Indian Inventions throughout the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Making this thread as not to go off-topic on another thread as someone was questioning Indian Inventions :tup:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I shall start of small with a quote from the great Albert Einstein, American scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian invention throughout the ages is Zero. :tongue:

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Indian invention throughout the ages is Zero. :tongue:

Making this thread because of that one dude who said i was wrong but he not shown his face here

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

List of Indian inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Algebraic abbreviations: The mathematician Brahmagupta had begun using abbreviations for unknowns by the 7th century

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Hindu number system: The Hindu numeral system was developed in India between the 2000-1500 BC during the Indus Valley Civilization.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Zero: Indians were the first to use the zero as a symbol and in arithmetic operations, although Babylonians used zero to signify the 'absent'.[108] In those earlier times a blank space was used to denote zero, later when it created confusion a dot was used to denote zero(could be found in Bakhshali manuscript).[109]In 500 AD circa Aryabhata again gave a new symbol for zero(0) with some new rules

"India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

Look like propaganda of BJP.

Hey Yeti that was modern Pakistan/India oh and even Bangladesh lol mate

Look like propaganda of BJP.

That was from Will Durant, American historian

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Hey Yeti that was modern Pakistan/India oh and even Bangladesh lol mate

Indus Valley belonged to us all we can all share.

Inventions of Indian before or after partition ?

I think you are talking about inventions which has origin in Indian subcontinent

kabadi was originated in India :D

the amazing inventions, extraordinary ideas and world's first and advanced civilization by Indians that are still usefull today, such as plastic sergery, number system, wax, yogas, water clock, etc

i suggest OP to delete the thread, for it might host another troll war.
I see the signs already.
thank you

Inventions of Indian before or after partition ?

I think you are talking about inventions which has origin in Indian subcontinent

kabadi was originated in India :D

Lucky Rafi is not here otherwise ill be in trouble :D

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Max Mueller, German scholar: If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only."

The first iron-cased and metal-cylinder rockets were developed by Tipu Sultan, ruler of the South Indian Kingdom of Mysore, and his father Hyder Ali, in the 1780s. He successfully used these iron-cased rockets against the larger forces of the British East India Company during the Anglo-Mysore Wars

interesting :)

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

The first iron-cased and metal-cylinder rockets were developed by Tipu Sultan, ruler of the South Indian Kingdom of Mysore, and his father Hyder Ali, in the 1780s. He successfully used these iron-cased rockets against the larger forces of the British East India Company during the Anglo-Mysore Wars

interesting :)

indianrockets+of+tipu.gif

Im still not sure how we lost aganist the British maybe we needed to build more rockets first before we attacked them.

To lend some credibility to your thread, you (the thread starter) should stop using Wikipedia. Or are you worried that Indian inventions can not be found anywhere outside Wikipedia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom