What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

I really missed u and Ganimi, Sancho was one more missing i was surprised that u three weren't there. No problem man, u know i will admit shamelessly i skipped my office works as much as possible that day enjoying Agni V and the tamasha on PDF.

P.S: suffering that today was at office till late night to clear back log :D

Really jealous of you bro..... yeah, missed the Tamasha. When returned from office in the evening the thread had already more than 50 pages!!! lol

Hey As far as I know Sancho avoids trolls and Tamasha threads

Bro, now a days I also avoid the trolls, but do not miss the tamasha when they burnv after Bharati successes. lol

Hey Kinetic I want to ask an off Topic question Please don't report me for that :lol:

What is the difference between Kinetic Kill vehicle (KKV) And hit to kill Technology and Gimbaled warhead technology in context of ASAT and ABM Missiles???

You are always welcome bro.

KKV is the last remaining part of the missile which is highly agile.... designed for end game ... destruction of the target ballistic missile. It has high speed so kinetic.

Hit to Kill: Destroying with direct hit instead of using a proximity fuse. Highly accurate PF can also lead to HTK. It needs high speed. It can contain explosive or can be without explosive. it makes sure complete destruction of the target.

Gimbaled Directional warhead: Used in warhead with proximity fuses. It bursts at 360 degree, gives very high kill probability.

And
Yes 2000KN Thrust is just awesome for ISRO Rockets. It seems like that we are jumping directly to High Thrust :tup:

Yeah, it will be used for future heavy lift ULV and RLV.

Semi cryo will replace stage 1 but it is no where near completion. its just still on paper and research is slow in LPSC. GSLV mark III only first and second stage static is completed. they have still lots more test to go. Cryogenic will be only after success of mark 2.

Thanks Kinetic

Has India ever tested KKV ( Purely KKV i.e. without any warhead)???

@ Kinetic
Thanx man....ISRO is doing the work of future...drdo should learn from them.

Please post something latest about RLV-TD and Air Breathing Propulsion Project...Whats the progress ?? When it suppose to start working ??

latest propulsion modules under development by ISRO

20110802-India-Space-Shuttle-Reusable-Launch-Vehicle-16%25255B2%25255D.jpg

@ Kinetic
Thanx man....ISRO is doing the work of future...drdo should learn from them.

Please post something latest about RLV-TD and Air Breathing Propulsion Project...Whats the progress ?? When it suppose to start working ??

They have tested the new booster HS9 for RLV-TD twice successfully with Secondary Injection Thrust Vector Control system. Apart from this,

*eaction Control System jet interaction studies and aero characterisation for the vehicle were completed.
*Elevon and rudder deflection studies were carried out for vehicle and mission.
*Updated version of on-board software for Digital Auto Pilot Flight Requirements *Document and data set documents were released based on National Committee recommendations.
*All Navigation, Guidance and Control hardware, ceramic servo accelerometer and Hybrid Data Second static test of HS9 motor Acquisition System (HDAS) were realised.
*Miniaturised Flush Air Data Systems (FADS) electronics was also realised and *Advanced Vehicle Imaging System was introduced.
*The elliptical toroid tank for storing Secondary Injection Thrust Vector Control injectant was fabricated and subjected to hydraulic pressure test.

First test may be next year.

Air Breathing Propulsion
----------------------

Active scramjet engine and high-pressure gaseous fuel feed system are progressing well for the ATV D-02 Scramjet Gas Monitor Cabin Lights High pressure gaseous fuel feed system RH 200 launch from TERLS range Characterisation. The flight is targeted in the first half of 2012.

So first flight of our active scramjet engine anytime before July. :smokin:

Space Science:

Chandrayaan-2 updates:

etcjr5.jpg

i1hamd.jpg

Chandrayaan-2 mission is planned to have an Orbiter/Lander/Rover configuration. The mission is expected to be
realised by 2014. It is an Indo-Russian collaborative mission. The scientific objectives of the mission are to further
improve our understanding of origin and evolution of the Moon using instruments onboard Orbiter and in-situ
analysis of lunar samples and studies of lunar regolith properties (remote and direct analysis) using Robotics/Rover.

Orbiter Craft (OC)
Chandrayaan-2 Structure configuration has been changed from I2K
to I3K configuration due to the revision of payload lift off capacity
by GSLV. This change will enable accommodating larger propellant
tanks. The mission strategy was revised to inject the satellite in a
lower initial orbit (170 X 16980km) with a higher lift-off mass of
3200kg and the Propulsion System Configuration changed to
increase fuel carrying capability of the satellite.
The other activities completed are: finalisation of all electrical and
mechanical interfaces including the payload interfaces; Preliminary
Design Reviews (PDRs) of Bus Systems (Power, Attitude Orbit
Control Electronics, Telemetry, Tracking and Command Baseband
Systems, RF Systems, Data Handling System, Structure, Thermal Control System, Propulsion System); all
systems accommodation studies and initial thermal analysis.

Rover
The activities completed so far are: configuration of Rover and Payloads, Preliminary Design of all subsystems
and PDR of all Rover subsystems. Lunar Terrain Test Facility has been established at ISITE for simulation of
reduced ‘g’ and Lunar soil.

Russian-GK Lander Craft (LC) Interfaces:
Three interface meetings took place with Russian delegates apart
from regular mail communication and teleconferences. OC-LC and LC-Rover Interfaces and Lander-Rover
communication scheme were finalised. Landing site identification has been initiated and schedules/sequence of
activities is worked out.

Indian MARS Mission

ISRO is planning to undertake a mission to the planet Mars during 2013 timeframe. The Project Report for Indian Mars Orbiter mission has been submitted for approval of Government of India. The tentative scientific objective for the Mars mission will be to focus on life, climate, geology, origin, evolution and sustainability of life
on the planet.

Scientific payloads have been short-listed by the ADCOS review committee. Baseline, solar array and reflector configuration of the satellite have been finalised. Frequency filing for communication subsystem is under progress.

Solar mission: ADITYA-1 space based Solar Coronagraph

ADITYA-1 is the first space based Solar Coronagraph intended to study the outermost region of the sun called Corona. ADITYA-1 in the visible and near IR bands will study the Coronal Mass Ejection such as the coronal magnetic field structures, evolution of the coronal magnetic field etc., and consequently the crucial physical parameters for space weather.

The activities of ADITYA-1 are: MoU signed with the IIA for development and delivery of solar coronagraph payload; preliminary design of the optical systems of ADITYA-1 finalized and design document generated; Preliminary Design Review of the optical design completed; Trade-off studies on the selection of detector system completed and the list of subsystem packages along with power and mass budget generated. Mechanical reconfiguration of the satellite is in progress.

Astronomy mission: ASTROSAT

ASTROSAT is the first dedicated Indian Astronomy mission, which will enable multi-wavelength observations of the celestial bodies, cosmic sources in X-ray, visible and UV spectral bands simultaneously. The scientific payloads cover the Visible (3500-6000 Å), UV (1300-3000 Å), soft and hard X-ray regimes (0.5-8 keV; 3-80 keV). The uniqueness of ASTROSAT lies in its wide spectral coverage extending over visible, UV, soft X and hard X ray regions.

The scientific objectives of ASTROSAT are:

Multiwavelength studies of cosmic sources,
Monitoring the X-ray sky for new transients,
All sky survey in the hard X-ray and UV bands,
Broadband spectroscopic studies of X-ray binaries,
AGN, SNRs, clusters of galaxies and stellar coronae,
Studies of periodic and non-periodic variability of X-ray sources and monitoring intensity of known sources and detecting outbursts and luminosity variations.

I know this is not the thread for this but i have to ask...

Any updates on HSTDV ??? And any missile planned on this ??

Those tracking kharif paddy, among other scenes, can get a clear picture of it this year, thanks to RISAT-1, the all-weather satellite.

The nation’s second radar imaging satellite will be put into orbit at dawn on Thursday.Its specialty is the SAR or synthetic aperture radar which can see through clouds.

Development and other agencies that track objects, people movements, natural features and disasters on ground using satellite images can now get a round-the-year, all-terrain view of these areas.
SAR has been developed by the ISRO’s Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad.

A radar imaging satellite is widely believed to have military uses too – a view that ISRO, a civil space agency, ignores.

“RISAT-1 will help to give sharp and clear images of kharif crop, especially paddy, during the cloudy months of September-November,” said an ISRO official.

“Otherwise, rice estimation would have to wait till December or January.”

It also beams some very sharp imageries of 1-metre resolution: of persons or objects such as cars that are 1m high or broad.

For all-weather data, national agencies relied on Canada’s RADARSAT’s imageries. That dependence will come down now, the official said.

RISAT-1 will also improve tracking and management during floods, cyclone and other natural disasters. The SAR can also ‘look’ back and forth with its ‘ScanSAR’ feature.

Other earlier IRSs (Indian remote sensing satellites) used optical and infrared sensors that failed to see below clouds.

RISAT-1 is led by its Project Director, Ms N. Valarmathi, – the second woman to helm a satellite Project.

It costs Rs 378 crore – almost double an INSAT communications satellite – due to SAR. The launch adds Rs 120 crore to it.

RISAT-1 was due for launch in early to late 2009 but was urgently replaced by a much smaller RISAT-2. (It was in the aftermath of the Mumbai terror attacks.)

ISRO built the RISAT-2, of April 2009, with the help of Israel Aerospace Industries and launched it on its PSLV vehicle.

Its special uses are disaster management, forest cover, terrain mapping and what is called ‘species representation.’

On Monday morning, launch scientists at ISRO’s launch port, Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, began counting down three days ahead of the event.

ISRO will launch it on its workhorse PSLV rocket, this one codenamed C19. The Launch Authorisation Board has cleared the launch for 5.47 a.m. on April 26.

The current remote sensing spacecraft weighs an ISRO-regular 1,850 kg. It operates in the C-band. RISAT-2 was around 300 kg and operates in the X-band.

During the 71-hour countdown, liquid propellant will be filled in the rocket’s second and fourth stages. The tracking radar systems, communication networks and a host of ground systems will be checked.

“Mandatory checks on the launch vehicle and spacecraft (… and) charging of batteries and pressurisation of propellant tanks onboard the satellite will be performed.”

The rocket codenamed PSLV-C19 will inject RISAT-1 satellite into an initial pole-to-pole orbit at a distance of 480 km from Earth’s surface.

Once in space, it will be nudged into a final orbit 536 km away by firing the thrusters on the satellite.

With RISAT-1, India will get clear, unclouded picture | idrw.org

India already has this capabilty with RISAT-2 , RISAT-1 will supplement this capability.

Back
Top Bottom