What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

roopesh

Reaction score
most of our threads is all about violence ..kashmir..india ...pakistan..hindu..muslim....fights...terrors..forget all that folks....

talk about nice Indian restorents in pakistan...which food item u like there....do u get IDLI, DOOSA, UTTAPPAM kind of dishes...
any authentic south Indian food center to enjoy PULYOGRE, BISIBELE BATH, RAITA, CURD RICE, PONGAL etc items....

Does Pakistan has heaven on its land??????? :pakistan:

Keep your commnets on foods pls...:pop:

I know they definitely have dosas. There is considerable Hyderabadi (Deccan) flair in food in Karachi at least. Aside from that, most of the food in Pakistan is cooked around meat etc. so not much demand for specifically vegetarian dishes (aside from daal which is a staple and sabzi/tarkari) ;-)

I know they definitely have dosas. There is considerable Hyderabadi (Deccan) flair in food in Karachi at least. Aside from that, most of the food in Pakistan is cooked around meat etc. so not much demand for specifically vegetarian dishes (aside from daal which is a staple and sabzi/tarkari) ;-)

This might be a stupid question, but in the dosa does the masala have any meat?

most of our threads is all about violence ..kashmir..india ...pakistan..hindu..muslim....fights...terrors..forget all that folks....

talk about nice Indian restorents in pakistan...which food item u like there....do u get IDLI, DOOSA, UTTAPPAM kind of dishes...
any authentic south Indian food center to enjoy PULYOGRE, BISIBELE BATH, RAITA, CURD RICE, PONGAL etc items....

Does Pakistan has heaven on its land??????? :pakistan:

Keep your commnets on foods pls...:pop:

No South Indian food but you can Gujrati food in Karachi which is pretty similar to food in Indian Gujrat ...

Its a good business idea but with a lot of risk ;)

Do you have any authentic Pakistani restaurant?

To be honest Pakistani food tastes much better , although it is kinda similar to Indian food. not saying Indian food is bad................... just comparing it to Pakistani food.

ive tasted the indian and pakistani versions of the same food before and i really have to say that the pakistani food was much better in taste
maybe im not used to the indian taste
and why are indian rotis so small?? lol

I have never heard or seen any Pakistani restaurant in India, probably because most of the food that you get in Pakistan is also available in India, but it may not be the case for the other way round.

Why would they have indian food restaurants in pakistan?
Food is similar so no need i guess.
Indian food would be my 2nd choice after pakistani food ( or restaurant)
for sure. Not putting Indian food down or anything but there is always a
noticeable difference. I guess it has to do with what kinda taste you are used to as well.
Indian snacks are definitely better though at least in my experience.

For those who claim to have tasted both, what's the difference between food from, say Pakistani Punjab and Indian Punjab?

Please don't start the vegetarian thing again...

ive tasted the indian and pakistani versions of the same food before and i really have to say that the pakistani food was much better in taste
maybe im not used to the indian taste
and why are indian rotis so small?? lol

well you can make rotis bigger - just use more atta :D

Btw, I recommend you try south Indian food. Nothing like a masala dosa :partay:

I have never heard or seen any Pakistani restaurant in India, probably because most of the food that you get in Pakistan is also available in India, but it may not be the case for the other way round.

There is plenty of Pakistani food which is not even heard of in India.

Here are some examples:

Matka Gosht
Sajji
Chapli Kabab
Kabuli pilau
Roghan Josh
Shab Deg key Kabab
Khagina
Qeemay waley naan
Chanay kee dal gosht
Murgh Choley
Peshwari ice cream
Aloo wali daal
White Chicken karhai
Green masal chicken

... and many more

Iam sorry to say and this is out of honesty ! first of all Indian food is diff from Pakistani food second it to me was not good cuz of many diff reasons might be good to others no offence to our indian members here and it is not cuz iam a Pakistani we just have diff food dishes and the things that are the same werent good as the Pakistani ones.....

There is plenty of Pakistani food which is not even heard of in India.

Here are some examples:

Matka Gosht
Sajji
Chapli Kabab
Kabuli pilau
Roghan Josh
Shab Deg key Kabab
Khagina
Qeemay waley naan
Chanay kee dal gosht
Murgh Choley
Peshwari ice cream
Aloo wali daal
White Chicken karhai
Green masal chicken

... and many more

Well I'm definitely not the expert on this, being a vegetarian, maybe other Indian members can elaborate more.

Kabuli pulao is, well, from Kabul :D
I've seen Roghan Josh on menus in India
Keema naan - definitely the same
Aloo daal - eaten it plenty of times. Depends on what daal you're talking about though.

Peshawari ice cream sounds good - what's so Peshawari about it?

Regardless of the dish one difference is the use of spices. I think and hope I am right Pakistani dishes have more spices while Indian dishes have less spices.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Slightly off the topic, most Pakistani restaurants I see in the west advertise themselves as "Pakistani and Indian cuisine". Why is this so? To attract more customers?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom