What's new

Indian Navy creating a new base for nuke submarine

Suman Sharma :lol: Look at the pic of 'Arihant'!!! This is 40 years old INS Kursura, used as a museum in the beach of Vizag. lol

Clear stupidity on the newspapers and the gov't to even say they are working on such a project...and then they say it is 200 km near the port.....Any gov't analyst with access to tech like satellites will be able to pinpoint such construction and then it becomes a target. Damn have Indians don;t have a clue.....learn from the Chinese...they don;t announce anything.....they just surprise you

it would be foolish of you to beleive our newspapers regarding this base...
if mod say its 10km near gujurat they will beleive

india is not allowed to own nuke submarine.
we should provide more weapons/technologies, including nuke based ones, to Pak to counter such provocation from the regime in new delhi.

IMAGE_8-500x400.jpg

F.O

The navy has plans to build five more such nuclear-powered submarines at SBC.
I think we will be able to build all 5 by 2020. What you guys think??/ Also share any progress...i heard hull for 2nd and 3rd subs are already build.

ndia is not allowed to own nuke submarine.
And this rule was set by you ?/ :)
not to mention you are a couple of years late to register your objections because arihant was launched in 2009 and will be inducted by 2012.

we should provide more weapons/technologies, including nuke based ones, to Pak to counter such provocation from the regime in new delhi.
You know, funny thing is Arihant is SSBN, which even China is facing trouble in developing.

i think we should approach UK and France also for our future SSBN and SSN design. We can get design of UK's HMS Astute. We should also try US for their Virginia class subs, although its too big but still if IN feels like they need it, whats wrong in initiating a talk.
You know guys, there was a rumor when Defense minister was on a visit to US, that US might have a submarine gift for India in its kitty. I don't know whether it was rumors or not. Its possible that some project might be going on behind the curtain.

My wishlist:

Three nuke subs under construction .. we need atleast 8 Nuke subs ..3 in the eastern sector 5 in western sector (build 5 more arihant class subs)

6 Kolkatta class destroyers

10 shivalik class frigs's

Heavy Missile missile cruiser (carrying atleast 25 units with 8 launchers ).. atleast 3.. 2 for eastern sector 1 for western sector (K15/agni 3)

IAC - 3 ... additionally we must aim for atleast 2 Nuclear powered super carrier of Nimitz class (total 6 A/C Carriers)

-VM

Looks like you're smoking some good stuff.... :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

lets come on the topic as we know only china deserves everything :what:.

it would be foolish of you to beleive our newspapers regarding this base...
if mod say its 10km near gujurat they will beleive

I am pretty sure it is where the newspaper states. It doesn't matter if foreign agencies know already, we should not make it any easier. You'll be surprised how much info is gleaned from open source!

guys i have a doubt...

we had leased Nuclear submarine from Russia...
But Russia can't put any of it ICBM on it right?
And can't we put our BM or not...???
and how does this nuclear sub leasing works.....

guys i have a doubt...

we had leased Nuclear submarine from Russia...
But Russia can't put any of it ICBM on it right?
And can't we put our BM or not...???
and how does this nuclear sub leasing works.....
The Submarines we are leasing from Russia ( AKULA ) are not equipped to carry Ballistic Missiles . They are hunter submarines ..

The Submarines we are leasing from Russia ( AKULA ) are not equipped to carry Ballistic Missiles . They are hunter submarines ..

So Akula is a hunter nuke sub,which carries conventional torpedoes ....right??

ANd guys can u tell,will any country will lease SSBN which can launch nuclear missile.....??

Oh the irony, his name says "Peaceful"
:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom