What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

image_502266cb06c1c.jpg

image_50226744b35b9.jpg

nnvay.jpg

attachment.php

The cooling unit supplies 750 ml of cold water at 21 Celcius to the cooling garment continuously in closed loop to extract heat.Evaluated in field conditions of desert fitted I MBT Arjun.

Any clue why the Germans are using glycol solutions instead of water for cooling purpose ?

Propylene Glycol- water mix would have Lower freezing point, higher vapour point. Higher vapour point would mean that the fluid can absorb heat even at higher temperatures without boiling.

Propylene Glycol- water mix would have Lower freezing point, higher vapour point. Higher vapour point would mean that the fluid can absorb heat even at higher temperatures without boiling.
I don't think those are the operating temperature for these vests and taking into consideration that heat capacity and viscosity of water is better than glycol solutions.......not using water is kind of weird.
They have a heat sink at one end.......so the chances are pretty low that the body temperature will make the water boil.......even if it does they wouldn't be circulating hot water in those vests.

Cheers anyway..

There is a request to all my brothers don't post any pic which is not published , we can't do the same mistake which other country men do in providing viable internal information unknowingly .

Back
Top Bottom