What's new

Indian painter given Qatar nationality

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Jana

that was very informative

Hun gal karo

i hate people insult religun for god sake please please respect the religun of any one.we are s.asians pure religus humens on planet.whats going on this thread is shamefull for us.

i hate people insult religun for god sake please please respect the religun of any one.we are s.asians pure religus humens on planet.whats going on this thread is shamefull for us.

Sorry if anybody is offended. Some parts of my responses were directed only at the posters I was replying to.

Last edited:
the paintings at the outside of the temple depicts lust and the sins of mankind including busts of murder, carnal sex, theft etc. it inscribes that which is forbidden and implores that you leave that outside before you enter the mandhil. Krsna's removing of the clothes of the ladies is a an act which was symbolic. remove all your material wants including symbolically your clothes and your skin and bow before the Lord with your soul and then shall your prayers be answered. there is much more to hindu depictions than we see. the nude paintings by the artist was offensive to hindus. he should just have apologised and gotten over with it

That is plain wrong. Show me anywhere in the Vedas or Hindu texts which say that murals carved on temple walls means that you leave such 'thoughts' outside?

Krishna's stealing of ladies clothes was symbolic? Where did you get that from? In a RSS shaka? How ridiculous! Krishna was and is considered a supreme lover. He was naughty and he did steal bathing ladies clothes to tease them!! Removal of clothes and "skin" before praying? Geez, you are a follower of Hindusim and dont even understand the concept of this religion? Pity.

Its such a pity that followers of Hinduism don't understand the concepts or basic tenets of Hinduism. Such people are no better than those rabid terrorist morons who twist the revered pillars of Islam to suit their own nefarious ideologies.

Nudity is not the problem, please see the pictures posted by toxic plus - paintings by mf hussain - and then comment. Nude is one thing, sexually suggestive depiction of hindu mythology characters (like nude sita riding hanuman's tail, nude lakshmi sitting on ganesha's elephant head) is another.

And those famous figures from khajuraho, they are an exception. Nobody creates such temples anymore. besides, they do not depict our deities.

Wrong!!

Apparently many people here dont understand Hinduism and its core concepts. Its such a pity that among this group are many who follow this religion. I am not an expert on this subject, but I have talked to many learned priests and scholars and have a somewhat clearer view on the subject.

Nudity is celebrated in Hinduism as in other so called "pagan" religions. This religion is all about harmony of body and soul and peace with ones surrounding environment. For peace of body and soul, you have to have a healthy body with a healthy mind and sex forms a big part of that process. Why do you think astrologers match kundali's before marriage? Among many other things, they also try to predict if the couple will have sexual chemistry - very important for a harmonious marriage. Nude images of females carved on temple walls or in paintings is another aspect of worshiping and revering the female of the species as a life giver and care taker.

Why do you think childless couples, especially the females worship the Lingum? Ask any learned scholar, he will tell you what that signifies.

You people have it all wrong. Its so unfortunate that many Hindus are ignorant of Hinduism's core concepts, they are no better than those maulvis and talitubbies who give forth a twisted interpretation of Islam to justify their atrocious behaviors.

MF Hussein's painting were not sexually suggestive. If you find them as such, then your interpretation is wrong based on your wrong or limited knowledge of Hinduism's concepts and ideals.

People become spokespersons of a faith without understanding their faith thoroughly!

That is plain wrong. Show me anywhere in the Vedas or Hindu texts which say that murals carved on temple walls means that you leave such 'thoughts' outside?
The vast majority of the temples have no sensual imagery at all, and in the exception that we know of, the murals are only outside, not inside. If the intention had been to encourage sensual thoughts, the murals would have been inside!!

Krishna's stealing of ladies clothes was symbolic?
Why not? There is a lot of symbolism in Indian epics, many things things are not to be taken literally.

Where did you get that from? In a RSS shaka? How ridiculous!
Jeez, spare us.

Krishna was and is considered a supreme lover. He was naughty and he did steal bathing ladies clothes to tease them!!

Supreme lover yes, but not in the way you are imagining.

Removal of clothes and "skin" before praying? Geez, you are a follower of Hindusim and dont even understand the concept of this religion? Pity. ... Its such a pity that followers of Hinduism don't understand the concepts or basic tenets of Hinduism.
Perhaps you should consider the possibility that it is your understanding that may be deficient?

Such people are no better than those rabid terrorist morons who twist the revered pillars of Islam to suit their own nefarious ideologies.

My dear fellow ... Person A does not agree with your (perhaps erroneous) ideas ... whereas person B wants to blow your legs off. How can you equate the two?

Last edited:
Nudity is celebrated in Hinduism as in other so called "pagan" religions.
Nudity is not "celebrated" in Sanatan Dharma!! In fact, in Sanatan Dharma, you want to transcend the physical body. You do need to take care of your body, so that you can concentrate on attaining Self-realization. But "celebrating" the physical body would be Avidya, ignorance. You should not focus on that which is perishable!

Sanatan Dharma is quite different from Greek paganism!

For peace of body and soul, you have to have a healthy body with a healthy mind and sex forms a big part of that process.
A healthy body and mind is definitely good ... and sex is not wrong ... but Sanatan Dharma is not obsessed with sex. In fact, many of the greatest philosophers and saints have been celibate Swamis.

Why do you think childless couples, especially the females worship the Lingum? Ask any learned scholar, he will tell you what that signifies.
The "learned scholars" you relied on were not very learned. I have given the significance a few posts back.

You people have it all wrong. Its so unfortunate that many Hindus are ignorant of Hinduism's core concepts, they are no better than those maulvis and talitubbies who give forth a twisted interpretation of Islam to justify their atrocious behaviors.
People become spokespersons of a faith without understanding their faith thoroughly!

tch, tch ... there you go again.

Last edited:
I want to make something clear. M F Hussain is not under exile. He is under self imposed exile, which means that he is living abroad as per his choice. He just doesn't want to come back because there would be thousands of court cases pending against him. Obscenity , hurting religious sentiments etc. No one can stop him from coming back if he is ready to face the ****. But ,of course ,you can't expect a 95 year old person to have enough strength to face all this.

There's no doubt that he's done wrong. Well , when an anonymous dumb danish guy draws cartoons of Prophet Muhammad, the whole world goes up in flame. Here, he's drawing pictures of nude gods , what can one expect? Moreover , if he indeed wanted to come back , all he needs to do is to say a simple sorry to all shivsena and RSS guys. That would suffice. If he was truly patriotic , he would have done that. A sorry doesn't lower anyone's status. I thought he would understand that. :(

Nudity is celebrated in Hinduism as in other so called "pagan" religions.

What is their in nudity to be celebrated? But anyways fateh71 said the same thing - nudity is not always derogatory, sexual approach could be. Also, do you think you would like to see any of your family elders naked? It is exactly the same feeling that is generated when you paint the revered figures nude.

If the intention had been to encourage sensual thoughts, the murals would have been inside!!
So morality lies at the threshold of a temple?
Why not? There is a lot of symbolism in Indian epics, many things things are not to be taken literally.
Symbolism? C'mon now, twisting religious concepts to suit your own prudish pov? Now where do we hear that daily?
Supreme lover yes, but not in the way you are imagining.
Oh, so what does supreme lover mean? And what about his numerous wives or the description of him being very handsome or those odes to him about his attractiveness? Now what does that symbolically mean?
Speaking of symbolically interpreting, Lord Krishna playing his flute can be interpreted in many ways given his reputation of being a ladies man. What do you have to say for that?
Perhaps you should consider the possibility that it is your understanding that may be deficient?
Of course, my understanding is limited, I never claimed to be a scholar, but a prudish interpretation of Hinduism's concepts are contrary to the very idea of being a Hindu.
Hinduism worships nature and all that forms part of it. Sex is a means of procreation and hence an important part of nature and teh concept behind Hinduism.
My dear fellow ... Person A does not agree with your (perhaps half-baked) ideas ... whereas person B wants to blow your legs off. How can you equate them?

See there you go again. I equate those people because both these groups twist the core concepts and ideals of both their faiths to justify their perverted outlook. Period. Now tell me how is that different? Please do explain.

As to my ideas being half-baked, maybe, but then from what I know and understand, being prudish is not a part of Hinduism (it not like pseudo-morality being peddled in those EEEEEktaaa serials where pre-and extramarital affairs are alright and happen because of 'accidents' but the fall of a pallu instantly brands a woman as a loose character!).

For clarification, by nudity I meant the human body in its entirety. Apologies for not being clear.

Thanks.

So morality lies at the threshold of a temple?

Symbolism? C'mon now, twisting religious concepts to suit your own prudish pov? Now where do we hear that daily?
You did not answer the questions .... if the intention at Khajurao had been to promote sensual thoughts, then why are not those images on the inside. Also, why don't we see those images in many more temples.

Oh, so what does supreme lover mean? And what about his numerous wives or the description of him being very handsome or those odes to him about his attractiveness? Now what does that symbolically mean?

Speaking of symbolically interpreting, Lord Krishna playing his flute can be interpreted in many ways given his reputation of being a ladies man. What do you have to say for that?
Supreme lover means something other than having sex ... it is unconditional, unselfish, complete love ... not for sensual gratification.

By the way, Krishna had just two wives. ... The Gopis were his devotees.

Of course, my understanding is limited, I never claimed to be a scholar, but a prudish interpretation of Hinduism's concepts are contrary to the very idea of being a Hindu.
You are pushing for a hyper-sexualized interpretation, which is not the correct way of understanding Sanatan Dharma.

Hinduism worships nature and all that forms part of it. Sex is a means of procreation and hence an important part of nature and teh concept behind Hinduism.
Sex is not wrong .. it is an essential part of Maya (delusion) ... but Sanatan Dharma is not obsessed with it, as I said.

See there you go again. I equate those people because both these groups twist the core concepts and ideals of both their faiths to justify their perverted outlook. Period. Now tell me how is that different? Please do explain.
The difference is that one wants to blow your legs off, whereas the only "fault" of the other is happening to have views different from your own.

As to my ideas being half-baked, maybe, but then from what I know and understand, being prudish is not a part of Hinduism (it not like pseudo-morality being peddled in those EEEEEktaaa serials where pre-and extramarital affairs are alright and happen because of 'accidents' but the fall of a pallu instantly brands a woman as a loose character!).

Being hyper-sexualized is not part of Sanatan Dharma either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom