What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

8dbb956a9890.jpg

atlantickillcopy.jpg

August 10, 1999: An R-60 fired from an Indian Mig 21 closing in on the Breguet Atlantique of the Pakistan Navy after it violated Indian air space (violation disputed by Pakistan). The missile proceeded to hit the Pakistani plane, causing it to crash killing all 16 on board.

Courtesy : Kunal Biswas (D.F.I)

atlantickillcopy.jpg

August 10, 1999: An R-60 fired from an Indian Mig 21 closing in on the Breguet Atlantique of the Pakistan Navy after it violated Indian air space (violation disputed by Pakistan). The missile proceeded to hit the Pakistani plane, causing it to crash killing all 16 on board.

Courtesy : Kunal Biswas (D.F.I)

I think our PN is like the most dumbbed kind of force. I wonder why didn't they try to get some:
ae081480656fb1f55a1fd8a997c3436b.jpg

Dassault-Mirage-5BA.jpg

For reconnaissance the PN should have bought 7-11 of these in dual seat in 1980s along with some 25 Mirage-5s with their dual seat as well.

My total respects to the CRPF COBRA commandos. Good to see that they are getting better weaponry.

My total respects to the CRPF COBRA commandos. Good to see that they are getting better weaponry.

Absolutely- good guys, doing an incredibly hard job for little to know reward or attention- good to see them getting some of the equipment they deserve.

Soldiers of Peace
The primary role of the Indian Armed Forces is to protect the territorial integrity of the country, but they also provide assistance to the civil authorities, when called upon to do so, for the maintenance of law and order, essential services, disaster relief and other assistance. The film 'Soldiers of Peace' presents the engagement of the men in uniform with civilians.

Martial Traditions of the Indian Army

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom