What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

:rofl:

Get off the shrooms man...

:blink:
what is so funny here? The US only has 300 million people, thus it is not big enough.

for example, the US is no longer the biggest car market in the world, why? because there is only 300 million people.

:blink:
what is so funny here? The US only has 300 million people, thus it is not big enough.

for example, the US is no longer the biggest car market in the world, why? because there is only 300 million people.

If more the better is the solution for economic power then China would not enforce a one child policy and India won't be desperately trying to somehow reduce her population.

Your economic thinking has a lot to be desired.

If more the better is the solution for economic power then China would not enforce a one child policy and India won't be desperately trying to somehow reduce her population.

Your economic thinking has a lot to be desired.

:smokin: there is no such "more the better", however, 300 million is just not enough, otherwise your nation won't keep being an immigration country.

you just can't deny this.

counter balance?

:smokin: how about spend more time to build your own bullets? the bullets used by your army are imported, keep this in your mind dude.

u r gud at categorical declarations even if u have no idea abt what u r talking.... first manufacturing bullets have nothing to do with counter balancing and secondly ur claim is wrong.. just google it if u have access to it.. I am not going to feed ur ignorance..

Also there is a difference between ally and living together due to necessity !! China may become a necessity to USA, but that also assumes India doesnt develop to contribute or be closer to USA in economic terms...

:smokin: there is no such "more the better", however, 300 million is just not enough, otherwise your nation won't keep being an immigration country.

you just can't deny this.

US keeps immigrating people because for any civilization to survive and grow the birth rate or population replacement rate needs to be close to 2, the lower it is, population grows older, the higher it is .. u face overload in terms of unemployment and likewise...

:smokin: of course we are not ally at this stage. I am talking about "ally in the future".

in general America is a threat to us, but not as big as India -- in other words, the US is not big enough to be qualified to be our biggest enemy. Yes, that also means we see India as a rising power which will quickly overtake the US in a few decades.

Wooow!!!

Mr shchinese, i would recommend you to type with both your hands on the keyboard

NOT with one hand while the other is holding something(u know)...

I do accept India as a rising power, U(china) are already asia's super power.
I donot and will never agree with you when you say India or China is going to overtake USA as the world's superpower..

Wooow!!!

Mr shchinese, i would recommend you to type with both your hands on the keyboard

NOT with one hand while the other is holding something(u know)...

I do accept India as a rising power, U(china) are already asia's super power.
I donot and will never agree with you when you say India or China is going to overtake USA as the world's superpower..

When exactly did China become a superpower.?
was it when China said it did?
was it when the media said it did?
was it when the US public grew scared and said it did because they perceive it it as a threat to their dominance?
Or was it when they did?, no it inst a super power.

Its a regional power, and an emerging super power.

Its not a super power yet, but its on its way.

let me repeat my previous post: when China/India's GDP per capita is equal to the standard of Mexico, the US will just be another UK.

please note, we are talking about the standard of Mexico in terms of GDP per capita.

^Ignore the troll. None of my Chinese friends are like him.

ISRO chief to head International Academy of Astronautics

August 31, 2009 16:03 IST
Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman G Madhavan Nair is all set to become the first non-American to head the International Academy of Astronautics.

The formal announcement was made on Monday by IAA secretary general J M Contant during an international conference on low cost planetary mission in Panaji.

"Its a great honour. All these years Americans chaired the post, first time a non-American, that too an Indian, is elected is a matter of great honour," Nair told PTI after the announcement.

Nair will formally take over the post during the International Astronautical Congress scheduled to be held in Korea this October. Nair, whose term is for two years, was elected by 94 member countries through postal ballot. IAA was founded in Sweden's capital Stockholm on August 16, 1960.

let me repeat my previous post: when China/India's GDP per capita is equal to the standard of Mexico, the US will just be another UK.

please note, we are talking about the standard of Mexico in terms of GDP per capita.

Qatar's GDP per capita is way above the US right now...does that mean Qatar is a superior power?

Dear Chinese Friend

We understand China is super power... India is no match to it (today)... so what?

Do you want every one around you to beg to you and align to you... First of all you have to understand there is some thing called

Mother Nature.. and China is playing very hard with her.. And she is the only super power. She can shake any big city to dust.

again India is not any exception ..

Chinese has done some great things in space science ; that doesnt mean others should sit and watch what china is doing.

India has 700 million poors; yes we agree but by applying information from space science we are able to acchive atleast 1% improvement on their lives.. we consider it good.

and we are not wasting money on ISRO as you guys claim. for every $1 spent on isro it returns back $2 to the counrty + lot of other valuable info to uplift poor.. that is more than 100% return

if your point is "Future is Only with China" ; well :coffee: .. continue your :taz:

after 20 years your will see .

The basic fact that you guys dont like India ; this shows how fearful you are with Inida..

I tell you dont get much scared ...:smokin: and dont put your hate words in all thread..

When exactly did China become a superpower.?
was it when China said it did?
was it when the media said it did?
was it when the US public grew scared and said it did because they perceive it it as a threat to their dominance?
Or was it when they did?, no it inst a super power.

Its a regional power, and an emerging super power.

Its not a super power yet, but its on its way.

Chill brother, I meant exactly what u have opined.
Just termed it as asia's superpower.
pls if u still feel what i have said is inappropraite, I stand to be corrected:usflag:

ISRO Mars Orbiter to search for ground water

August 31, 2009, (Sawf News) - The Indian Mars Orbiter will join the international effort in assessing the suitability of Mars to life by searching for groundwater on trapped in aquifers on the planet for thousands of years.

The 500kg orbiter will also study the effect of solar wind on the Mars' atmosphere and its surface magnetic field.

ISRO is planning to launch the Mars orbiter using a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The Indian Government has sanctioned seed money of Rs 10 crore to carry out various studies on experiments to be conducted.

Mission studies have been completed and ISRO has invited scientific payload proposals from agencies all over the world.

"We have given a call to international agencies to submit their proposals. We will be able to plan our mission depending on the type of experiments they propose to conduct," ISRO Chief G Madhavan Nair said on Monday, August 31, at the start of the Eight International Conference on Low Cost Planetary Missions in Panaji.

ISRO is looking at a launch window between 2013-2015.

American astronautical society award for Chandrayaan-1 team

http://www.domain-b.com/aero/aero_general/20090901_chandrayaan1_oneView.html

The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) has selected ISRO's Chandrayaan-1 mission as one of the recipient's of its annual, AIAA SPACE 2009, awards, which recognize key contributions to space science and technology.

The awards will be presented on 16 September as part of the AIAA SPACE 2009 Conference & Exposition, 14 September, at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena, California.

The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is a professional society for the field of aerospace engineering and was founded in 1963 from the merger of two earlier societies: the American Rocket Society (ARS), founded in 1930 as the American Interplanetary Society (AIS), and the Institute of Aerospace Sciences (IAS), founded in 1932 as the Institute of Aeronautical Sciences.

The AIAA is the US representative on the International Astronautical Federation and the International Council on the Aeronautical Sciences.

As of 2004, the AIAA has more than 35,000 members and despite its name, it has members among aerospace professionals worldwide.

A release from the institute said the Chandrayaan-1 mission, India Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bangalore, India, will receive the AIAA 2009 Space Systems Award.

Mylaswamy Annadurai, project director, ISRO headquarters, will accept the award on behalf of the team, which is being honoured for its outstanding accomplishments in the design, development, launch and operations of India's first scientific mission, Chandrayaan-1, operating beyond earth's orbit.

The institute will also honour Gird Hirzinger, director, Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics the DLR German Aerospace Center with the 2009 Space Automation and Robotics Award. Hirzinger is being honoured for his outstanding contributions in the field of space automation and robotics, especially for his establishment and leadership of the Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics at the DLR German Aerospace Center, and his work on the ROTEX, GETEX, and ROKVISS space robotic programs.

The Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS-I) Recovery Team, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., and Boeing Space and Intelligent Systems, El Segundo, Calif., will receive the AIAA 2009 Space Operations and Support Award.

Jeffery Gamling, NASA Recovery Team Lead, and Douglas Bender, Boeing Space and Intelligent Systems Recovery Team Lead, will accept the award on behalf of both teams.

The teams are being honoured for their outstanding efforts, innovation and outstanding accomplishments in the recovery of the TDRS-I satellite from its geosynchronous transfer orbit to its placement into the intended orbit resulting in its successful operation supporting spacecraft communications.

The institute will also honour Kenneth Lipartito, professor of history at the Florida International University, Miami, Fla., and Orville Butler, associate historian at the Center for History of Physics at the American Institute of Physics, College Park, Md., with the AIAA 2009 Gardner-Lasser Aerospace History Award.

Lipartito and Butler are being honoured for their work entitled ''A History of the Kennedy Space Center.''

The AIAA SPACE 2009 Conference and Exhibition is co-chaired by NASA and the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, and sponsored by Orbital Sciences Corporation and Lockheed Martin Corporation.

Additional sponsors include The Boeing Company, SpaceX, United Space Alliance, Stellar Solutions, Ball Aerospace Technologies, Harris Corporation, and The Aerospace Corporation.

:usflag::usflag::cheers::tup::usflag:

Chandrayaan 2 Design Completed-Expected to be operational in the next two years

The Indian space program got another shot in the arm with the initial design phase of the Chandrayaan 2 being completed. While this is just the beginning of what is arguably India's most ambitious space project ever, the success of the design phase in itself is an achievement mainly because of its inherent complexity.
The Chandrayaan 2 mission will consist of a lunar rover that will be dropped on to the lunar surface once the craft reaches the lunar orbit. The main duty of the rover would be to collect and analyze lunar soil and transmit the data back to the data centers on earth. Pertinent to note here is the fact that while the spacecraft would be indigenously made, the lunar rover will be made by Russia.

The Chandrayaan 2 is expected to be operational in the next two years, after the life of the existing Chandrayaan 1 almost comes to an end. India had launched the Chandrayaan 1 in October 2008. Already a successful mission, it had been recently hit by a technical snag that jeopardized its operations. However, the Chandrayaan 1 has already accomplished 95 percent of the objectives assigned to it. Another thing to note is that the Chandrayaan 1 will augment the Lunar landing of the rover as the scientists are using data obtained from the Chandrayaan 1 to decide on the perfect landing schedule for the lunar rover.

Now that the design phase is over, we would be seeing a prototype of the Chandrayaan 2 soon. In the next two years, work on the spacecraft is expected to continue at a steady pace till the day of the launch.
b3963fdaddde3b00f9907cee59c8a695.gif
:yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom