What's new

Indian Cryogenic Engine GSLV D3 Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT NEWS

GSLV-D3 next launch in a year

India's ambitious attempt to flight-test its indigenous cryogenic engine on Thursday received a setback as the homegrown rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-D3) deviated from path within seconds of lift-off.

As the GSLV-D3 soared into the sky from the Satish Dhawan spaceport in Sriharikota, it veered off from its flightpath and lost contact with the mission control.

"We stopped receiving data from GSLV-D3 505 seconds after its lift-off," ISRO officials said.

Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman K Radhakrishnan said GSLV-D3 mission objectives were not met fully. Officials said two engines in the cryogenic stage did not ignite and give the necessary control force to the rocket.

However, K Radhakrishnan assured the country that a successful completion of the GLSV-D3 project will be done within a year.

The cryogenic engine was crucial for putting communication satellites weighing more than two tonnes into geosynchronous transfer orbit (GTO).

The rocket was 49 meters tall and weighs 419 tonnes. The rocket was carrying communication satellite GSAT-4 and others weighing more than two tonnes.

This was the first Indian attempt to indigenously built cryogenic stage and technology, which is crucial to put communication satellites weighing more than two tonnes in GTO.

Even Japan and france faced failure in their first attempt in cryogenic engine launch, dont worry ISRO chief said within 1 year we will again try.....it costs us delay of 1 year in all ISRO mission...koi gal nahi yaar agli baar aur karenge

505 seconds sounds like an interesting number? Koe tona shoona to nai kia tha jo ulta par gea? Chalo koe bat hai you have lots of money these days.. you can afford to count another 505 seconds.

505 seconds sounds like an interesting number? Koe tona shoona to nai kia tha jo ulta par gea? Chalo koe bat hai you have lots of money these days.. you can afford to count another 505 seconds.

LOL these are investments dude and the dividend will be reaped soon once when ISRO learns and masters the cryo stage. Look where PSLV is.. so full faith on them to succeed soon.

Yes, GSAT-4 was widely expected by the defense and airspace sector for lots of technological demonstrator for safety and guidance systems. Thats gone into nowhere and got to wait for some more years :(

Remember still our option of buying cryogenic engines from Russia is open and its only to master so that it becomes lots cheaper and can expect multiple launches once we have our own cryo engines.

There is a saying in Punjabi commonly found written behind trucks on our side -
"Mach Na, Rees Kar!".

:( so sad, i was sooo looking forward to this. When i got up in the morning and checked the news tears almost came out of my eyes. I feel bad for the guys at ISRO who have been working for 15 years on this project. :(

Guys... its not the engine that failed. it worked properly... its only d failure of the vernier rockets used to stabilize the rocket. so no need to worry. we ll succeed next time for sure...:cheers:

To be completely honest something in my heart was telling that this launch will be a failure.
But wen i saw the graphs it was becoming a text book launch nd i was shouting with joy wen my friend whispered that the rocket was deviating from the trajectory.

Anyways hats off to those guys in ISRO nd lets pray for a sucessfull launch ASAP.

India.gif

their rocket is not even reliable and they want to send human to space.

It's Science that of Space which is pretty out of your knowledge... It's Ok we are failed this time, don't worry you will be spitting venom next year when we will be successfully launching the second GSLV D3... Hopefully your GOVT will keep an option open for launching your satellite onboard GSLV D15... We are always ready withour heart open... Just need a different approach from you people... :victory: :victory:

dont worry guys the tax money collected from IPL3 alone is more than 300 crores. so we can afford to fail.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

"sarh nah, reas kar "

waheguru di mehar rahi tah oh vi din aa javega..............god willing

On topic.............Gayi bhains pani mein:chilli:

People learn from mistakes.............best of luck to ISRO for future

Last edited:

now plz stop trolling:taz:ISRO haas the record of 29 successfull launches. tho it failed, its our pride. India s the 5th country to do so...

so wr re u standing in space research... i heard hamid saying that u can be in moooooon within 5 yrs...

the truth is YOU CANT EVEN MANUFACTURE A DIWALI ROCKET... so pl shut up...:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom