What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
Can India afford to have a PM like this:

BHZlZwGCAAEAiyF.jpg:large

Know thy Katju Barfi...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much on Indian democratic setup but would like to educate myself......i am a bit amazed seeing the poll results no matter even if it represents a fraction of Indians on this forum, my question is this how come Congress is so unpopular specially against BJP...........is it because of Rahul Gandhi?
From an outsider point of view, Congress under the leadership of Manmohan Singh (forgive me if i spell him wrong) has given India the economic rise, made India an accepted nuclear power while keeping outside of NPT and other treaties. What is the decision factor that Indians are looking for in the upcoming elections? Anyone?

Don't know much on Indian democratic setup but would like to educate myself......i am a bit amazed seeing the poll results no matter even if it represents a fraction of Indians on this forum, my question is this how come Congress is so unpopular specially against BJP...........is it because of Rahul Gandhi?
From an outsider point of view, Congress under the leadership of Manmohan Singh (forgive me if i spell him wrong) has given India the economic rise, made India an accepted nuclear power while keeping outside of NPT and other treaties. What is the decision factor that Indians are looking for in the upcoming elections? Anyone?
1}2G Scam
2}Coal Scam
3}CWG Scam
4}Agusta Deal Scam
5}High Inflation
6}Adarsh Society Scam

Do they still need anything else to get unpopular..

Main reason may be corruption the scandals like 2G scam ,Coal Scam and lot of other scams tarnished Congress and prime ministers image plus the price rise issues

POLL IS CLOSED!!!!

FINAL RESULT:

BJP/NDA with Narendra Modi as it's Leader 79 71.82% (NEAR 3/4th MAJORITY)
BJP/NDA with someone else as it's Leader 9 8.18%
Congress/UPA with Rahul Gandhi as it's Leader 6 5.45%
Congress/UPA with someone else as it's Leader 9 8.18%
Third Front 4 3.64%
Will not Vote at all 3 2.73%

THOUGH THIS POLL DOESN'T IMPACT THE NATIONAL ELECTIONS BUT ATLEAST IT GIVES SOME HINT OF VOTER TREND.

I AM COUNTING THAT PDF INDIANS COME IN THIS CATEGORY OF INDIAN POPULATION - MIDDLE CLASS, ASPIRATIONAL, YOUNG, WANTING INDIA TO SEE AS A GREAT POWER, etc.......

THIS IS JUST A SMALL SAMPLE OF CRORES OF SUCH INDIANS, SO THIS POLL INDEED SAY A LOT.

BTW, I VOTED FOR CONGRESS UNDER RG AS A LEADER :D

@arp2041 , @Dillinger , @INDIAISM : Are you guys sure you cannot see who voted for whom ??

Yes, I would have agreed with you on UPA-1, but on UPA-2 the less said the better.

Nearly each month we have a new scam, the new scam breaks the record of Previous scam & Rs ___ Lakh crore scam is now like buying vegetables.

Our Economy is at it's lowest GDP growth rate in a decade, this when UPA-1 brought it at the peak once around 2007 with 9.6%, now we are finding hard to even clock 5%.

Add to this, the fact that we have Inflation, Rupee depreciation, Oil Prices rising, decreasing law & order situation, trust of foreign investors waning, increasing divide in society + anti-incumbency setting in many parts of India.

+ Congress after MMS, nor has any LEADER nor has any VISION to take India to new heights.

To be really fair to RG, he is NO leader, if it was not for his surname, he wouldn't have even dared to enter politics. Comparing him to Modi is a JOKE as there is no comparison at all. Modi has PROVEN track record, while RG has nothing to show for himself other than him being a GANDHI. I am sorry to say, this is India of 21st century, we don't vote for someone's surname.

+ Congress/UPA is ruling India for past 9/10 years, to maintain a proper BALANCE in a Democracy, it's better they sit in opposition benches for atleast next 5 years.

@arp2041 , @Dillinger , @INDIAISM : Are you guys sure you cannot see who voted for whom ??

Thanks @kurup wonder how do we do that???

@Abingdonboy @sancho mates, why didn't you voted in the Poll??

Your Opinion is the MOST BALANCED & MOST RATIONAL among all Indians here, would have been better if we can know your Political Stand.

Thanks In Advance :)

Your Opinion is the MOST BALANCED & MOST RATIONAL among all Indians here, would have been better if we can know your Political Stand.

Lol, @arp2041 a number of reasons, for me, to not vote. Firstly I am already accused of being a BJP/Modi supporter and at the same time a Congress/Rahul supporter AT THE SAME TIME which leads to a certain section of the membership unleashing unnecessary personal attacks.

Secondly, I am still (and will be for the foreseeable future) on the fence about the elections. Whilst I know Modi's track record of developmental and business sense in Gujrat there are a few things I am still uneasy about with him and as such I would like him to clarify and clearly state some of his views and beliefs.

Wrt Rahul, I do not wish to see him anywhere near the PM position, putting aside the unconstitutional dynasty he is from, he has almost 0 leadership or high-office experience and seemingly has little genuine merit to be the highest elected official in one of the most significant and powerful nations on Earth. Rahul has done nothing to prove to me that if he enters office he will move India into a better position. At least Modi is running on an economic/development platform, I have zero idea what Rahul is running on other than his surname.

With the likes of MMS at the helm of the govt I had some faith that he and the likes of Chidambaram and Montek Singh would lead India in a good path on the economic front or at the very least be sure what to do when things weren't going so well. Rahul has a degree in, what, Political science? I fail to see how that will help him run India.

The fact is the next PM will be in office in a key period 2014-19 which is smack bang in the timeline for a second set of major economic reforms, under the likes of MMS or Modi I am certain these would go through, I cannot, hand on heart, say Rahul would/could do these.

Thirdly, I am not an Indian citizen and as such I cannot and will not be voting in the general elections come 2014 so my opinion and beliefs are entirely irrelevant.

@arp2041

All you have to do is go to any of the number of votes (i.e ; 79 for BJP/NDA with Narendra Modi as it's Leader or 9 for BJP/NDA with someone else as it's Leader) and click it.

It will show the poll status with voters .

Found some of these interesting pictures'

Sonia Gandhi preparing a speech.. 4+ decades in India, but can't even read an Indian script .

647505231.jpg

This is from Pratap Simha's column in Kannada Prabha newspaper on Saturday. Ultimate tribute to

BHUNI98CUAEv5BT.jpg

Rahul Gandhi was in Party Mood after 26/11 attacks

BHUZva-CEAAO4cy.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom