What's new

Indian Rafale remain largely produced in France

It would be better to wait and watch, I have a lot of faith in the people who are deciding, they will do what is best for the country.

It will take years for the Rafale to be made 100% in India, just as it did for the Sukhoi 30 MKI.

What matters is that India builds a stronger high tech industry and learns as much as possible. Then the AMCA and PA FA and maybe even LCA mk 3 can be improved with that knowledge.

thats the challenge OEMs have to face ,they have to produce 60% of the jet here.............. india has gained a lot of experience with manufacturing su-30mki,,,,,,jaguar,mirage,mig-29 upgrades,lca tejas,,,,,,,,, building rafale is possible and is part of the deal............. now i am not trying to flame but for example when PAC can produce jf-17 when it has not built a single fighter before except overhauls then why cannot india....

No big deal. Nothing new either it was the same even with Su-30MKI,,,first the entire aircraft
comes from abroad, then production in India with all major stuff imported, and then a steady increase
in indigenisation until all of it is made in India. Likewise, eventhough IAF inducted MKIs first in 2002,
by 2010 the entire plane was made 100% in India, we are new to Western tech so its gonna be the
same with Rafale, but now we have increased knowledge of aircraft construction we have worked with
canard-equipped planes like MKI and deltawings like LCA so catching up with the tech won't be tough.

Plus, whether its made in India or bought from France doesn't seem to matter for IAF as long as
aircraft nos. keep growing and we start getting hands on real good tech. In the meantime, all forummers
stay prepared for the SuperSukhoi MKI coming in the next 2 yrs;)

TOT for what?? I dont think Indian engineers will be able to read blue print of advanced technology like Rafael let alone produce some.

TOT for what?? I dont think Indian engineers will be able to read blue print of advanced technology like Rafael let alone produce some.

yes we had to hire BangladeshI scientists to licence produce su30 mki , super hornet weapon bay door, etc

You are right ....Actually HAL borrowed some bangladeshi engineers to read the russian blueprints to make MKI.....

Unfortunatly we INDIANs are taught to read in schools unlike you Bangladeshis. So no problem :D
Advice: try to grow a brain in near future :D

Back
Top Bottom