What's new

Indian Grid Failure huge impact made them Potential target in case of war

mjnaushad

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
First of All no trolling....

I just want some facts and discussion. The recent grid failure left half of India without electricity. Does this mean it made them a target in case of war. Also I would like to know in previous wars did either of country tried to attack such targets?

Your views.

Well, grid collapse and targeting a sub station is two different thing..... in war it wont impact much ....because during war time , lights usually cut off during air raids...

yes if you want to destroy the country economicaly then destroy grid stations etc.

not too easy target and not much valuable asset to destroy..Military targets are more important target than those grids..plus,grid can be repaired within few days(depend on damage)..plus,its not only India,every country has power grids..generally nobody cares much about those grids..plus,those grids are interconnected,that means you have to take whole thing down,else,it will not have much effect..and most important,military assets generally doesn't depend on these grids..its for civilian only..

I just want some facts and discussion. The recent grid failure left half of India without electricity. Does this mean it made them a target in case of war. Also I would like to know in previous wars did either of country tried to attack such targets?

Your views.

Okay because there is no such thing as back-up power??!! Critical infrastructure including defence installations will always have such capability so you dreams come to nought. Btw by the same logic that means Pakistan is vulnerable for much of the day due to extreme load shedding present there.

Okay because there is no such thing as back-up power??!! Critical infrastructure including defence installations will always have such capability so you dreams come to nought. Btw by the same logic that means Pakistan is vulnerable for much of the day due to extreme load shedding present there.

My dream.... Trust me its not my dream....

And I know same logic can be applied to Pakistan as well.... I just wanted a discussion and history .... But as usual you guys come up with dreams and loadshedding (which BTW exist in India as well)....Lets just forget it....

Mods please close the thread.

The grid was back online in 6 hours, so momentarily it'll affect the civilian life, but military has their own backup power supply in form of generators. Militarily very less impact.

Note: In some cities, power was back within 2 hours, while it took a bit long for suburbs. So power can be transmitted by rerouting the affected or damaged power station/grid.

Your call. :)

I think pakistan has clear advantage over india as its grids are always offline. This is one pf the reason not to have hifi grids, as ot will be destroyed in future war. A very strategic thinking.

During 71 war,electricity was cut n ppl used to do work under light of candle :D
so grid fails but candle dont fail

Your views.
Actually no... Let me explain you.
Every 3-4 Indian states have their own Grid. The recent Black out was happened due to stupidity of officials. The day before this black out, the Agra-barelly line got tripped and because of this, the northern Grid failed. The Electric board showed their stupidity and connected northern Grid with other grids (such as eastern, northeastern and central grids) to supply power to northern Grid. They did not took pain to work on Agra-barelly line, as a result the very next day the line got tripped again and northern grid failed again and since other grids are connected with northern grid, they also failed resulting 22 states lost their power.

The only Grid which was not connected to northern one was Southern grid and thus South grid was saved.

Secondly, every state have their own power except for Delhi. Even UP only face power cut only for 2-4 hours. By the evening everything was normal.

not too easy target and not much valuable asset to destroy..Military targets are more important target than those grids..plus,grid can be repaired within few days(depend on damage)..plus,its not only India,every country has power grids..generally nobody cares much about those grids..plus,those grids are interconnected,that means you have to take whole thing down,else,it will not have much effect..and most important,military assets generally doesn't depend on these grids..its for civilian only..

In the first gulf war, if you remember, besides military targets in Iraq, targets like communication/roads n bridges/power houses and power grids were also attacked by allied air forces prior to start of full scale thrust. Mean they have some impact on the outcome of war.

My dream.... Trust me its not my dream....

And I know same logic can be applied to Pakistan as well.... I just wanted a discussion and history .... But as usual you guys come up with dreams and loadshedding (which BTW exist in India as well)....Lets just forget it....

Mods please close the thread.
Your question is very valid. Waiting for somebody to give a proper answer.

Where will the bomb to disrupt supply in whole country. :cheesy:

How EMP bombs will effect power stations and power grids?

Back
Top Bottom