

point less thread . there might be some paper work pending

just chill everybody. indian government reacts very slowly. they will give visa after some time.

point less thread . there might be some paper work pending

Well NO. The Indian govt was informed two months back and the delegation people got visas already.

B]TENTATIVE CARAVAN SCHEDULE[/B]

01 Dec Participants from East and South East Asia reach New Delhi, India 15-17 Dec Tabriz, Iran to Eskandarun, Turkey

2-3 Dec Flag off from New Delhi
and travel to Wagah border, India-Pakistan Border 18-19 Dec Eskandarun, Turkey to Damascus, Syria

04 Dec Reach Lahore, Pakistan 20-21 Dec Damascus, Syria to Amman Jordan

5-7 Dec Lahore to Karachi/Quetta, Pakistan 22-23 Dec Amman, Jordan to Beirut Lebanon

08 Dec Karachi/Quetta, Pakistan to Zahedan, Iran 24-26 Dec Beirut back to Turkey

9-14 Dec Zahedan, Iran to Tabriz, Iran 26 Dec We Sail for Gaza (Palestine)

Peaceful Resistance

The civil resisters have resolved to resist the Israeli sea siege in a peaceful manner and following the example of civil resisters such as Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela as well as the long tradition of peaceful resistance from all ethical and religious traditions. The civil resisters are willing to be convicted for their peaceful resistance.

Source: AWAMI BHARAT: THE ASIA TO GAZA SOLIDARITY CARAVAN

Hey admins please move the thread to proper section. i guess i post it in wrong section by mistake. i thought i posted in World Affairs.

Jana,

This is what your first post in this thread states...

A female official of the delegation while talking to media has just said that they have valid visas for Pakistan and Pakistani authorities have given them permission. But they have NO permission from Indian Government despite having valid visas.
They are now at wahgha border

implying that BSF is stopping them at wagah even when they have valid visa...

at the same time I read this..

Visa denial for AGS caravan condemned
Published: December 04, 2010

KARACHI - Civil Society on Friday condemned denial of Karachi visa for Asia-Gaza Solidarity (AGS) caravan.
The Asia Gaza Solidarity Caravan Sindh chapter condemned the denial of visa for Asia Gaza Solidarity Caravan to Karachi and Quetta. A meeting of Sindh Chapter comprising social, political and trade union organisations was held at Human Rights Council of Pakistan (HRCP) office Karachi and condemned in strong words the act of bureaucracy by denying Visa to Asia Gaza Caravan coming to Pakistan on December 4 and to Karachi on December 7.

The meeting took exception of the visa denial and demanded the government to take action and issue visas to the delegation comprising largely of Indians and includes representatives from various other Asian countries.

The meeting was of the view that denying visa to the Asia-Gaza Caravan to Karachi and Quetta will be seen as an attempt to reinforce the idea that the Pakistani state is implementing imperialist agenda in this country wherein secular forces are denied freedom of travel and expression of their anger against the siege of Gaza at the hands of Israel.
The Sindh Chapter of Asia-Gaza Caravan will hold a demonstration at 04 pm on Dec 7, 2010 to condemn the denial of visa.

Visa denial for AGS caravan condemned | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

It seems that Pakistan is the one which is denying the visa. Innit ?

Could you please provide a news source for your first post of this thread ?

And whats your take on the news that I have posted on denial of Visa by Pakistan for the same Gaza trip that you are referring to ??

Maybe they are not comfortable about the security situation in Pak..who knows?

Concerned about security of few activists while seeking a trade route to Central Asian States which would have billions worth Indian goods travelling through Pakistan and seeking to join TAPI gas pipe line. I don't think security would be the main concern here.

Also, they are activists for Gaza.. so they shouldn't feel any insecurity about their security.

yara its Indian NGOs delegation which is coming to Pakistan with valid visas but India has stopped them from entering Pakistan.

the NGOs delegation has to reach Ghaza on December 27th through Pakistan and other relevant countries i guess Iran too.

Why does anybody needs to go to Pakistan to travel to Gaza?
Wonder if Pakistan has any special route to travel to Gaza. :blink::blink

Sounds like something is fishy here..

Protests in India does not embarrass the Indian government in front of their Israeli friends, but an international level protest where Indians are going to another country and then finally heading over to Ghaza, will embarrass government of India.

Also as I understand primarily its another aid protest. Where they are taking aid to Ghaza in protest against the wishes of Israelis.

The problem is India (the government) knows Israel will open fire on them as well and that would be really awkward amongst "friends".

Back
Top Bottom