What's new

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this is the more recent one jan 2013

"At one time, not so very long ago, a Pakistani could proudly say, while drawing a comparison with India where millions slept hungry at night, that no-one in his country went to bed with an empty stomach. No more, alas! The spiraling rise in the prices of goods of daily use, on the one hand, and the static incomes on the other have combined to spread hunger, which now affects a large segment of our society. And if one were to add the growing incidence of unemployment caused by inflationary pressures, the picture would become starker. According to some reports, as many as 40 percent of the population lives below the poverty line."

Poverty in Pakistan

"A STUDY on poverty has brought Pakistan face to face with a reality that it will find hard to accept: every third Pakistani is caught in the ‘poor’ bracket i.e. some 58.7 million out of a total population of 180 million subsist below the poverty line."

Poverty in Pakistan | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

Actually BPL list in india is a controversial one....Because there are somany people actually ABL and declare BPL to get the freebies and other benefits from government...... I know few family who have done that- out of itone family earn close to 25 thousand a month but the are considered to be BPL and their new ration card says BPL.... But having said that india has to go a loooong way to eradicate poverty. Insha allah we will do it)

( i have no problem if pakistan is better off... i would congratulate them.... and would be happy that they have progressed well)

lol another teaser added in my list abt u after SSG commondos:lol:

This is a fact, the planning commission has this as an offical target and has met it, if not exceeded it, more often than not.

Please sir shed some light on increasing number of indian slum population so we can share it with the indians of this forum

Ask @Windjammer he is a master.
This link was originally shared by him.

first reach in space :D :D :D

we had reached there in 1963 long before u knew that there is thing called space LOL.

"At one time, not so very long ago, a Pakistani could proudly say, while drawing a comparison with India where millions slept hungry at night, that no-one in his country went to bed with an empty stomach. No more, alas! The spiraling rise in the prices of goods of daily use, on the one hand, and the static incomes on the other have combined to spread hunger, which now affects a large segment of our society. And if one were to add the growing incidence of unemployment caused by inflationary pressures, the picture would become starker. According to some reports, as many as 40 percent of the population lives below the poverty line."

Poverty in Pakistan

"A STUDY on poverty has brought Pakistan face to face with a reality that it will find hard to accept: every third Pakistani is caught in the ‘poor’ bracket i.e. some 58.7 million out of a total population of 180 million subsist below the poverty line."

LOL but its still better then indian standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
u have yr answer in thread care to read it:azn:

besides yr country is just 4 times big not what u mentioned.

I think you deliberately avoided the population thing which is more important in this case.:coffee:

the word schadenfreude is german, yet i think it should be somehow given to indian and pakistani posters of this forum to own, they live and breathe it everyday.

With the kind of economic situation which paksitan is in to ....Can anyone tell me how did pakistan successfully reduced their poverty???

Poverty in Pakistan

lols and they are talking about India's population below poverty line......hahahahahaha

this will shed some light...while indian slums are comprised of 30-60% of urban population..pakistan comprises over 60%..
btw china is also at the same level of india

http://www.unhabitat.org/documents/media_centre/APMC/Slum trends in Asia.pdf
LOL indian website,

I just love yr desperation.
As the poverty in india is more then us then its very illogical for pak to have more slums then us.
As Pak living standard is even today far far better then india talking abt average indians not elite.

November 2011 article.

Oh dear. I wish the OP a speedy recovery.

I first though thread was by WJ. His case was more chronic.

28 March 2013

Poverty high in Bangladesh, India: HDI

UNDP also released its 2013 Human Development Index (HDI) along with the Report, which ranked countries in terms of economic and human development indicators.
The Multidimensional Poverty Index, an alternative to income-based poverty estimates, shows the proportion of the population living in poverty is high throughout South Asia, with the highest rates in Bangladesh (58 percent), India (54 percent), Pakistan (49 percent) and Nepal (44 percent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom