What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

There are many topics other than religion, why don't he forcus on them . His habit of combining religion with everything will cause his downfall .

Dont you see congress is more concerned about hindu agenda these days??

When a single modi speaks something about any matter the sonias, rahuls, digvijays, sibbals, jairams & even their allies speaks only about hindutva of against hindus or in favor of every one except hindus...

see the toilet remark... & then every tom dick & harry congressi come against it like a true hindutva supporters .... hahaha

modi has difficult task at hand he should take care of not raising religious issues too much to win more votes and allies while he also can't abandon hindutva as by doing that bjp will loose its traditional conservative Hindu votebank

[Bregs];4844185 said:
Recently, the Indian Express published two news items on the same page.

On the top, across five columns, was Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s appeal: “All Secular Forces Must Unite Against Modi”, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.

Bottom of the same page had a two-column headline in which BJP’s Arun Jaitley is urging the prime minister to “probe motivated investigation” against Narendra Modi and his political soulmate, Amit Shah. The leader of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha has accused the Congress of misusing agencies like the CBI and NIA against BJP leaders “including its prime ministerial candidate”.

So, it seems the probes on Modi are closing in.

Juxtapose the two news items, one against the other, and a kind of pattern emerges of Modi’s menacing, vertical rise and the UPA’s horizontal mopping up operations of the scared “secular” formations. Without one, the other has no game to play.

In a column written in mid July, I had explained my understanding of the game. What was the hurry in projecting Modi as the BJP’s Hindu mascot for the political season up to the 2014 parliament election? At least those eager to promote him could have waited for the assembly elections in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh, in at least three of which the BJP has major stakes.

Would it not be the Hindutva’s vote of no confidence in the BJP chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, when they are preparing for the November assembly elections, to have the chief minister of Gujarat sail above their heads?

Agreed, Shivraj Chauhan, Raman Singh and Vasundhara Raje Scindia do not owe their lives to the RSS as Modi does, but even so what would have been lost if the RSS-BJP had waited until the November elections? What was the urgency? Were the cases closing in on Modi and the Gujarat model? That being the case Modi had to be boosted sky high, like a rocket, so that he can be cast as a martyr just in case the investigating agencies ground him.

The very first sentence of Jaitley’s letter to the PM is: “The Congress cannot fight Narendra Modi politically. Defeat stares them in the face.” Hence, the “misuse of intelligence agencies” to ground Modi. Was this the mantra whispered in the ears of the BJP stalwarts who had thrown a fit at his elevation?

It was quite startling how the senior leaders, in a state of collective convulsion at Modi’s elevation in Goa in June, had very rapidly composed themselves and begun to see light over the horizon. Modi was anointed the PM candidate in September and they tamely watched. Suddenly they had changed. Why?

Brecht’s spoof on Hitler, The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui, does come to mind but the Indian media have decided that Modi is not resistible. There he floats above the firmament, irresistible in his designer kurtas, beard in perfect trim, once or twice I could have sworn he wore lipstick, positioning himself before a lotus here, a parapet there in admirable imitation of Sohrab Modi of the Parsee theatre fame.

During practice sessions boxers do not really hit hard. They spar, jab gently, float around for footwork but never land a punch on the chin. This is what is going on between the vertical Modi and the horizontal UPA.

In July I had written: “Since 2007, just before the assembly elections, Modi’s public relations has been globally managed by APCO Worldwide which boasts of the former US ambassador to New Delhi, Timothy Roemer, as a hands on manager with offices in Mumbai and New Delhi. APCO has an impressive record of servicing dictators like Sani Abacha of Nigeria.”

If the UPA were in serious combat with Modi, there would have been at least a whisper about APCO among the UPA publicists. But there has been nothing of the sort. The sides are not fighting; they are jousting. The real knockout punch was administered by Rahul Gandhi not on the opponents but on his own party when he rubbished the ordinance on convicted law makers.

Chastise me for my perverse thought, but the real effect of Modi as a Hindu mascot, coming with things like Muzaffarnagar in his train, is two fold: it enables the BJP-RSS to measure its appeal nationwide for some future round. This aggressive Hindutva is designed to drive anything which is not hardcore Hindutva towards the creation of a possible UPA III because Manmohan Singh, P Chidambaram and Montek Singh Ahluwalia are still trusted by India Inc in Mumbai and their multinational links who have identified India as a trillion dollar market and essential for global recovery.

“Another reason why Modi’s support team have been able to impose a fait accompli on the BJP,” I wrote, “is because of an acute fear that Modi and his Sancho Panza will, sooner or later, trip up in the course of investigations under way in Gujarat. Modi’s fall will then be the BJP’s fall too; it will be the fatal collapse of the Gujarat model.”

“But if Modi is allowed to fly high on a platform of Hindu nationalism, his being grounded will be blamed on intrigue by the forces of ‘pseudo secularism’. This pits Modi as an embodiment of an idea shaded in dark saffron, projected in presidential style, against the secular formations, pale and wan, poised precariously on a rickety parliamentary platform.”

The real battle, then, is not being envisaged for 2014 but more like 2016 – mid term.

Jaitley’s 15-page letter, giving details of all the cases that are zeroing in on Modi and Shah, is the beginning of an almighty cat and mouse between the BJP and the UPA. Is there a real fear that Modi will be grounded before take off?

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/w...ate-upa-3-1152825.html?utm_source=ref_article

Jis din kuch ukhad le na Modi ka , tab aakar itne lambe lambe post karna, tab tak stfu....try hard , harder hardest.... you people die barking...

Dont you see congress is more concerned about hindu agenda these days??

When a single modi speaks something about any matter the sonias, rahuls, digvijays, sibbals, jairams & even their allies speaks only about hindutva of against hindus or in favor of every one except hindus...

see the toilet remark... & then every tom dick & harry congressi come against it like a true hindutva supporters .... hahaha

What do you expect from oppositions, we didn't act but we reserve the right to react on religious mattrers.

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has at least one quality for which he must be duly complemented. He says and does what his heart, mind and soul feel right. So if he is sitting in a car and is guiding the driver to race the car on the road in the direction he wants, he at least tells the driver not to try too much to avoid hitting a dog. If it gets killed he will only have to make it appear that he has not hit him intentionally; the owner will then do what is needed: feel sad about it; and then move on towards his next destination. Modi chose to own the Gujarat Car and when he found that many “dogs” have been killed, he is at least ready to say that it saddened him; but his sadness would not stop him from his life long ambition of owning the India car. Once the car is his, he will tell the driver to move again without caring much about the dogs. The speed of the car is more important than the dogs it hits on the way.

Modi has again got it right when he says that “he is a nationalist Hindu”. There is nothing wrong about it. Instead what should have been asked was: what is the definition of “nation” in his dictionary and “Does his nation have Muslims as equal partners”. Neither the majority of Hindus agree with BJP definition of “Hindu” nor most of the Indians with their definition of “Nation”. So while both Gandhi and Modi can be nationalist Hindus, Modi would perhaps love to be a nationalist Hindu in the Godse mould.

By now, Dr Zafar Mahmood must have realized how ill-conceived, even if well-intentioned, was his decision to make a presentation to Modi and hope he would change. Fond as Modi seems to be of dogs, the famous analogy of “Kutte ki dum ko 12 saal tak bottle mein rakho to bhi terhi hi niklegi” (Cut a Dog's tail and enclose it in a bottle for 12 years, and it will yet remain crooked) seems to perfectly befit him.

By repeatedly making such statements, Modi is on the way to achieve for BJP what it wants. The more the media reacts to such remarks, the more it will suit them. So it will be better if Muslims now start ignoring him altogether. If Congress or other political parties make an issue of it, let them make it. But it will be better for Muslims if they keep their focus on the problems of the nation as a whole: economic disparity, security issues, anti-poor model of development and the inability of the nation to take its second largest majority along, in terms of participation as well as fruits. Muslims must understand that non-BJP parties will find it easier to run the fight if the issue of communalism remains in focus. With the increasing polarization, they will feel more and more secure. Muslims on the other hand must make it sure that while on one hand they will make sure that the divisive forces are defeated they will not let the other parties win without doing what is required from them.

[Dr Javed Jamil is India based thinker and writer with over a dozen books including his latest, “Muslims Most Civilised, Yet Not Enough” and “Muslim Vision of Secular India: Destination & Road-map”. He soon intends to bring a “Muslim Manifesto for India 2014,” which will provide the basic framework on which Muslim groups can expand.

Source: Barking Narendra Modi cannot think beyond dogs | IndianMuslimObserver.com — India's First Online Muslim Newspaper

Hey Bregs, why you want this corrupt UPA again yaar? We can give Modi a chance, and if he fails to deliver, he will lose in following election. I dont see anything wring in giving a shot. We can always experiment specially when the current dynastic government failed miserably in every front.

Hey Bregs, why you want this corrupt UPA again yaar? We can give Modi a chance, and if he fails to deliver, he will lose in following election. I dont see anything wring in giving a shot. We can always experiment specially when the current dynastic government failed miserably in every front.

what problem i have if he is elected in elections but abusing me for posting other side of modi is not good, if people vote for him quiet fair but just like others i am posting source links of the views and news not conforming with modi as PM

Damn some people are trying real hard

Haters+gonna+hate_5e46a7_3803056.jpg

Well Modi is paying the price for being a true nationalist and for his "Nation First" polices........

[Bregs];4844296 said:
what problem i have if he is elected in elections but abusing me for posting other side of modi is not good, if people vote for him quiet fair but just like others i am posting source links of the views and news not conforming with modi as PM

I am sorry, I didn't mean to say that you stop posting the articles or express a view, whether anti or pro modi.

I just wanted to know what you think of giving him a chance. Nothing wrong i guess. Its a fact and reality that people are fed up with this Congress. And we wanna look for options. And if that option is Modi, lets try him out. Nothing's wrong. I also add that if he fails to deliver, we always have the option of removing him.

Remember we had removed Indira after emergency and then re elected her because the non Congress government was not good enough.

Debate is a healthy sign of democracy, and i agree that people should not be abusive if you have a different view.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to say that you stop posting the articles or express a view, whether anti or pro modi.

I just wanted to know what you think of giving him a chance. Nothing wrong i guess. Its a fact and reality that people are fed up with this Congress. And we wanna look for options. And if that option is Modi, lets try him out. Nothing's wrong. I also add that if he fails to deliver, we always have the option of removing him.

Remember we had removed Indira after emergency and then re elected her because the non Congress government was not good enough.

Debate is a healthy sign of democracy, and i agree that people should not be abusive if you have a different view.

BJP could have replaced congress mis governance by anti incumbency alone why to propose such a devisive personality now he has polarized the society? Its because BJP do not have any other leader to lead them and they settled for modi which won;t be accepted all classes of India

[Bregs];4844351 said:
BJP could have replaced congress mis governance by anti incumbency alone why to propose such a devisive personality now he has polarized the society? Its because BJP do not have any other leader to lead them and they settled for modi which won;t be accepted all classes of India

Because that man has a good administration image free from corruption. Obviously BJP wanna cash on that. He is a most popular leader BJP has right now so why not give him a center stage. Nothing wrong in it. my personal view.

And i agree that may be he is not accepted to all classes but there is a class which accepts him. And if that is a majority, he will form a government. If he fails to deliver then we will remove him in the next election.

My point is, why not give him a chance when congress is not doing any better anyways.

Anti Congress doesnt mean pro modi. I will support anyone any day over this corrupted UPA.

Back
Top Bottom