470431598-an-indian-army-soldier-patrols-the-the-line-gettyimages.jpg
470431518-indian-army-soldiers-patrol-the-fenced-area-gettyimages.jpg
470431532-an-indian-army-soldier-guards-the-line-of-gettyimages.jpg
470431528-an-indian-army-soldier-guards-the-the-line-gettyimages.jpg
470431504-an-indian-army-soldier-guards-the-the-line-gettyimages.jpg
470431502-indian-army-soldiers-patrol-the-fenced-area-gettyimages.jpg

INDIAN ARMY CT OPS
@Abingdonboy
These were the black plate carriers i was talking about in our discussion a year ago.They have a water bottle like camblebak attached to it.

These are Ghataks with MP 7..am i in a parallel universe?or has the Army started upgrading Ghataks?
There was news the IA had ordered this for the Ghataks some time back, the IA is actively trying to upgrade the Ghataks at an accelerated pace.

@Bornubus bro I can see

That's not kalantak that's amogh rifle ICG personnel use amoghs now their standard weapon.
AMOGH_-_Carbine.jpg

Bros but I can see all the pics @1ndy @Bornubus

i can see that pics too

I can't :(

@Abingdonboy

Govt ordered B&T MP 9 for Ghatak platoons few years back apart from some state police

Here an excerpt from old article

"Alongside, the purchase of 1536 Brugger & Thomet 9mm submachine guns (SMG) for select “Ghatak” infantry commando platoons and 1.3 million rounds of accompanying ammunition for an estimated $4.4 million initiated nearly three years ago also under FTP procedures, too awaits closure. The Swiss-made SMG was selected in 2011 followed by price negotiations and the inking of a contract, but the army is yet to take delivery of the weapons despite their supposed urgent operational requirement"

nYmJMbA.jpg

BBFE39_D76_F8_B4390_B0_DCA5_E64_F346_D.jpg

WP_000170_1.jpg

5969647470_81339d0875_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not sure about this pic probably Ghataks too

unnamed (2).jpg

Note: I have heard from my relative who was in kumaon regiment that Ghataks always use some kind of silence weapon even sterling smg in their fire team especially those who deployed at LOC,maybe for Raiding enemy posts

Last edited:
@Abingdonboy

Govt ordered B&T MP 9 for Ghatak platoons few years back apart from some state police

Here an excerpt from old article

"Alongside, the purchase of 1536 Brugger & Thomet 9mm submachine guns (SMG) for select “Ghatak” infantry commando platoons and 1.3 million rounds of accompanying ammunition for an estimated $4.4 million initiated nearly three years ago also under FTP procedures, too awaits closure. The Swiss-made SMG was selected in 2011 followed by price negotiations and the inking of a contract, but the army is yet to take delivery of the weapons despite their supposed urgent operational requirement"

View attachment 216799
View attachment 216800
View attachment 216816

View attachment 216802
View attachment 216815
Not sure about this pic probably Ghataks too

View attachment 216813

Note: I have heard from my relative who was in kumaon regiment that Ghataks always use some kind of silence weapon even sterling smg in their fire team especially those who deployed at LOC,maybe for Raiding enemy posts
Dude the first PIC and last pic are of para commandos and they are carrying mini Uzi.look at the vertical foregrip it is straight and it is in front of barrel where it ends and in B&T SMG the foregrip is not straight and fitted b4 the barrel ends.
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR BHAI AB MP7 KAHA SE AAYA. THATS CLEARLY A B&T 9MM SMG.THEY BOTH LOOK SIMILAR BUT LOOK IT IS LITTLE SMALLER THAN THE MP7.
Note-only first 4 or of them are carrying BT 9mm smg and other last 4 jawans are carrying sterling SMG.

Dude the first PIC and last pic are of para commandos and they are carrying mini Uzi.look at the vertical foregrip it is straight and it is in front of barrel where it ends and in B&T SMG the foregrip is not straight and fitted b4 the barrel ends.
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR BHAI AB MP7 KAHA SE AAYA. THATS CLEARLY A B&T 9MM SMG.THEY BOTH LOOK SIMILAR BUT LOOK IT IS LITTLE SMALLER THAN THE MP7.
Note-only first 4 or of them are carrying BT 9mm smg and other last 4 jawans are carrying sterling SMG.
I beg to differ my friend,why would PARA SF use a silence SMG in Kashmir when terrorism already crushed under Army's Boot and only 200 ~ wanabe Terrorists are active,Unless they have to conduct an over the border Raid or plant an AP Mine type ops, i think this is the mandate of Ghatak to do the tasks of Shock Troops and you can see in the pics all B&T 9mms have slightly different foregrip thus they must be Ghatak.

But then i may be wrong ,but it is clear that only Ghatak paltan use B&T in Army

Last edited:
I beg to differ my friend,why would PARA SF use a silence SMG in Kashmir when terrorism already crushed under Army's Boot and only 200 ~ wanabe Terrorists are active,Unless they have to conduct an over the border Raid or plant an AP Mine type ops, i think this is the mandate of Ghatak to do the tasks of Shock Troops and you can see in the pics all B&T 9mms have slightly different foregrip thus they must be Ghatak.

But then i may be wrong ,but it is clear that only Ghatak paltan use B&T in Army
That is a mini Uzi and regarding the use of silencer in the most recent video of Para they were using silencer on M4.

Ya my bad...whats the status of MP7 with NSG?

Back
Top Bottom