What's new

Indian Navy's THE KILLERS (Missile Vessel Squadron)

FOR THOSE WHO NEVER SAW THIS DOCUMENTARY

OPERATION TRIDENT

hqdefault.jpg

In next war Killers will be renamed as Destroyers of Enemy :cheers: Amazing Documentary Best of all 1971

Loved the video. :tup:

The biggest blunder from the Pakistani side was when PNS Khaibar mistook INS nighat to be an aircraft and engaged it with bofors anti-aircraft guns. They were clearly confused as to what had hit them.
PNS muhafis's fate was sealed by INS nipat, they did not even get the time to send an SOS.
I was amazed at engineriety of the engineers on INS NIPAT who came up with the idea of taking out fuel from pumps to run the engines, when their fuel hoist pipes had failed. They deserved the hero's welcome given to 'em.

Op.trident and Python were commando style attacks on karachi port.
The enemy did not even get the chance to retaliate.
Quite a war it was...1971!!!

@Abingdonboy i think you should be making such videos of naval/Air Force ops(or have you already made one?).

@nair @SpArK @Spectre @Star Wars dont miss this video.

You're underestimating yourself. :)
I have seen your videos and I can bet that that you can come up with equally good videos(sans the voice).
You're too kind :D

I will certainly explore the idea @levina, I currently have a backlog of video ideas though that I haven't got around to actually creating just yet.

now these were using P15 Termits, Imagine what newer missiles can do.

The most daring part of the operation was to reach karachi port without any air cover

communication in russian was epic....

still cant believe this small missile boats were capable for inflicting such high amount of damage...

just imagine what newer destroyer, frigates of indian navy can do

now these were using P15 Termits, Imagine what newer missiles can do.

Have to point out something bro, P15s were the cutting edge of its day, and we are having the cutting edge of our day.

Have to point out something bro, P15s were the cutting edge of its day, and we are having the cutting edge of our day.
Had an opportunity to speak to one of the naval engineer back in the day, and the impression I got from him was that Styx used in the ops, were literally had to be babied throughout the way. These are actually very finicky missile, reading a bit more about these guys, looks like they can be only be operated within certain ambient temps due to the acidic fuel.

Now with the massive Brahmos, and versatile Klub N and Nirbhay, Indian naval offensive payload, is incredible, not to mention IN sticking a freakin BM on a boat..

Back
Top Bottom