What's new

Indian Muslims on the creation of Pakistan

Pakistan thinks that there is rationale and we think its an absurd demand. This is why dispute. In my view India should just stop entertaining Pakistan totally. Let them talk anything, but Kashmir.

RK

Its also my view pakistan should discuss nothing with india....only kashmir

If Muslims in India find them less representative its no government fault alone when people breed like rabbit and have more kids than they can feed its bound to happen as parents cann't send them to better school and colleges result is children lags behind ,its not the case of Muslims only but Biharis also where they just think the more kids they will have the more they earn for them. India is not developed countary only few states like Punjab and Haryana provide senior pension scheme and Muslims are more densely populated in UP and bihar where standered of living in some area is worse than African countries,the town in Punjab malerkotla u need to visit there u will find Muslims there at different level having highest standered and living life to full and u will never hear complain off racial aperthied or anything.

birthrate is very high among Muslims in India because of that level education is low. I am surprised to see even, educated Muslims have high birth rate. A massive campaign has be launched in India for awareness with economic incentives to decrease birth rate in rural areas in common masses.
A big problem among Muslims is absence of strong middle class in India. those who are rich, are extremely rich and poor are extremely poor.

Indian muslims cant say anything about India because they will be bur just common sense

There is a myth that all Indian Muslims wanted Pakistan. Facts are otherwise. No wonder there are almost equal number of Muslims who decided to live back in India. Here is letter from Indian Muslims to UN;

I am a Mohajir in the purest sense of the word: my mother was born in Ranchi (present day Jharkhand), my father in Patna; my maternal and paternal side were both from Bihar. My grandparents (maternal and paternal) both left along with my parents (who were very young) in 1947, along with some relatives from both sides. There was a lot of family left behind too, namely the siblings of my maternal grandparents as well as most of my maternal side. My maternal grandmother told me recently that she couldn't talk to her sister on the phone after 1947, and she couldn't be in touch with her for a few years. It's my understanding that most Muslims DID want to come, but many belonged to the impoverished states UP and Bihar. Getting to Pakistan was a huge distance, and they couldn't afford it, plus there was also this danger of getting killed on the way via land. My grandparents and my parents took a train for Bombay (because Maharashtra had no direct border with any part of Pakistan, so it was relatively peaceful), and then went to Karachi by ship. They could afford it, other poor people from Bihar (which includes many of my relatives) couldn't. So the Muslims left behind didn't stay because of their choice, they stayed because they couldn't afford to go.

Indian Muslims have always been suffering an inferiority complex against Pakistan after 1947. They have had to endure some very tough times after 1947, where they had to prove they were loyal to India and had nothing to do with Pakistan. They felt that the creation of Pakistan would cause them a lot of harm, and they were very apprehensive about how they would be treated in Hindu majority India. If anyone with links to Pakistan right after 1947 was found, they would be in trouble. And in about 50 of the 60 years of the independence of both countries, Pakistan has performed better economically than India, which is another reason for their inferiority complexes. It's only till recently (after 2000) that India has done better than Pakistan, and look at the "happiness" of these Indian Muslims.

Last edited:
There is a myth that all Indian Muslims wanted Pakistan. Facts are otherwise. No wonder there are almost equal number of Muslims who decided to live back in India. Here is letter from Indian Muslims to UN;

I am a Mohajir in the purest sense of the word: my mother was born in Ranchi (present day Jharkhand), my father in Patna; my maternal and paternal side were both from Bihar. My grandparents (maternal and paternal) both left along with my parents (who were very young) in 1947, along with some relatives from both sides. There was a lot of family left behind too, namely the siblings of my maternal grandparents as well as most of my maternal side. My maternal grandmother told me recently that she couldn't talk to her sister on the phone after 1947, and she couldn't be in touch with her for a few years. It's my understanding that most Muslims DID want to come, but many belonged to the impoverished states UP and Bihar. Getting to Pakistan was a huge distance, and they couldn't afford it, plus there was also this danger of getting killed on the way via land. My grandparents and my parents took a train for Bombay (because Bombay had no direct border with any part of Pakistan, so it was relatively peaceful), and then went to Karachi by ship. They could afford it, other poor people from Bihar (which includes many of my relatives) couldn't. So the Muslims left behind didn't stay because of their choice, they stayed because they couldn't afford to go.

Indian Muslims have always been suffering an inferiority complex against Pakistan after 1947. They have had to endure some very tough times after 1947, where they had to prove they were loyal to India and had nothing to do with Pakistan. They felt that the creation of Pakistan would cause them a lot of harm, and they were very apprehensive about how they would be treated in Hindu majority India. If anyone with links to Pakistan right after 1947 was found, they would be in trouble. And in about 50 of the 60 years of the independence of both countries, Pakistan has performed better economically than India, which is another reason for their inferiority complexes. It's only till recently (after 2000) that India has done better than Pakistan, and look at the "happiness" of these Indian Muslims.

Just an honest question. What Pakistan has done for Indian Muslims till date except for creating more trouble for them? Just look what Israel has done for the Jews and compare that with Pakistan.

I am a Mohajir in the purest sense of the word: my mother was born in Ranchi (present day Jharkhand), my father in Patna; my maternal and paternal side were both from Bihar. My grandparents (maternal and paternal) both left along with my parents (who were very young) in 1947, along with some relatives from both sides. There was a lot of family left behind too, namely the siblings of my maternal grandparents as well as most of my maternal side. My maternal grandmother told me recently that she couldn't talk to her sister on the phone after 1947, and she couldn't be in touch with her for a few years. It's my understanding that most Muslims DID want to come, but many belonged to the impoverished states UP and Bihar. Getting to Pakistan was a huge distance, and they couldn't afford it, plus there was also this danger of getting killed on the way via land. My grandparents and my parents took a train for Bombay (because Bombay had no direct border with any part of Pakistan, so it was relatively peaceful), and then went to Karachi by ship. They could afford it, other poor people from Bihar (which includes many of my relatives) couldn't. So the Muslims left behind didn't stay because of their choice, they stayed because they couldn't afford to go.

Well if reaching W Pak was difficult, E PAK was virtually next door . Those migrating to / from E Pak did not face pogroms as those in the West did.

Well if reaching W Pak was difficult, E PAK was virtually next door . Those migrating to / from E Pak did not face pogroms as those in the West did.

The language of the East Pakistanis (Bengali) was completely different from Biharis. My grandparents speak Bhojpuri, the dialect of Bihari in Western Bihar. Urdu is much closer to Bhojpuri than Bengali is, Bengali has almost no connection with Bihari or Urdu. Which is why many Biharis tried to go to West Pakistan. And as you know, a lot of Biharis did go to East Pakistan as well, and when 1971 happened; were caught in no man's land and were essentially nationless.

Btw, my paternal grandfather did work in the railways that operated from Dhaka to Lahore for a few years. My father did some of his schooling between the end 1950's till the early 1960's, and he did pick up Bengali in school, but my grandparents never did. It's easier for kids to pick up a language in school, but not adults.

Last edited:
The language of the East Pakistanis (Bengali) was completely different from Biharis. My grandparents speak Bhojpuri, the dialect of Bihari in Western Bihar. Urdu is much closer to Bhojpuri than Bengali is, Bengali has almost no connection with Bihari or Urdu. Which is why many Biharis tried to go to West Pakistan. And as you know, a lot of Biharis did go to East Pakistan as well, and when 1971 happened; were caught in no man's land and were essentially nationless.

The bold part is factually wrong. Although it sounds similar to Hindi, Bhojpuri, Maithili and other Bihari languages are more similar to Eastern Indo-European languages than Hindi/Urdu. But Biharis mostly speak Hindi/Urdu fluently. Urdu wasn't a tongue of West Pakistanis as well, not atleast at the time of partition.

Your story was interesting, but your assumptions are wrong

It did not happen in 1947 my friend. Hold referndum in Pakistan today, many Mohajirs will opt to come back. ..

RK

lol What stupid thought some G*Ys have, I am a Muhajir(my grand parents were from Uttar Pradesh) I wish to die for Pakistan & i will choose death rather than moving to India lol. Muhajirs are loyal to Pakistan, Pakistan is our life.

Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdHpU-N6co

Watch the love of this old Muhajir towards Pakistan.

Understand that these men are traitors and that these men are serving the interest of there masters, not the mainstream Muslims in India.

For you guys, who ever stayed back in India is a traitor. Dr. Abdul Kalam during his presidency was India's first citizen. He dosn't have any masters to serve. His vision is to make India a significant power by 2020.

He dosn't authorize drone bombing in his own country at the behest of a foreign power. And that is serving the interest of there masters.

Muslims in India have great sympathy with and for Pakistan

Yeah, they have great sympathy and pity for pakistan, because the Taliban is bombing girl's school, market places, mosques and growing sectarianism in karachi.

Many leader's or representatives claim to speak on the behalf of their constituents or people, however I must say the men you listed at the bottom of your post are not speaking for the mainstream Muslims of India.

They do speak on behalf of their constituents. Recently in kerala, a Christian professors hands were chopped off for writing derogoratory remarks about Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). And the person who did this is a muslim leader. Though chopping off hands is a bit too much to my liking. He could have sought justice through honorable courts.

Some of them are taking lead roles, like the Jama masjit trust refused to bury the 9 terrorist in Bada Kabrastan graveyard. Because those 9 terrorist did 'fasad' the koranic term for killing innocents. Those innocents include 33 muslims the rest are hindus, christians, jew, etc.

If doubt lingers or resides in your mind still please look at the rooftop of the houses owned by Muslims in Kashmir and throughout India you may see this waving in the Air....:pakistan

Can you confidently say the same flag flies in balochistan too. Because we already saw a different flag flying in former east pakistan.

The bold part is factually wrong. Although it sounds similar to Hindi, Bhojpuri, Maithili and other Bihari languages are more similar to Eastern Indo-European languages than Hindi/Urdu. But Biharis mostly speak Hindi/Urdu fluently. Urdu wasn't a tongue of West Pakistanis as well, not atleast at the time of partition.

I don't know how you can say Bhojpuri is similar to Bengali. Even though I can't speak Bhojpuri fluently (I can do a decent amount), I can understand Bhojpuri 100% listening to my grandparents speak, and my parents sometimes. I cannot make out one word of Bengali. I'm a full-blooded Bihari. Are you Bihari? How did you come to this conclusion? Care to share some examples as to how Bhojpuri is closer to Bengali than it is to Urdu? I'm not attacking you, I'm genuinely interested.

And there were plenty of Muhajirs from UP (especially from the thriving city of Lucknow) that could afford to go to West Pakistan, & they did go to West Pakistan. I have a lot of my extended family (not direct) in UP as well, and my family in Bihar was constantly in touch with our extended families in UP. They were all in touch with each other. When 1947 happened, A LOT of Muhajirs from Lucknow left for Karachi, and even though Urdu wasn't a language of Karachi then, because of the huge influx of Muhajirs, it became prominent very soon. Jinnah was a Gujarati himself, he was not Sindhi, but he settled in Karachi, and a lot of his devout followers/well-off Muhajirs left for Karachi, following him where ever he went. A lot of people from the Indian state of Gujarat (Jinnah's home state) followed Jinnah to Pakistan in 1947, these Gujarati speaking Muhajirs in Karachi today are known as Memons, and they form a sizable Gujarati speaking community in Karachi.

Last edited:
Muslims comprise only 5% of employees in India's big government, a recent study found. The figure for Indian Railways, the country's biggest employer, is only 4.5%.
The community continues to have a paltry representation in the bureaucracy and police - 3% in the powerful Indian Civil Service, 1.8% in foreign service and only 4% in the Indian Police Service. And Muslims account for only 7.8% of the people working in the judiciary.
Indian Muslims are also largely illiterate and poor.
At just under 60%, the community's literacy rate is lower than the national average of 65%. Only half of Muslim women can read and write. As many as a quarter of Muslim children in the age-group 6-14 have either never attended school or dropped out.
They are also poor - 31% of Muslims are below the country's poverty line, just a notch above the lowest castes and tribes who remain the poorest of the poor.
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Why do Indian Muslims lag behind?

MOD EDIT: Inappropriate images.

Could you provide a similar statistics of Hindu pakistanis.

the kashmiri muslims wanted to join pakistan and still do
as they have been under hindu rule and very much objected it
and the pakistani government supports them in their struggle against indian rule

Muslim Balochistan too wanted independence, they have suffered a great deal under pakistani rule.. Our government should support them in their struggle against pakistani rule.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom