What's new

Indian Muslims are patriots: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh

Well if that's the case then you should also write off the muslim chronicles of killings... Would you do that?

No, I would not because Jains had a literary tradition of chronicling their history while Hindus did not have. That is the difference. So while Hindus were not writing down stuff that happened to them in North India, the Jains and the Buddhists did note down their history rather meticulously.

Well if that's the case then you should also write off the muslim chronicles of killings... Would you do that?

I don't care about Abdalis or Ghoris but Tipu did not torment his own populace but the enemy populace, Ask the Kannadigas, they will answer you....

Wow why are you not posting the complete text? He also mentioned what I previously posted... Selective quoting haan

Nope he did not. The very paragraph I quoted makes it abundantly clear that who killed were warriors and not civilians. Even the quote Sameet produces earlier does not talk of women or children being killed.

So if you want to count that in, then you should also count hindu court chronicles.... As simple as that

And speaking of your second point, Well if that is what you say then show me the links to prove that as I can prove otherwise...

There was no Hindu court chronicles. As stated it is a legend and one that is mostly floated by the Marxist.

Rig vedas is the ancient religious scripture and from it we can see the similarities between religions. I am not trying to make Islam=Hinduism or Hinduism = Islam etc. Dharam Yudh is fought to uphold justice and Lord Krishna ask Arjuna to fight his own brethren which was no different with the struggle of early Muslims.

People of any nation, tribe or clan if adopts any other religion then it doesnt means that they are not part of that civilization. India is ancient civilization which has absorb other traditions which has made India more advance.

20th March 2015
Hindu men take a break near a giant effigy called "ogoh-ogoh" representing evil spirits that need to be cleansed during a parade on the evening of the Day of Silence that marks Balinese Hindu's New Year in Jakarta, Indonesia.

337435-daypics-220315-ra3.jpg

But its mentioned in ancient Indian scriptures about ancient Egyptian civilization, Isnt it ?

Indians will be Indians even if they adopt any religion or no religion. Pakistan came into being not because of Islam and even that time Indian Muslims have rejected the partition. And regarding insurgent and separatists groups then they are funded by outside powers.

So will you say that these people are not Indians ?

Family time:Former President APJ Abdul Kalam with family members at his house in Rameswaram on Friday.— Photo: L. BALACHANDAR
13feb_rmdwscns3_14_2310424f.jpg

No, here even i disagree.

Again the same thing, Civilization is made of nations, tribes and clans and native people of those lands can adopt any religion and be in thier ancestral lands.

Sculptor Sheik Rabbani and his team busy at work at Chaya Someshwara Swamy Temple, Panagal in Nalgonda district, Telangana, on Saturday. Photo: Singam Venkataramana
TOPICS
sculptor_2243260f.jpg
Bhai, these are exceptional people. Not the norm.

Battles are battles, blood is shed in both the cases... How can there be no comparisons...?

Prove that Tipu Sultan wasn't hostile to his own kingdom's people and majority of Kannadigas do not hate him which is what you are trying to imply....
No sir. Civilians and combatants are different, even as per Geneva conventions today. You can consult joe sir on this.

My personal interactions bro. But okay, will give you some docs. Need to search. On mobile now.

India is built by Muslims. Who else would be more patriot than Muslim? RSS? Ohh give me a break.

how is it known that sancha-dvipa refers to egypt ( and africa )??

Researchers have pointed out. Do you think there has been no research done on ancient Indian scriptuires ?

India is built by Muslims. Who else would be more patriot than Muslim? RSS? Ohh give me a break.

India is built by Indians and the contribution of any Indian cant be measured.

aww bahut masoom ho ap. Roti ko chochi boltay ho. Hehe

:rofl:

that is a good one. :tup:

Researchers have pointed out. Do you think there has been no research done on ancient Indian scriptuires ?

well, traditional hinduism though of foreign origin itself, is been the most isolationist of cultures... you may know of the story of motilal nehru ( father of jawarharlal nehru ), upon returning from barrister studies ( in england?? ) being forced by hindu priests to drink diluted cow-dung to do "shuddi" ( self-purification ) because he had dared to step into "evil foreign lands".

since hinduism is relatively new ( 900 bc or 1000 bc ) and so its scriptures, what may be seen in its scriptures will be derivations from actually older or ancient cultures... but there is only a remote possibility of early hinduism ever being interested in actually ancient civilizations.

What made you believe I am not upfront in expressing myself?

may you do so in other sections of forum, but i have never seen you projecting a anti-reactionary image, in this case writing against sangh and modi sarkaar, which any sensitive human should automatically do.

may i ask your opinion about the maoists and people like arundhati roy??

well, traditional hinduism though of foreign origin itself, is been the most isolationist of cultures... you may know of the story of motilal nehru ( father of jawarharlal nehru ), upon returning from barrister studies ( in england?? ) being forced by hindu priests to drink diluted cow-dung to do "shuddi" ( self-purification ) because he had dared to step into "evil foreign lands".

since hinduism is relatively new ( 900 bc or 1000 bc ) and so its scriptures, what may be seen in its scriptures will be derivations from actually older or ancient cultures... but there is only a remote possibility of early hinduism ever being interested in actually ancient civilizations.

hinduism is having Indian origins even when other nations claims to be the real source of traditional hinduism.

So this story of Motilal Nehru happened in 18th century. Shuddhikaran process was started by Arya Samaj which was basically to abolish the practise of untouchability.

:rofl:
may you do so in other sections of forum, but i have never seen you projecting a anti-reactionary image, in this case writing against sangh and modi sarkaar, which any sensitive human should automatically do.

may i ask your opinion about the maoists and people like arundhati roy??
I comment based on what I feel. How much I get involved depends on my time and mood and also the comments I receive from other members. In this thread no one dragged me into long conversation so it cooled off. Frankly speaking I have not understood what you expect from me in this and the context of Maoists and Arundhati Roy.

How much I get involved depends on my time and mood

i must make clear... so you are always have time and mood to post multiply in the "indian defense" section but don't have for political issues??

Frankly speaking I have not understood what you expect from me in this and the context of Maoists and Arundhati Roy.

the simplest understanding of it... your opinion.

i must make clear... so you are always have time and mood to post multiply in the "indian defense" section but don't have for political issues??

the simplest understanding of it... your opinion.
I can not stretch a monologue even if i have time. Conversations are never one sided. I try my best to reply to all the comments I receive. I never bother to see what section or thread I am into, I just scroll and get into something I find eye catching. In this section, i hardly got comments to go further. If no one disputes then no point trolling.

No sir. Civilians and combatants are different, even as per Geneva conventions today. You can consult joe sir on this.

My personal interactions bro. But okay, will give you some docs. Need to search. On mobile now.
Yes I agree civilians and combatants are different but in history of mankind irrespective of one's religious or cultural affiliation civilians have bore the brunt of enemy armed forces so India(both native and foreign) was no different...

Sure I will wait for those docs...

No, I would not because Jains had a literary tradition of chronicling their history while Hindus did not have. That is the difference. So while Hindus were not writing down stuff that happened to them in North India, the Jains and the Buddhists did note down their history rather meticulously.
Well mate, it is the hindus chronicles which has mentioned about massacre of 8000 jains by Hindu king. OK I go by your word which states that Jains and Buddhists have noted down their history quite meticulously, The below is what Buddhist texts had to say about the atrocities committed by Hindu kings on them...

According to the Ashokavadana, Pushyamitra Sunga went to the Kukkutarama monastery, slaughtered monks and the organization's residence; after which he proceeded to Shakala (Sialkot) where he issued an edict awarding a gold piece for every head of a Buddhist monk brought to him. These accounts state the destruction continued until he arrived at the Bodhi tree. According to other accounts, Pushyamitra Sunga proceeded to Shakala and offered 100 Dinaras for the head of every Buddhist monk.

A Sarvastivadin-Vaibhashika text of 2nd Century CE, Vibhasha, chronicles the legend of Pushyamitra Sunga destroying stupas, demolishing 500 monasteries at the Kashmir border and slaughtering monks.

According to the Tibetan Buddhist Historian, Taranatha, "the brahmana king, Pushyamitra, along with other tirthikasas, started war and thus burnt down numerous Buddhist monasteries from the madhyadesha to Jalandhara. They also killed a number of vastly learned monks. As a result, within five years, the doctrine was extinct in the north (Taranatha, 1970: 121)

"An incident oft cited is the destruction of the Bo Tree and Buddhist images by Saivite King, Shashanka, persecution by Pusyamitra Sunga (185 BC to 151 BC) who detested the Law of the Buddha had set fire to the Sutras, destroyed Stupas, razed Samgharamas and massacred Bhikkus and even killed the deity of the Bodhi tree. There is also mention of the Huna onslaught on Taxila (in Pakistan), the persecution of Buddhist monks by Mihirkula.

Incidentally, though Moghuls are accused of destroying Hindu temples, most of these temples were actually built on Buddhist shrine sites. Results of Moghul invasions were many too - Somapura Mahavihara (now in Bangladesh) was set ablaze. Odantapuri Mahavihara close to Nalanda was razed to the ground in 1199 CE after killing all the monks and Bodhgaya was attacked as well. Though there is evidence that even a century beyond the Muslim conquest Buddhism remained in places like Gaya till the end of the 14th century which disproves the notion that Muslim conquest was not singularly responsible for the decline of Buddhism in India."

Source: Why Buddhism prospered in Asia but died in India | Asian Tribune

So what's your say on the above mentioned events?

Nope he did not. The very paragraph I quoted makes it abundantly clear that who killed were warriors and not civilians. Even the quote Sameet produces earlier does not talk of women or children being killed.

Ok this is complete quote for you...

It is said that when Ashoka was walking through the grounds of Kalinga after his conquest, rejoicing his victory, he was moved by the horrific sight of thousands of bodies strewn across the landscape. The piercing wails of the kith and kin of the dead made a lasting impression on his mind. He cried out -

What have I done? Is this a victory or a defeat? Is this justice or injustice? Is it gallantry or a rout? Is it valor to kill innocent children and women? Do I do it to widen the empire and for prosperity or to destroy the other's kingdom and splendor? One has lost her husband, someone else a father, someone a child, someone an unborn infant. What's this debris of corpses? Are these marks of victory or defeat? Are these vultures, crows, eagles the messengers of death or evil?

Source: Emperor Ashoka The Great

There was no Hindu court chronicles. As stated it is a legend and one that is mostly floated by the Marxist.
Are you saying that Hindu courts never wrote....?

Well mate, it is the hindus chronicles which has mentioned about massacre of 8000 jains by Hindu king. OK I go by your word which states that Jains and Buddhists have noted down their history quite meticulously, The below is what Buddhist texts had to say about the atrocities committed by Hindu kings on them...

According to the Ashokavadana, Pushyamitra Sunga went to the Kukkutarama monastery, slaughtered monks and the organization's residence; after which he proceeded to Shakala (Sialkot) where he issued an edict awarding a gold piece for every head of a Buddhist monk brought to him. These accounts state the destruction continued until he arrived at the Bodhi tree. According to other accounts, Pushyamitra Sunga proceeded to Shakala and offered 100 Dinaras for the head of every Buddhist monk.

A Sarvastivadin-Vaibhashika text of 2nd Century CE, Vibhasha, chronicles the legend of Pushyamitra Sunga destroying stupas, demolishing 500 monasteries at the Kashmir border and slaughtering monks.

According to the Tibetan Buddhist Historian, Taranatha, "the brahmana king, Pushyamitra, along with other tirthikasas, started war and thus burnt down numerous Buddhist monasteries from the madhyadesha to Jalandhara. They also killed a number of vastly learned monks. As a result, within five years, the doctrine was extinct in the north (Taranatha, 1970: 121)

"An incident oft cited is the destruction of the Bo Tree and Buddhist images by Saivite King, Shashanka, persecution by Pusyamitra Sunga (185 BC to 151 BC) who detested the Law of the Buddha had set fire to the Sutras, destroyed Stupas, razed Samgharamas and massacred Bhikkus and even killed the deity of the Bodhi tree. There is also mention of the Huna onslaught on Taxila (in Pakistan), the persecution of Buddhist monks by Mihirkula.

Incidentally, though Moghuls are accused of destroying Hindu temples, most of these temples were actually built on Buddhist shrine sites. Results of Moghul invasions were many too - Somapura Mahavihara (now in Bangladesh) was set ablaze. Odantapuri Mahavihara close to Nalanda was razed to the ground in 1199 CE after killing all the monks and Bodhgaya was attacked as well. Though there is evidence that even a century beyond the Muslim conquest Buddhism remained in places like Gaya till the end of the 14th century which disproves the notion that Muslim conquest was not singularly responsible for the decline of Buddhism in India."

Source: Why Buddhism prospered in Asia but died in India | Asian Tribune

So what's your say on the above mentioned events?

Ok this is complete quote for you...

It is said that when Ashoka was walking through the grounds of Kalinga after his conquest, rejoicing his victory, he was moved by the horrific sight of thousands of bodies strewn across the landscape. The piercing wails of the kith and kin of the dead made a lasting impression on his mind. He cried out -

What have I done? Is this a victory or a defeat? Is this justice or injustice? Is it gallantry or a rout? Is it valor to kill innocent children and women? Do I do it to widen the empire and for prosperity or to destroy the other's kingdom and splendor? One has lost her husband, someone else a father, someone a child, someone an unborn infant. What's this debris of corpses? Are these marks of victory or defeat? Are these vultures, crows, eagles the messengers of death or evil?

Source: Emperor Ashoka The Great

Are you saying that Hindu courts never wrote....?
History teaches us that Pushyamitra was a bigot and an exception. You can confirm this with the existing historical narrative. Of course there remains some doubt on that, but the aberration is just that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom