What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

i dont understand how racism came into this.

The racism claim is from your side saying that anyone who questions the NASSCOM claims in the original article is doing it because they hate Indians.

Even though, as I made clear in the first couple of pages, the issue here affects Indian-Americans just as much as everyone else. But some people are willing to sacrifice the interests of Indian-Americans to the interests of Indian companies.

If I am doing the hiring, then my preference matters quite a lot.

It doesn't seem to have effected the march of Indian IT in general and in US specifically.

May be we have not seen the full effect of your preferences so far as the ultimate authority on these matters.

We will wait and see.

May be you can use your great power to help your own country as well. That will be a real win win.

What makes you think I came on a work permit and took away a job?

Your flag. If not you, someone else in your family did. The issue remains the same.

In fact this whole thing of "local" is a canard. And not very well hidden.

The US needs these skills and that is the reason they are having these skill gap to be filled by India and others. Their competitiveness depends on it.

Again a win win.

The racism claim is from your side saying that anyone who questions the NASSCOM claims in the original article is doing it because they hate Indians.

Even though, as I made clear in the first couple of pages, the issue here affects Indian-Americans just as much as everyone else. But some people are willing to sacrifice the interests of Indian-Americans to the interests of Indian companies.

So you are so much concerned for the Indian Americans and the other locals!

Your not so hidden views about India never had anything to do with it!

Silly us. We always get you so wrong. ;)

Your flag.

So just a general rant completely devoid from reality or facts and based on your personal delusions, then?

Do you ever post anything even vaguely related to the topic, or just use every opportunity to unload your rants onto the forum?

@Developereo, i have seen the stats all top indian companies hire h1bs in big numbers. but tell me one thing, if u belonged to india which is a booming economy, and u wanted to invest in india, would u hire whites and pay them more or rather hire indians to make more profits to contribute into indian economy? indian companies invest ther bcoz indian companies are now overrunning the americans and winning billions of dollars of contracts, something pak can never do.

HCL Technologies Limited : HCL Technologies Gets Software Platform Order From US | 4-Traders
Wipro launches Cloud Based NextGen Management Solution for US Market

since pakistanis are drastically unsuccessfull in buisness, especially in IT and also tend to dislike indians, i assume ull choose the former. there was no need to take this thread so long.

So just a general rant completely devoid from reality or facts and based on your personal delusions, then?

Not really.

Do you ever post anything even vaguely related to the topic, or just use every opportunity to unload your rants onto the forum?

I do, you just have to remove the filter.

Weltanschauung — the mental makeup which selects and filters facts before they reach the conscious brain

since pakistanis are drastically unsuccessfull in buisness, especially in IT and also tend to dislike indians, i assume ull choose the former. there was no need to take this thread so long.

Hey, that was so off topic!

This whole canard from 12 pages never had anything to do with their opinions of India and their need.

It was all for a good cause, to protect the local jobs.

More power to them. We will move on. The naysayers never mattered and don't matter now.

@Developereo, i have seen the stats all top indian companies hire h1bs in big numbers. but tell me one thing, if u belonged to india which is a booming economy, and u wanted to invest in india, would u hire whites and pay them more or rather hire indians to make more profits to contribute into indian economy? indian companies invest ther bcoz indian companies are now overrunning the americans and winning billions of dollars of contracts,

The question is not whether, or now much, H1B is justified, but whether the 100,000 people employed by Indian companies in the US are "local US workers".

My assertion was that most of these are actually imported workers, so the Indian companies' claims are disingenuous. Some Indians challenged that assertion even though it has been shown to be true. Vinod even posted a different source that explicitly acknowledges it.

something pak can never do.

Do try to write a post without mentioning Pakistan. The topic has nothing to do with Pakistan.

Yes, and we (including you) also agreed that these same jobs would exist if the "outsourcing" was staffed by US locals. The determining factor being consolidation, not importation.
True.. so assuming that Indian companies are creating 110K indirect jobs (65% of indirect jobs) as new jobs as a result of consolidation due to outsourcing. And as a part of that they are also importing 65K non locals to staff their operations in the US (as they see fit), they are still net job providers to the US local population.. Isnt it? Is that a bad thing ?

That's again a different discussion and not the point of the original article.
Not really.. The point of the original article is that Indian companies are creating jobs within US, contributing to US economy. Its you who brought the angle of local vs imported workers (which is irrelevant since both contribute equally to the US economy)

Not really.. The point of the original article is that Indian companies are creating jobs within US, contributing to US economy. Its you who brought the angle of local vs imported workers (which is irrelevant since both contribute equally to the US economy)

Quoted for truth.

In addition, if the USA doesn't differentiate between the two, why should others who are not even an interested party!

Especially those who consider both India and USA as enemies. Of course India is the "arch enemy" and their priority of hatred is always very clear. ;)

True.. so assuming that Indian companies are creating 110K indirect jobs (65% of indirect jobs) as new jobs as a result of consolidation due to outsourcing. And as a part of that they are also importing 65K non locals to staff their operations in the US (as they see fit), they are still net job providers to the US local population.. Isnt it? Is that a bad thing ?

OK, let me just lay out the bottom line (round numbers):

No Indian imports: 180,000 US indirect jobs + 100,000 US direct jobs.
With Indian imports: 180,000 US indirect jobs + 30,000 US direct jobs + 70,000 Indian imports

Net effect of Indian imports = 70,000 US jobs lost to Indian imports.

With Indian imports: 180,000 US indirect jobs + 30,000 US direct jobs + 70,000 Indian imports

Lost? they are still jobs within US economy contributing exactly the same way to US economy (actually more if you count the H1B/L1 tax) like a job held by US local.

Are you by any chance questioning the work visa regime of USA?

Would you take offence if I call you Pakistani export to Australia?

The Indians who are working in US are one of the most educated bunch in various communities in US and contributing heavily towards US economy. They do not live in welfare money like some other community do in UK.

US is afterall a land of immigrants, or in your parlance, imports.

Oh man, someone has a deep trouble understanding creating opportunities and growth.

A pre WW2 mindset that sadly still prevails among some.

And the results are telling in their parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom