Indian Leader Says Country Won't Be Provoked Into War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
NEW DELHI -- India won't be provoked into a war with Pakistan, India's foreign minister, Pranab Mukherjee, told India's Parliament Thursday.

"Attacking Pakistan (is) not a solution," Mr. Mukherjee told parliamentarians, saying that India is building international pressure on its South Asian neighbor.

India officials say the recent Mumbai terror attacks, which left 172 people dead, were launched from Pakistan by the Islamist militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba

Tensions between India and Pakistan have escalated since the Mumbai attacks, with concern also rising in the international community. U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she was pressing Pakistan to show "resolve and urgency" in finding the perpetrators.

India expects "some positive steps from Pakistan," Mr. Mukherjee said Thursday. He told the Indian Parliament that Pakistan had been given a list of 40 most wanted -- in the wake of the attacks India had already demanded Pakistan hand over about 20 terror suspects. It wasn't immediately clear if the 40 was in addition to this list.

Already there is immense pressure on Pakistan to dismantle Lashkar. Pakistan outlawed the group, which has had strong links to Pakistan's military intelligence, in 2002, but it continued operating.

In recent days Pakistan has conducted a number of raids on Lashkar and arrested some of its key operatives. But Mr. Mukherjee told India's Parliament Thursday that Hafiz Saeed and Masood Azhar still hadn't been detained.

Mr. Saeed is the head of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, the parent organization of Lashkar-e-Taiba. He has denied that his group was involved in the Mumbai attacks.

Mr. Azhar is the leader of Pakistani militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed. He was jailed by India in the 1990s, but authorities were forced to release him in 1999 in exchange for passengers on an Indian Airlines flight hijacked to Kandahar, Afghanistan. His group, which is believed to have some links to al Qaeda, still operates in parts of Pakistan.

Indian Leader Says Country Won't Be Provoke Into War - WSJ.com

India's Parliament Debates Response to Mumbai Terror Siege

Indian cabinet members, speaking before parliament Thursday, said those who laid siege to Mumbai certainly came from Pakistan, but they are ruling out military retaliation. An opposition leader calls the challenge facing India "a war-like situation."

Tough language regarding Pakistan was aired in India's parliament , in a session devoted to the terror attack on Mumbai. In his first official remarks to lawmakers, the country's new home minister, Palaniappan Chidambaram, indicated that intelligence findings leave no doubt as to where the attack originated.

"The finger of suspicion unmistakably points to the territory of our neighbor, Pakistan," he said.

The interior minister announced that 20 new schools will be set up, nationwide, to train commandos and other personnel in counter-insurgency and anti-terror techniques. A special coastal
command will be established to try to prevent more militants from again using the sea to enter India for terror strikes.

Chidambaram says the entire region is "in the eye of the storm of terror."

His fellow cabinet member, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told lawmakers - some of whom shouted for revenge against Pakistan - that a retaliatory strike is not an option. But he insists Islamabad completely dismantle the terrorist infrastructure on its soil.

"What we are most respectfully submitting, suggesting to the government of Pakistan, please act," he said. "A mere expression of intention is not adequate."

Opposition leader L.K. Advani, of the nationalist BJP party, accuses Pakistan of sheltering organizations such as Lashkar-e-Taiba, known as L-e-T, which is blamed for the 60-hour siege of Mumbai.

"If South Asia is today in the eye of the storm of terror, the epicenter of this storm is Pakistan," said Advani.

A United Nations Security Council panel Wednesday has ruled that the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity is a front for L-e-T and designated four L-e-T leaders as terrorists, including one who was among the suspects arrested this week by Pakistani authorities.

Pakistan insists it will try any suspects who are implicated in the Mumbai attack, which left about 170 people dead. India wants the suspects handed over for trial here.

The only surviving gunman of the assault on Mumbai has been remanded in police custody for a further two weeks. Mohammad Ajmal Amir Iman did not appear in court. Instead, a magistrate visited Mumbai police headquarters, amid security concerns about transporting the suspect. In addition to facing murder and other charges, police say Iman is accused of "making war against the country."

VOA News - India's Parliament Debates Response to Mumbai Terror Siege

India has declared categorically it doesn't want war. People are you listening?

I have an observation to make here. Whenever there is some progress towards peace between India and Pakistan, there is always some kind of attack on India to disrupt the peace process and it comes from Pakistan, examples being, Kargil and Mumbai attack. It Indicates that some people in Pakistan doesn't want peace with India, who could be these people? - Army?, Terrorist?, ISI? or Hindu-Zionist-Crusader conspirators?. Any guesses people?

I have an observation to make here. Whenever there is some progress towards peace between India and Pakistan, there is always some kind of attack on India to disrupt the peace process and it comes from Pakistan, examples being, Kargil and Mumbai attack. It Indicates that some people in Pakistan doesn't want peace with India, who could be these people? - Army?, Terrorist?, ISI? or Hindu-Zionist-Crusader conspirators?. Any guesses people?

yes all comes from pakistan and your country is full of saints:angel:

it is india hwo can,t see pakistan as an indepentend nation,india want to become the only power of southasia and it can,t see pakistan as power or better say nuclear power.
pakistan can only benefit from peace with india.but we don,t want to accept indian bullyism
like srilanka nepal ect.thats it
our desire for peace is not our waekness

I think the observation is too simplistic. Both Pakistan and India are not isolated from the rest of the world and to blame Pakistan for always diverting the peace process is entirely mistaken. Certainly there are elements in Pakistan who are striving to do this but these appear to be working in coordination with their counterparts in India and I do not necessarily mean the intelligence services but RAW is more culpable since it is aligned to the Hindu fanatical forces (ISI appears to react to the conspiracies of RAW rather than setting the agenda and much of the predicament of Pakistan has been caused by its close relationship to the US who is very fickle in its friendship and sincerity in dealing with its allies).

There are outside interests to keep India and Pakistan at each others throats and some in India appear quite glad to play along in this game. That India has not immediately taken the route of war seems to suggest that there are some wise heads in New Delhi who realize that there are bigger and more complex factors at play here. Apart from the usual prognosis that the Mumbai attacks largely benefit the BJP who will now exploit the momentum on this issue that will bring them dividends in the national elections. The people who devised these plans are the same people who helped Zardari to become president in Pakistan and who have also subverted democracy in Bangladesh for two years in order to bring the Awami league to power. If the BJP wins in India then there would be a compliant neighborhood for internal and external interests to further their nefarious designs in the region.

I think the observation is too simplistic. Both Pakistan and India are not isolated from the rest of the world and to blame Pakistan for always diverting the peace process is entirely mistaken. Certainly there are elements in Pakistan who are striving to do this but these appear to be working in coordination with their counterparts in India and I do not necessarily mean the intelligence services but RAW is more culpable since it is aligned to the Hindu fanatical forces (ISI appears to react to the conspiracies of RAW rather than setting the agenda and much of the predicament of Pakistan has been caused by its close relationship to the US who is very fickle in its friendship and sincerity in dealing with its allies).

There are outside interests to keep India and Pakistan at each others throats and some in India appear quite glad to play along in this game. That India has not immediately taken the route of war seems to suggest that there are some wise heads in New Delhi who realize that there are bigger and more complex factors at play here. Apart from the usual prognosis that the Mumbai attacks largely benefit the BJP who will now exploit the momentum on this issue that will bring them dividends in the national elections. The people who devised these plans are the same people who helped Zardari to become president in Pakistan and who have also subverted democracy in Bangladesh for two years in order to bring the Awami league to power. If the BJP wins in India then there would be a compliant neighborhood for internal and external interests to further their nefarious designs in the region.

All your analysis is a mere conjecture.

How the Indian elements have made Zardari president?.:lol:. Are you saying that pakistani people are credulous to do so?.

I have never seen Bangladesh complaining about RAW.

And remaining of your analysis is pure garbage. Please don't spout it here.

All your analysis is a mere conjecture.

How the Indian elements have made Zardari president?.:lol:. Are you saying that pakistani people are credulous to do so?.

I have never seen Bangladesh complaining about RAW.

And remaining of your analysis is pure garbage. Please don't spout it here.

I didn't say the Indian elements put Zardari there. Your powers of comprehension and understanding are extremely weak.

Thats really hillarious and appreciate ur thinking skillz.
what u said is the new begining of indo pal relationship.
Zardari and BJP are friends

Don't any of the Indians on this forum know how to read English? Where have I said that Zardari and BJP are friends.

I didn't say the Indian elements put Zardari there. Your powers of comprehension and understanding are extremely weak.

That is what you said. Probably, you have problems in comprehension in understanding what you wrote in an incoherent manner.

That is what you said. Probably, you have problems in comprehension in understanding what you wrote in an incoherent manner.

Find a sentence in my comment where it says that the Indians put Zardari there?

I agree with peace part of your story but forusure dont agree with a damn word that u said about that it comes from Pakistan and its not cuz iam pakistani ! we have good & bad people every where India & Pakistan have good & bad ,peacful people and haters so please be matture in your post or stoires or watever is that u write be fair be decent i can say alot iam sure many of us can but i rather not start tension here we have enough back to the topic ! before pointing the finger have some facts ,knowledge and make some sense no offence we want peace thats the end of the damn story if i could i would kill the terroist in My country and yours there should not be a blame game its enough now blaming each other wont get us ahead in peace good day boss!!:woot: :disagree:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom