What's new

Indian human spaceflight program

Earth

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi guys,I have open this thread to discuss INDIA UPCOMMING HUMAN SPACE MISSION IN 2014-2015.......:yahoo:

Indian human spaceflight program is a proposal by Indian Space Research Organisation to develop and first launch the Orbital Vehicle to carry a two-member crew to LEO by 2015. The spaceship would be launched by India’s GSLV-Mk II launcher.

Orbital Vehicle

India and Russia signed a memorandum of understanding on joint activities in the field of human spaceflight programme during the visit of Russian president Dmitry Medvedev to India in Dec 2008.

ISRO plans manned mission to moon in 2014

Nice topic. Hope to see all the related news about Indian Manned Space Mission

Indian human space flight program would be more advanced then any asian countries human space flight program. Thats ofcourse china and may be in future japan. Date is set. Its 2015. Test already started few years ago. ISRO has ablity to match NASA in few years as even NASA agreed that. ISRO really not pride of india. Its pride of ASIA. i have some pics of india's future human space flight programme. i will upload it later. ISRO's future bright. ISRO eyes big goals. Its because we dont fear failure. Thats what makes ISRO a successor of NASA as even NASA goes through failures and learns from it. Am big fan of ISRO. their future vision alot unique.

Indian human space flight program would be more advanced then any asian countries human space flight program. Thats ofcourse china and may be in future japan. Date is set. Its 2015. Test already started few years ago. ISRO has ablity to match NASA in few years as even NASA agreed that. ISRO really not pride of india. Its pride of ASIA. i have some pics of india's future human space flight programme. i will upload it later. ISRO's future bright. ISRO eyes big goals. Its because we dont fear failure. Thats what makes ISRO a successor of NASA as even NASA goes through failures and learns from it. Am big fan of ISRO. their future vision alot unique.

Good sentiment - but lets keep our feet on ground and plan realistic things. ISRO did a splendid job on chandrayan - I . We have a long way to go before we start comparing with NSA / Russian Space agency / European Space agencies.

ya man,we can't compare ISRO to NASA and Russian agency at this time,Isro has long way to go and fast enough to match them.......

But ISRO and India has bright future in Space Exploration....

plz.........send all info regarding Indian space mission:yahoo::smitten:

Thats the most stupidest post here.. Chinas space program is way ahead of Indian and Japanese programs. They had their first manned mission in 2003.
NASA, European & Russian space agencies are decades ahead of ISRO. Still, ISROs progress is quite impressive and all Indians should be proud of it.
You may be a big fan of ISRO, but that doesn't give you the right to show your ignorance here..

chill out luoshan,i think ISRO has started the preparation for man mission,i have read some were that navy has recover the orbital vehicle after it was launch for test......correct me if i am wrong,i don;t have link for that.

Orbital Vehicle
Credit - ISRO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
d302993c8ad768ff30446307399e346b.jpg

Class: Manned. Type: Spacecraft. Nation: India. Agency: ISRO. Manufacturer: ISRO.
Design of an Indian manned spacecraft began in October 2006. Dependent on a full funding decision at the end of 2008, planned first flight of the two-man capsule was 2015.

An initial funding of $23 million was provided for 2007-2008 for concept work on the capsule, spacesuits, and mission simulation. Full funding of $2.2 billion would have to be approved by the end of 2008 in order to make the 2015 operational date. Estimates in 2006, perhaps more realistic, had been that the program would cost $4.3 billion and take eight years.

ISRO had launched and recovered the 550-kg Space Recovery Capsule in January 2007. The full-scale manned capsule was said to be derived from this, although ISRO's published concept showed a more elongated conical shape than the SRE. The launch vehicle would be a version of India's Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark 2, with a structurally-strengthened upper stage to accommodate the heavier low-earth-orbit manned capsule as opposed to the lighter standard geosynchronous-transfer-orbit satellite payload.

A crew of two to three was mentioned. Although ISS orbital capability of the GSLV Mark 2 was 4.6 metric tons, a spacecraft mass of 2.5 to 3.0 metric tons was mentioned - perhaps this was the capsule only. The illustration showed a main engine and smaller orientation engines arranged in a light package around the base of the capsule, indicating an earth-orbit maneuvering capability was to be included. The nose was free for a docking mechanism, but primary entry was evidently through a side hatch secured by explosive bolts.

India would receive assistance in crew selection and training from Russia under an agreement signed between the two countries in March 2008. One option being studied would be flight of an Indian astronaut aboard a Soyuz capsule by 2012 in preparation for the Indian mission.

India's schedule was ambitious under any circumstances, and even if funding materialized, its history of performance on other indigenous aerospace programs made it unlikely that the capsule would fly before 2020. Earliest accounts had mentioned a manned flight to the moon. This would be possible at the low end of the indicated payload range, 2500 kg, within the payload capability of an improved GSLV, and perhaps account for the lightweight capsule plus modest propulsion package shown in the ISRO illustration.

Crew Size: 3. Typical orbit: 400 km circular orbit. Length: 3.30 m (10.80 ft). Basic Diameter: 2.00 m (6.50 ft). Mass: 4,500 kg (9,900 lb).

Orbital Vehicle

Thats the most stupidest post here.. Chinas space program is way ahead of Indian and Japanese programs. They had their first manned mission in 2003.
NASA, European & Russian space agencies are decades ahead of ISRO. Still, ISROs progress is quite impressive and all Indians should be proud of it.
You may be a big fan of ISRO, but that doesn't give you the right to show your ignorance here..

Sir if you would have asked any indian will india send moon orbitor in space? We would have said yes but may be 2020. Ok? Its 2009. Now china sending manned space station by 2020. Right? ISRO planned manned moon mission by 2020. Even though ISRO said they would wait until NASA or any other space agency sends man on moon because that way we would gain knowledge is it safe to land man on moon. Now about comparing china's space agency and ISRO then i would say the difference is Man in space. China sended and india not yet but thats due to our goverment. By 2015 is manned mission. 2018 might be space station and 2020 man on moon. Better ask ISRO. they feel insult when compared with chinese space agency. They said china sended man in space because chinese goverment wanted. Our indian goverment did not told anything to ISRO or ISRO would have sended before china. ISRO says ISRO 2nd to none. Better google the comment by ISRO. thank you.

And sir do let us know china's mission and india's moon mission. Details of who gained what. Thank you.

Indian human space flight program would be more advanced then any asian countries human space flight program. Thats ofcourse china and may be in future japan. .....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
ISRO2 sir, you've turned this thread into a joke. Have you ever been outside of mother India to see the world? I reckon you haven't (or you a just cognitively-deficient), because then you would know how childish that statement was. Are you aware that India is THE least advance nation in the entire world, containing ~half of the world's extreme poverty. Not a single one of your technological and scientific industry is even remotely indigenous. Even your space rocket and satellites are foreign. Korea's Samsung decision to instead build a solar mfg plant instead of a semiconductor plant foiled Bharat's desire for their first IC plant. Tiny South Korea (46 million) is light-years ahead of guys (please don't deny it....). Even North Korea (26 million), HK (15 million), and Singapore (11 million) are way ahead of you. China & Japan are ahead of all these, so how do you figure ISRO can even remotely exceed China and Japan? :woot:

It's not a matter of under-estimating or belittling ISRO, as I am not debating the likelihood of an Indian manned space mission by 2015. It's a matter of getting a reality check, and not underestimating CJK (China-Japan-Koreas).

ISRO2 sir, you've turned this thread into a joke. Have you ever been outside of mother India to see the world? I reckon you haven't (or you a just cognitively-deficient), because then you would know how childish that statement was. Are you aware that India is THE least advance nation in the entire world, containing ~half of the world's extreme poverty. Not a single one of your technological and scientific industry is even remotely indigenous. Even your space rocket and satellites are foreign. Korea's Samsung decision to instead build a solar mfg plant instead of a semiconductor plant foiled Bharat's desire for their first IC plant. Tiny South Korea (46 million) is light-years ahead of guys (please don't deny it....). Even North Korea (26 million), HK (15 million), and Singapore (11 million) are way ahead of you. China & Japan are ahead of all these, so how do you figure ISRO can even remotely exceed China and Japan? :woot:

It's not a matter of under-estimating or belittling ISRO, as I am not debating the likelihood of an Indian manned space mission by 2015. It's a matter of getting a reality check, and not underestimating CJK (China-Japan-Koreas).

simple answer regarding India being least developed nation
we have Pakistan in our neighborhood dependent on aid.

Sorry to disappoint you. But ISRO2 is a kid. It was born in 1985. It is also a troll. It came from the BR forum just to spam here and there and waste the bandwidth.

A troll is a troll. Trolls dont have national identities. For example a criminal is a criminal, it does not matter to which country he belongs.

Dont feed the troll. Dont waste bandwidth. :angry:

:D

Sir are you gonna compare ISRO with other space agency by MONEY? Thats childish sir. Would you like to tell me how much NASA spend on moon orbitor compare to india's chandrayaan1? Am sure that would make u DIZZY. ISRO's missions are CHEAPEST COST. Yes i know china and japan light years ahead IN SPENDING MONEY. what did u gain from moon mission? We found WATER by spending hell of a lot LESS. go first find something and then match our ISRO. better watch NASA's video where the hail Chandrayaan1 terming it as MOST PRECIOUS AND IMPORTANT FIND EVER. do check how they thanked our ISRO. NASA knew cheap way to launch mission is by the help of ISRO by joining our ISRO. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom