What's new

Indian Scram jet Engine to be tested in 2014

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
images

India will flight test its scramjet engine developed by defense scientists in 2014. Chief controller, Research and Development (Missiles and strategic systems), DRDO Avinash Chander told reporters here on Wednesday that two countries in the world had tested the scramjet engine, but in only one case the flight was successful. “Scramjet technology is still going through the testing phase,” he said. A scramjet engine can provide speed up to Mach 12, though India’s scramjet engine is said to be aimed at achieving Mach 6 speed which is 5,800 km/hr.

The 26th national convention of aerospace engineers and national seminar on ‘Expanding frontiers in aerospace technologies – challenges and opportunities’ is being organised by the aerospace engineering division board of the Institution of Engineers (India), Andhra Pradesh centre on November 24-25 to discuss these issues.

Avinash Chander, who is the co-chairman of the national organizing committee, said cyber and space warfare were the new emerging areas where wars would be fought and India will have to prepare for it. During the meet, India’s Mars mission will also be discussed. Avinash Chander said the country has been able to leverage the spin offs of space technology for developmental purposes as well. He said the challenge now was also to harness energy from space.

Apart from making India capable of handling its defense in the space, he said the challenge was also to come up with technologies that would make space travel and tourism economical.

V K Saraswat, scientific advisor to defence minister, will inaugurate the convention and Rajaram Nagappa, distinguished professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, V Adimurthy, dean, Indian Institute of Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, S K Shiva Kumar, director, Isro Satellite Centre (ISAC) will speak at the meet.

Hyderabad to host aerospace meet | idrw.org

I wish them all the best but it sounds strange to me that they (India) were unable to make a conventional engine yet they are able to achieve scram jet? I hope DRDO does not goes around playing with emotions of Indian's

I wish them all the best but it sounds strange to me that they (India) were unable to make a conventional engine yet they are able to achieve scram jet? I hope DRDO does not goes around playing with emotions of Indian's
Its about life time of engine . The conventional engine for aircraft needs to work for decades , where as scramjet engine needs to burn for not more than 2 minutes to reach 250-300km target . It will be for missile initially , it might take 2 more decades to make reusable Scramjet . Mean while we might make an aircraft engine .

Lessons to be learned by Pakistan: Don't try cause you are going to fail. Has the land of the pure, fair skinned, green eyed Aryans achieved anything? :pakistan: :pakistan:

Read before qouting. I said just dont give dates of tests because you never meet that. Yes Pakistan try but dont exaggagrate like india.

Read before qouting. I said just dont give dates of tests because you never meet that. Yes Pakistan try but dont exaggagrate like india.

Exaggeration lies in saying all tests are successful and pakistani missiles have never failed and fell back to
ground at all.

and the punch line alway is the big 'will'``

The same punchline was used in early 2012 - India will test Agni-V soon.

In April, the will became has.:azn:

buddy after reading this article i had one doubt in my mind.so can you clarify it?? this article states the india would develop a scram jet engine to achieve mach 6.but we had demonstrated some ballistic missile defence system tests earlier with mach 6.Is that not indigenous engine ?? if not how did we acquired that engine??

buddy after reading this article i had one doubt in my mind.so can you clarify it?? this article states the india would develop a scram jet engine to achieve mach 6.but we had demonstrated some ballistic missile defence system tests earlier with mach 6.Is that not indigenous engine ?? if not how did we acquired that engine??

Interceptor Missile we use is in AAD is solid fuel missile and solid fuel missile doesn't use scramjet engine

Back
Top Bottom