What's new

Indian muslim :Javed Akhtar's India & Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deoband was started in India. So was the concept of Pakistan! What's your point?

Dont everyone pick and choose what one thinks is good and right? There is no discrimination against Ahmadis in India like the one seen in Pakistan, even though the one's who have supposedly claimed Ahmadis as non-muslims, the Deoband is an Indian organistion.
What does this tell about Pakistan!

The concept of Pakistan was not started in Deoband.

Where have I claimed so!? :what:

Please read my statement again. This time, slowly! :tongue:

Lol, you got me. That was silly of me. But parts that are part of Pakistan today played an important part in the concept of Pakistan as well. Do you know where the Lahore Resolution in 1940 took place? Lahore. Do you know that the first man to envision Pakistan was Allama Iqbal, & he was from Sialkot, in Pakistan. In fact, Jinnah came much later into the picture with respect to 'following through on Pakistan'. Jinnah too btw was born in Karachi. The land which is Pakistan today played an integral part in the development of the 'concept of Pakistan'.

Jinnah was a Gujarati and was a second generation convert. His grandfather reported converted just to pique his family (I think it was because of family disputes).

Jinnah was a Gujarati and was a second generation convert. His grandfather reported converted just to pique his family (I think it was because of family disputes).

There are Gujarati people in Sindh as well. Just wanted to let you know that.

There are Gujarati people in Sindh as well. Just wanted to let you know that.

Jinnah was the first child born to Mithibai and Jinnahbhai Poonja. His father, Jinnahbhai (1857–1902), was a prosperous Gujarati merchant who hailed from the state of Gondal situated in the Kathiawar region province of Gujrat (present day India). He had moved to Karachi from Kathiawar, because of his business partnership with Grams Trading Company whose regional office was set up in Karachi, then a part of the Bombay presidency. He moved to Karachi some times before Jinnah's birth.[1][14][17] His grandfather, Poonja Gokuldas Meghji,[18] was a Hindu Bhatia Rajput from Paneli village in Gondal state in Kathiawar. Jinnah's ancestors were Hindu Rajputs; his grandfather had converted to Islam.[17] Jinnah's family belonged to the Ismaili Khoja branch of Shi'a Islam,[2] though Jinnah later converted to Twelver Khoja Shi'a Islam.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jinnah was the first child born to Mithibai and Jinnahbhai Poonja. His father, Jinnahbhai (1857–1902), was a prosperous Gujarati merchant who hailed from the state of Gondal situated in the Kathiawar region province of Gujrat (present day India). He had moved to Karachi from Kathiawar, because of his business partnership with Grams Trading Company whose regional office was set up in Karachi, then a part of the Bombay presidency. He moved to Karachi some times before Jinnah's birth.[1][14][17] His grandfather, Poonja Gokuldas Meghji,[18] was a Hindu Bhatia Rajput from Paneli village in Gondal state in Kathiawar. Jinnah's ancestors were Hindu Rajputs; his grandfather had converted to Islam.[17] Jinnah's family belonged to the Ismaili Khoja branch of Shi'a Islam,[2] though Jinnah later converted to Twelver Khoja Shi'a Islam.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never said Jinnah's ancestors were not from Indian Gujarat. And secondly, yes there were many Hindus that got converted into Muslims in the Indian subcontinent, so I don't know what your point is, as it doesn't have anything to do with the discussion here.

^^ It does have everything to do with the claims that you made a few posts back.

Even Iqbal was from the line of converted Kashmiri Pandits.

Although irrelevant and probably OT, Dr Allama Iqbal was first generation convert. Some authors however claim that their family had converted much earlier. One thing for sure is that they were Kashmiri Pandits before conversion.

Khuswant Singh once wrote in Telegraph India:

'There are different versions of Rattan Lal’s conversion. The one given to me by Syeda Hameed, who has translated some of Iqbal’s poetry into English, maintains that Rattan Lal was the revenue collector of the Afghan governor of Kashmir. He was caught embezzling money. The governor offered him a choice: he should either convert to Islam or be hanged. Rattan Lal chose to stay alive. When the Afghan governor fled from Kashmir to escape its takeover by the Sikhs, Rattan Lal migrated to Sialkot. Imam Bibi was evidently a Sialkoti Punjabi. Iqbal was born in Sialkot on November 9, 1877.'​

EDIT: Damn, you beat me to it.

I think we're going into areas that are not relevant to this thread. I can start talking about the history of the region & the Indus Valley Civilization, but that does not pertain to the topic of the thread here.

I would appreciate if all would call "Indians that Practice Islam" rather than "Indian Muslims".

Most Indian Muslims and muslims in the whole world love each other but we have some american and indian slaves such as fareed zakria and javed akhtar which are trying their best to divide Muslims but they will fail

I didn't listen this interview in its entirety but why should I? Should I care what an Indian wearing a garish kurta thinks about Pakistan just because he happens to be the follower of the same religion as the most of the Pakistanis? No, I shouldn't. But just a request, will you people stop flooding Karachi as if it was you dadajaan's personal property? The whole city has been ruined by the illegal immigrants from the neighbouring countries. No more place has been left in Karachi where you can build your jhoonpris on encroached land.

Most Indian Muslims and muslims in the whole world love each other but we have some american and indian slaves such as fareed zakria and javed akhtar which are trying their best to divide Muslims but they will fail

education helps... go to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom