What's new

Indian Missile defence system is ready for induction, reveals DRDO chief

India is attempting to export its ideology of Hindu race and caste apartheid to the world.

However India will fail, just as its ballistic missile program has and just as its "anti missile" program will. That is because India suffers from race and caste apartheid.
its amazing that fools like u exist in this devoloped world who just look at negative side of everything.

No one knows if 43 million died. That's because there is no evidence of those deaths. 6 million Jews were killed in the holocaust and even today, there's bones, cremation ashes and remnants of gold teeth. If 43 million died, where are the bodies?

However, in India, that question is easily answered: in the Ganges.

It is fact that 1.6 million children die in India every year, even in these good times. In bad times, no one knows. The death rate in India in 1959 was the same as that in China; that is to say, India experienced Great Famine conditions every single year. The cumulative effect has been the deaths of 120 million Indians by the Delhi regime.

Poster reported for trolling.

India is neither stable nor a democracy. India is an unstable military regime ruled by a monarchy much like North Korea. Just like North Korea, the regime is inducting ICBMs and missile defense while its citizens go hungry. 1.6 million Indian children starve to death every year. The average lifespan of India is lower than some countries in Africa. This is the result of a military first regime.

This regime wants to become a superpower.

That is why it is an existential threat to the whole world.

Y so serious??? Did ma hindu grand pa hurt ur communist granny??

I don't have any spite against Indians. Does a millionaire have spite against someone who went from begging on the street, to a low wage job at a McDonalds? Of course not. We are happy for your achievements, but don't start thinking that driving a Hyundai means you can tell the millionaire that his Ferrari is crap.

That means that India was until recently much poorer than a pariah state.

Is it??? Btw what have u guys name the cheap illegal copy of ferrari ?? Cherari must be rhytmic.as u copied pulsor and called it gulsor..matter of fact is all chinese are slaves to the ccp,a non political common chinese can't even have flat on his name all they can do is to lease it from ccp so who are houseless beggars??

Indeed good news,but i have a few doubts..
1) has the shield been tested against new generation Agni 1 & 2,which are lot faster than older generations???
2) has the shield been tested against missiles carrying modern anti ballistic counter measures???
3) has it been tested against an array of different missiles flying together in different trajectories????
if the answer is no,how can we say this system is foolproof??? the only thing i have heard these years that they have been able to intercept a modified prithvi missile(prithvi missiles are liquid fulled,slow moving ones)...can we afford to spend billions of bucks on this system???

Whatever you think they have thought 10 years before and now also. Their are 1000 people involved with projects plan what to do what capabilities to put in, High level discussion , how much investment and weather to do or not. they are expert in these fields big scientist , Financial expert and defense analyst. Do you think you are smarted than that and they haven't thought all those think?

Indeed good news,but i have a few doubts..
1) has the shield been tested against new generation Agni 1 & 2,which are lot faster than older generations???
2) has the shield been tested against missiles carrying modern anti ballistic counter measures???
3) has it been tested against an array of different missiles flying together in different trajectories????
if the answer is no,how can we say this system is foolproof??? the only thing i have heard these years that they have been able to intercept a modified prithvi missile(prithvi missiles are liquid fulled,slow moving ones)...can we afford to spend billions of bucks on this system???

good question, yes few things are kept in mind while rest will be implemented in next phase.

@Roybot: I like ur post. I agree with u that ABM cover will stop/delay enemy to atack. in scond phase 3 more cities will get cover in 3rd phase 3 more.

Understand you won't gain any either. Same with Pakistan, only dialogue can work.. military action with mutual assured destruction will not allow land grabs.

@RazPak - FYI...there are many positive minded people than destructive….take a jadu ki zhappi and get welll soon... :-)

Whatever you think they have thought 10 years before and now also. Their are 1000 people involved with projects plan what to do what capabilities to put in, High level discussion , how much investment and weather to do or not. they are expert in these fields big scientist , Financial expert and defense analyst. Do you think you are smarted than that and they haven't thought all those think?
if its so,then i'm the happiest,but seeing DRDO's previous record of not keeping with deadlines,a huge technologically complex project has been completed before time( schedule 2013) it seems somewhat unbelievable to me

if its so,then i'm the happiest,but seeing DRDO's previous record of not keeping with deadlines,a huge technologically complex project has been completed before time( schedule 2013) it seems somewhat unbelievable to me

It's more of a media hype than anything.. all tests have been done, a few parametres will be checked this time...

delhi is going to get first BMD protection...right???my bro is going to get it soon,and i still have to wait few more years for my BMD protection.. :cry: :cry:

NEW DELHI: India has developed a missile defence shield which can be put in place at short notice to protect at least two cities, bringing the country on par with an elite group of few nations.

The shield, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation, has been tested successfully and an incoming ballistic missile with the range of up to 2,000 km can be destroyed. The system is to be upgraded to the range of 5,000 km by 2016.

"The ballistic missile defence shield is now mature... We are ready to put phase-I in place and it can be put in very short time," DRDO chief VK Saraswat told PTI in New Delhi in an interview.

He said the shield, as part of phase one of the programme, can be put in place at two places in the country, where the infrastructure is available.

However, the two places have not yet been identified and the selection will be made at the political level.

The DRDO used variants of Prithvi missiles as simulated targets and successfully intercepted missiles in test-firings.

"We have carried out six successful launches and demonstrated the capability for 2,000 km targets... We have demonstrated it in two layers that is endo-atmospheric (inside the Earth's atmosphere) and exo-atmospheric (outside the Earth's atmosphere)," Mr. Saraswat said.

He said all the elements such as long-range radars and tracking devices, real-time data-link and mission control system required for the missile system have been "realised" successfully.

Under the phase-II of the project, the premier defence research agency would upgrade the system to handle ballistic missiles with range of 5,000 km. This phase is expected to be ready by 2016.

The system required for phase-II of the project is being developed, he said, adding that for this purpose, ships are being built from where the target missiles would be launched.

The DRDO chief said the phase two of the project is expected to be completed by 2016.

Talking about the advancement of the system, Saraswat said the missile defence shield has been "automated" to an extent where human intervention would be required only if the mission has to be aborted.

The DRDO chief said the Indian missile defence system is comparable with the U.S. Patriot 3 system, which was successfully used during the 1990 Gulf War against Iraq.

As part of its efforts to protect itself from enemy missiles, India is developing this two-tier BMD which can intercept enemy missiles at altitudes of 80 km and 150 km.

The DRDO is thinking of intercepting the missiles at higher altitudes as it would give it more response time in case the first attempt is a miss and the second layer of the system can be put into action.

The system was first test-fired in November 2006 elevating India into the elite club of countries to have successfully developed an anti-ballistic missile system, after United States, Russia and Israel.
Missile defence shield ready: DRDO chief - The Times of India

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom