What's new

Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna resigns

laiqs@mi

Reaction score
Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna resigns

457191-Krishna-1351248474-617-640x480.jpg

Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna, who recently came to Pakistan on a three-day visit, resigned two days ahead of a cabinet reshuffle, NDTV.com reported Friday.
Sources said that Krishna sent his resignation to the Prime Minister Office.
Ahead of his three-day visit to Pakistan for secretary-level talks, Krishna had said that friendship between the two countries has become inevitable, especially after they have reconciled over several sensitive issues.
Concluding his much-anticipated and closely-watched three-day trip to Pakistan on a high note, Krishna had termed his interactions “very fruitful”.

i think the best news.

he was not at all capable for the job.

can't guess on new FM but P Chidambaram???? any thoughts??

just one more name i can get - Shashi Tharoor (he has been deputy FM earlier).

Cabinet shuffle,

Will external affairs portfolio be given to Rahul Gandhi??

No way, he has not even tasted a deputy minister's job, job of an external affairs minister will be too big for him.

i think the best news.

Most Probably, Rahul Baba...This was shown on New channels too....:tdown:

i think the best news.

Actually Krishna did a fairly decent job but it was time for him to move on. There is a desperate need to bring in young blood to the cabinet & some old stalwarts had to give way. No chance of Chidambaram being moved out of Finance but among the names being mentioned are Salman Khursheed, Anand Sharma, who knows maybe even Shashi Tharoor who would probably be the best choice.

No way, he has not even tasted a deputy minister's job, job of an external affairs minister will be too big for him.

That's irrelevant, if he does join the cabinet, it will be at a senior position though his choices are likely to be between the HRD ministry & Rural development portfolio. Unlikely to bother with External affairs which for all its glamour is one without meat, especially for an ambitious politician.

Actually Krishna did a fairly decent job but it was time for him to move on. There is a desperate need to bring in young blood to the cabinet & some old stalwarts had to give way. No chance of Chidambaram being moved out of Finance but among the names being mentioned are Salman Khursheed, Anand Sharma, who knows maybe even Shashi Tharoor who would probably be the best choice.

That's irrelevant, if he does join the cabinet, it will be at a senior position though his choices are likely to be between the HRD ministry & Rural development portfolio. Unlikely to bother with External affairs which for all its glamour is one without meat, especially for an ambitious politician.

Salman Khursheed and Anand Sharma are such bad choices. All I can think of when thinking of Salman Khursheed is the Ashok Fernandes case, which was hushed up by Khursheed Alam Khan, then the Governor, at his daughter-in-law's coaxing. And that creep Anand Sharma was the one who created a fuss about going through a body search when traveling abroad; no wonder these creeps can't take the affront to their over-inflated egos when they are searched abroad.

Salman Khursheed already has a burden of 2 ministries (law & minority affairs) also he is faced with corruption charges, i heard that every minister with 2 ministries in hand will be relieved of 1 i.e. Salman will get only law while there will be another minister for minority affairs. Anand sharma will be a good choice since he has done a decent job as commerce minister but i will go for Shashi Tharoor until there is a sudden surprise in store for us.

Yesterday, there were news that he'll be Made Governor or Ambassador & Rahul Baba would take his post......:agree:

Definitely not ambassador. Presently he is the foreign minister, and heads the ministry. All diplomats, including ambassadors report to him. He wont resign that to become an ambassador, just like a general wont resign and then sign up as a colonel.

Definitely not ambassador. Presently he is the foreign minister, and heads the ministry. All diplomats, including ambassadors report to him. He wont resign that to become an ambassador, just like a general wont resign and then sign up as a colonel.

Mate, Apparently, this news was shown on Various New Channels and these are the two profiles which News Channels were suggesting for him....So, I posted it here........Anyway....I'm least concern what he gets....I hate Congress......:tdown:

Back
Top Bottom