What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Trouble for BJP in Delhi

New Delhi, March 11:
For a party that is hoping to form the next government, the BJP is ironically mired in different conflicts that threaten to stem its tide in the Capital city.
Polling for Delhi is scheduled in less than a month from now on April 10. But the party has not been able to announce any candidates so far. Worse still, even for the Central Election Committee (CEC) meeting on March 13, there is no consensus yet on candidates for any of the seven seats in the Capital.

The BJP’s indecision is driven by two main factors. One is that the BJP is stuck in a time-warp and its present leadership is a throwback to the era when Delhi was principally a Punjabi and Bania-dominated city.

The city’s demographics have changed with migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. And after the demise of Sahib Singh Verma, the party has not yet been able to produce a strong Jat or Gujjar leader.

To make matters worse, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has brought in a fresh momentum and faces while the BJP is left struggling with the old guard. The party lost all seven seats in 2009 and fears that even Modi’s popularity may not be able to translate into votes if it does not project fresh faces.

For the purpose, the BJP is considering popular singer and actor from Bihar, Manoj Tiwari, for the East Delhi constituency which they lost to Shiela Dikshit’s son Sandeep Dikshit last time. Despite the dip in Congress’s popularity, Sandeep Dikshit is not a pushover and AAP has made the contest even more interesting by fielding Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson and Rajmohan Gandhi from this seat.

Dalit leader Udit Raj is being considered for the reserved constituency of West Delhi. Other aspirants for this seat are former Mayor Anita Arya and local leader Yogender Chandolia. For the high-profile New Delhi constituency where AAP has fielded journalist Ashish Khaitan and the Congress primaries have thrown up the candidature of sitting MP Ajay Maken, the BJP is still struggling to find a credible candidate.

Trouble for BJP in Delhi | Business Line
images

7539_742980305723058_599207281_n.jpg

Hardeep puri from west delhi , swamy from New Delhi , MJ Akbar from North East , Vijendra Gupta from Chandini chowk ,mahesh giri from East8-)

except swami and puri i dont any of dem winning vijendra old face but from chandni chowk i m doubtfull ashutosh will be der and lot of muslim population, seriously delhi bjp will be doomed if it failed to win atlest 3 out of 7. what the hell the old guad was donig though last five tears god knows.

i never seen mj akbar joining bjp , don no much about delhi bjp correct me if i m wrong....

except swami and puri i dont any of dem winning vijendra old face but from chandni chowk i m doubtfull ashutosh will be der and lot of muslim population, seriously delhi bjp will be doomed if it failed to win atlest 3 out of 7. what the hell the old guad was donig though last five tears god knows.

i never seen mj akbar joining bjp , don no much about delhi bjp correct me if i m wrong....

i don't know either,lets wait for tomorrow and next 'khep' of surveys :|

We Indians have the greatest philosophers of mankind

Buddha
Creator of Upanishads
Drashtaas
Sikh guru
Tamil saints
Krishna vasudev of gokul
Jenas
Medieval fakeers like bulle shah
vivekanada
Rishi Ambedkar

religion is just bullshit get over it and taste nature.
@Prometheus @Parul @NKVD
Bro Im An Atheist My Self

Firstpost ‏@firstpostin
Senior Congress leaders including P Chidambaram, Manish Tewari reluctant to contest LS polls: CNN-IBN

CNN-IBN NewsVerified account ‏@ibnlive
Rahul reportedly asked senior leaders at Congress CEC meet to contest elections, many refused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaurav ‏@bwoyblunder 2h
Calm down AAP guys. They are Metal Detectors. Not Mental Detectors. Kejriwal wont be exposed.

Ex-DGP, former Naxalite in fight for BJP ticket

BJP state spokesperson Pradeep Sinha said the state unit had put forth both the names before the party's central election committee. "It's up to the central committee to take a call on the issue," said Sinha.

Ex-DGP, former Naxalite in fight for BJP ticket - The Times of India

Shame on BJP for having Moist and Naxlite in the party :tdown:

False news ,Biatha joined Trinamool Congress not BJP ,Shame on paid media and multiple id troll for propagating such false news

earlier he was Congress ally JMM's MP ,Shame on congress for siding with Maoists

Back
Top Bottom