What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Flush Air Data System for RLV-TD. A key technology for RLVs and Stealth fighters

IRO_RLV_FADS.jpg

bhai bata to de.........whats that??
It is flush air data system.
Air data system collects air-velocity,type of air flow,pressure that arises in front of the nose via pilot-tube in front of the fighter,then this data goes into FBW control system but long pilot tube tube increases the drag in hypersonic vehicles while it increases the RCS of supersonic fighter.
In FADS,tiny sensors are embedded all around the Nosecone so that the problem of drag and RCS is solved.

Are the flush air sensors operational or still in the design phase?

Hypersonic wind tunnel set up ho gaya?
Yes.
Re-entry missions like the Reusable Launch Vehicle missions, spend a major part of the mission in hypersonic flow regimes where many critical aero thermal events take place. In order to characterise the aero thermal properties and to optimise the launch vehicle design to ensure safe return of the Vehicle during re-entry, 1 metre Hypersonic Wind Tunnel and 1 metre shock Tunnel are established at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram. Hypersonic Wind Tunnel up to Mach 6 and Shock Tunnel up to Mach 8 are commissioned and the facility is operational in fully auto mode.
shock%20tunnel.jpg

wind%20tunnel%20photo.jpg

BTW,Congo for becoming JTT,

@S-DUCT btw the government has finally made a move on the Semi conductor fab unit after a 2-3 year gap and silence on the matter.:hitwall:

Should aide in future SAR options for ISRO payloads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

BTW,Congo for becoming JTT,

Aeronautics is such an interesting field of engineering. Especially in the relatively under researched hypersonic dimension. Flight characteristics take a whole new meaning beyond the point where aerodynamic coefficients become independent from velocity.

I wish Australia had hyper sonic research facilities.

@S-DUCT btw the government has finally made a move on the Semi conductor fab unit after a 2-3 year gap and silence on the matter.:hitwall:

Should aide in future SAR options for ISRO payloads.

YUS. I'd posted earlier that semi-conductor research in India isn't actually non existent as told to me by a visiting professor from IIT Bombay.

@Dillinger:
Better late than never.After 10-15 years from now,GOI should aim to make a fab that can challenge TSMC and Global-foundaries.
It will also aid in the develpment of small but powerful TRMM for Radars.

Aeronautics is such an interesting field of engineering.

I wish Australia had hyper sonic research facilities.

YUS. I'd posted earlier that semi-conductor research in India isn't actually non existent as told to me by a visiting professor from IIT Bombay.

Consider the case of developing L, X , S band MMICs in country BUT industrial scale manufacturing is indeed missing.

So we very much can and have done quite a lot of work in that field. The S-band LSTAR AEW&C radar is a product of that research.

The IIT professor isn't exactly incorrect since semi-conductor research is limited to specialized institutions like GAETEC and non existent in the higher education institutes like IIT (most engineering institutes of a high caliber will have on-going student and researcher led projects in the field or professors who are running projects under government or private grants- industry oriented research is very low due to policies and structural issues).

@Dillinger:
Better late than never.After 10-15 years from now,GOI should aim to make a fab that can challenge TSMC and Global-foundaries.
It will also aid in the develpment of small but powerful TRMM for Radars.

What will be the private fabs like when they are setup say 2-4 years down the line- will they be capable of catering to the demands of mil-grade MMICs for our sensors?

Back
Top Bottom