What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Looks like we're finally starting see some progression in basic kit for infantry. Still mum about F-INSAS though.

I'm not too hopeful at the minute. :frown:

Wow, this thread is full of some really amazing pictures. Good job to all the guys that are keeping this thread alive. I am kinda shocked to see how well the indian military is equipped. They are definitely preparing for a chinese faceoff rather than their traditional arch rival pak.

Anyways, since this is a pak def forum, how come there isnt a thread on pak soldiers? I would like to see pak soldiers doing random stuff/ taking part in exercises/ training etc. There is a thread but its only for the war in waziristan. I would want a thread on pak soldiers.

Looks like we're finally starting see some progression in basic kit for infantry. Still mum about F-INSAS though.

I'm not too hopeful at the minute. :frown:

I think the initial road map was a little too ambitious bearing in mind this program only started in 2007 and given the sheer size and scope 2012 was always going to be a VERY,VERY ambitious target. I believe the secondary target of 8-10 infantry battalions by 2015 though is very much achievable and will be kept.

insasrifle.jpg

Thank God they are getting rid of all the orange furniture on INSAS rifles:devil:

Delta Force..is that American SF.

Yup but the badge is of a Indian force.

The RR is divided into various sectors in Kashmir and they are named Delta force,Romeo force,Kilo force etc like a brigade in an infantry having 2-3 RR units under them.

Thanks ..also does the black INSAS is only for RR and such other units.

Thanks ..also does the black INSAS is only for RR and such other units.

A few units have it and I have heard the IA intendeds to replace all older/orange INSAS by end of 2013 with the new 1b1 (black) INSAS before being replaced by F-INSAS rifle starting 2014, obviously the F-INSAS rifle will take A LONG time to be inducted into all battalikons hence the 1b1 is an interim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom