What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

Mastaan has a point. If Hindutva is to be reduced to the shenanigans of the Bajrang Dal or Togadia then its doomed. All these upstarts are a blot on the likes of Deendayal Jee and Syama Prasad Jee. :sick:

He( @mastaan ) not only has a point - in fact that is the point. The most important point. Togadia(I read about him recently) and Co are nutjobs who are best engaged in cage fights with Owaisis, preferably to death :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn these evil naughty Hindoos :devil: :nana:
Any Dharmic faith thrives on freedom. Once you define Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism etc etc like commandments, that will be the end of these faiths. :hang2:

somehow, this whole bijness of religion is beyond me... I am happy being an Indian only... Life is far too short to fight idiotic battles because one of my books said something!

Damn these evil naughty Hindoos :devil: :nana:
Any Dharmic faith thrives on freedom. Once you define Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism etc etc like commandments, that will be the end of these faiths. :hang2:

Freedom , yes...

But freedom within a range of options... Hinduism is not anarchic Laissez faire

Can you be following the Koran and claim being a Hindu ? It is a cafeteria approach but there is a distinct menu...however wide it may be....

And the range opens up with knowledge.... unfortunately, most people touting its freedom dont know the first thing about Hinduism.... Their statements are made in ignorance, not because they appreciate Hinduism's vastness.

He( @mastaan ) not only has a point - in fact that is the point. The most important point. Togadia(I read about him recently) and Co are nutjobs who are best engaged in cage fights with Owaisis, preferably to death :devil:

Togadia is a special case, he has been gunning for Modi for quite some time now. Such a lack-wit taking on a man with a vision. He equated Modi's statement to Jairam Ramesh's, proving yet again that grasping nuance and context is a difficult proposition for him.

Of course mate - cannibalism is not a part of Dharma. Nor is rape. With freedom comes responsibility.
Freedom , yes...

Can you be following the Koran and claim being a Hindu ? It is a cafeteria approach but there is a distinct menu...however wide it may be....

And the range opens up with knowledge.... unfortunately, most people touting its freedom dont know the first thing about Hinduism.... Their statements are made in ignorance, not because they appreciate Hinduism's vastness.

Yet he could have gone down in history as one of India's best surgeons. But then having a clean record on deathbed is not everyone's wish :D
Togadia is a special case, he has been gunning for Modi for quite some time now. Such a lack-wit taking on a man with a vision. He equated Modi's statement to Jairam Ramesh's, proving yet again that grasping nuance and context is a difficult proposition for him.

With the Indian political scenario, I won't be surprised if Sonia and Digvijay hails VHP now!!! :hitwall:

Yes, till the time they rename this International Defense Forum focusing on Pakistani content.

Whats lies in name when the bearer dont want to be like it and claim to be otherwise.

My name is peace but I am as violent as rampaged elephant. :lol:

Freedom , yes...

ufffff... naam badlo pehle tum apna :) ... Books read like what you want to read from them... Even in Gita, Krishna says that if you don't follow my word, you are done... those things had a context mate... Don't flog a religion based on something you have only heard as a heresay. Humbly, I don't think, we are capable of that! Plus, chill maaro aur pakka se vote karo!

ufffff... naam badlo pehle tum apna :) ... Books read like what you want to read from them... Even in Gita, Krishna says that if you don't follow my word, you are done... those things had a context mate... Don't flog a religion based on something you have only heard as a heresay. Humbly, I don't think, we are capable of that! Plus, chill maaro aur pakka se vote karo!

Here a point can be put in like this -
Nobody said that Gita is THE holy text of Dharma. For example I can say - Hey Krish, you aint gonna tell me nuthin. :D
And yet I look left...I look right....thank heavens no fatwa :yay:

@EyelessInGaza @rafiqali

Good debate.

One of you said hinduism is in danger. Lets rephrase the statement to sooth secular fabric of the country and says indian culture and its societal inheritance which lies in equality, repect and peace is in danger from fundamentalist.

Then we have an argument -- Slogan "Islam is in danger" has only created panic and chaos and we can see to what an extent people are going to "save" Islam. Its not about the fact of being endangered but how you react to that danger. Will hinduism follow the same way as Islamist? Is hinduism support such thing or is it so fragile and unclear that people can use it to its own purpose by presenting different meanings and people have to follow it rigidly to be a hindu? Defending by self strengthening and defending by weakening others are two different way and there is nothing wrong in the first option.

Then we have another line of argument -- Secularism is weakened stance against fanatics and fundamentalists. Saying so is equivalent to saying hinduism is weaker - i dont find any difference in secularism and hinduism apart from hinduism being a superset.

PS: I dont learn secularism through Mulayam, Maya, Nitish and congress lens nor to some extent BJP.

^^Me sorry if I hurt any feelings...I not so religious... More spiritual :angel:

Religion leads to spirituality, dont fool yourself.

@EyelessInGaza @Rafiqli

Good debate.

One of you said hinduism is in danger. Lets rephrase the statement to sooth secular fabric of the country and says indian culture and its societal inheritance which lies in equality, repect and peace is in danger from fundamentalist.

Then we have an argument -- Slogan "Islam is in danger" has only created panic and chaos and we can see to what an extent people are going to "save" Islam. Its not about the fact of being endangered but how you react to that danger. Will hinduism follow the same way as Islamist? Is hinduism support such thing or is it so fragile and unclear that people can use it to its own purpose by presenting different meanings and people have to follow it rigidly to be a hindu? Defending by self strengthening and defending by weakening others are two different way and there is nothing wrong in the first option.

Then we have another line of argument -- Secularism is weakened stance against fanatics and fundamentalists. Saying so is equivalent to saying hinduism is weaker - i dont find any difference in secularism and hinduism apart from hinduism being a superset.

PS: I dont learn secularism through Mulayam, Maya, Nitish and congress lens nor to some extent BJP.

Religion leads to spirituality, dont fool yourself.

I is fool. See I know no Englees :D

Assembly elections in 5 states announced

NEW DELHI: Assembly elections in five states were announced by the Election Commission of India on Friday. Elections for Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Mizoram assemblies will be held in a phased manner.

While polls to elect the 70-member Delhi assembly will be held on 4 December, polls for 200- member Rajasthan assembly will be held on 1 December while elections for 40-member Mizoram assembly are scheduled to be held on 4 December.

Chhattisgarh has to elect a new 90-member state assembly for which polls will be held in two phases, 11 November and 19 November, while Madhya Pradesh will vote on 25 November to elect 230-member state assembly.

Announcing the poll dates, chief election commissioner VS Sampath all measures are in place to assure free and fair elections. Sampath added that the commission is taking adequate steps to provide 'NODA' (none of the above) option to voters following the Supreme Court directive.

Counting in all states will be held on December 8.

Monitoring squads will be working in full force, Sampath said.

The tenure of the current Madhya Pradesh assembly assembly ends on December 12, Mizoram on December 15 and Delhi assembly on December 17, while that of Rajasthan assembly ends on December 31 and Chhattisgarh on January 4 next year.

Nearly 50,000 troops may keep vigil over these assembly polls. These troops will concentrate themselves in the Naxal-hit areas of Chhattisgarh in the second phase to counter the increased threat perception from CPM in the wake of the Darbha Ghati massacre that killed several top Congress leaders of the state in May.

During the last assembly polls in 2008, elections in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram and Delhi were held in a single phase, while that of Chhatisgarh was held in two phases.

Assembly elections in 5 states announced, Delhi to vote on 4 December - The Times of India

Whats lies in name when the bearer dont want to be like it and claim to be otherwise.

My name is peace but I am as violent as rampaged elephant. :lol:

I can see your confusion. You want to post on a Pakistani forum just as a name but continue to say whatever you want and stop other from saying what you do not agree with. Unfortunately I keep away from commenting on your country and love hearing when your country men talk about our business. Thats how my learning curve works. But coming on here and telling my country men to shut his input is something I will not tolerate or stand by. If he is talking nonsense, engage him and take his argument down. I will not stand by this useless cowardice of calling us "violent" because you were shown facts of what this forum is no matter what the owner or moderator says it is. Relax and keep providing us with insight, instead of the usual drama.

Back
Top Bottom