What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

HSF-6.jpg

HSF-5.jpg

HSF-2.jpg

Is this the Indian civillian version of the X-37B (USAF space command) and Chinese Shenlong?

Is this the Indian civillian version of the Chinese shenlong and USAF X-37B spacecraft?

That one is the technology demonstrator for Reusable launch vehicle.This one below is the real one that will be used to launch satellites.
ISRO is already in process of developing the Engines - a 2000 kN semi cryo & 600 kN cryo engine.

scaledhp

TSTO%20Concept.jpg

TSTO.jpg

For more http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...launch-vehicle-rlv-td-test-flight-2013-a.html

Is this the Indian civillian version of the X-37B (USAF space command) and Chinese Shenlong?

Is this the Indian civillian version of the Chinese shenlong and USAF X-37B spacecraft?

No and yes. No because the intended goal of this TD vehicle is to develop a reusable glide back booster for RLV. Yes because the TD can easily be converted into something like the USAF X-37B.

Phased Array Prototype

50 cm x 50 cm object size at a slant range of 1000 km
30 cm x 30 cm object size at a slant range of 800 km

5ors.jpg

Are the stated detection ranges already achieved? Got any write up on this? How tight is the resolution and noise level reduction?

Its a liquid cooled radar, how did ISRO get the liquid cooling challenges done with before CABS/DRDO?:cheesy:
@gambit doesn't look like a liquid cooled system, does it? Since mine amateur eyes can't gauge anything could you perhaps be of some assistance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the stated detection ranges already achieved? Got any write up on this? How tight is the resolution and noise level reduction?

Its a liquid cooled radar, how did ISRO get the liquid cooling challenges done with before CABS/DRDO?:cheesy:
@gambit doesn't look like a liquid cooled system, does it? Since mine amateur eyes can't gauge anything could you perhaps be of some assistance?
Pic is a bit small to make out the details but it looks to me like a typical poled (di- or mono-) system. These are usually much larger than solid state systems that are compacted for airborne use. Poled designs do not need liquid cooling but then higher power poled systems may. It all depends on power out.

Pic is a bit small to make out the details but it looks to me like a typical poled (di- or mono-) system. These are usually much larger than solid state systems that are compacted for airborne use. Poled designs do not need liquid cooling but then higher power poled systems may. It all depends on power out.

This apparently is a L-band active electronically scanned array radar. To the best of my knowledge, so far we have only an operational air cooled S-band AESA for the AEW&C designed and built by us, liquid cooling solutions are yet to be seen in any existing indigenous AESA sensor.

Phased Array Prototype

50 cm x 50 cm object size at a slant range of 1000 km
30 cm x 30 cm object size at a slant range of 800 km

5ors.jpg

I don't know yet what wavelength this radar operates in, but it certainly appears to be tracking
targets in the air (obviously).

If I still remember some maths, 50cm x 50cm makes for an object that is 0.5 square meters in size, are the figures concerning
detection range or tracking range?

The radar appears to be for space applications, which means it has to be able to track it's targets as
early as possible after detection is achieved.

@gambit Ideally how much time does it take to graduate from air cooled systems to liquid cooled ones? Is it a very complex process?

This apparently is a L-band active electronically scanned array radar. To the best of my knowledge, so far we have only an operational air cooled S-band AESA for the AEW&C designed and built by us, liquid cooling solutions are yet to be seen in any existing indigenous AESA sensor.
The L-band is often used for poled designs.

Russian / PLA Low Band Surveillance Radar Systems (Counter Low Observable Technology Radars)

The APA source above have a few good pics of a typical poled array. Disregard the claim to be good against 'stealth'. They have their opinions and I have mine. We will just have to wait for an actual engagement to know for certain.

The L-band is often used for poled designs.

Russian / PLA Low Band Surveillance Radar Systems (Counter Low Observable Technology Radars)

The APA source above have a few good pics of a typical poled array. Disregard the claim to be good against 'stealth'. They have their opinions and I have mine. We will just have to wait for an actual engagement to know for certain.

You will have to excuse my ignorance.:ashamed: What is the difference between a poled AESA and an Israeli Greenpine like AESA?

@gambit Ideally how much time does it take to graduate from air cooled systems to liquid cooled ones? Is it a very complex process?
Yes, it is.

If you want to talk about a true and pure indigenous design, look at approximately 10 yrs, from R/D to deployment, assuming you have all the necessary components of high quality and we are talking about down to how to manufacture solid state components. Right now, Iran or even the Saudis can have a true indigenous poled array design.

Yes, it is.

If you want to talk about a true and pure indigenous design, look at approximately 10 yrs, from R/D to deployment, assuming you have all the necessary components of high quality and we are talking about down to how to manufacture solid state components. Right now, Iran or even the Saudis can have a true indigenous poled array design.

The thing is we have already manufactured the TRMs and MMIC for S-band and X-band. But our first operational system is an air cooled one.

DRDO-designed+S-band+TRMM-1.jpg

DRDO-designed+S-band+TRMM-2.jpg

EMB-145I+AEW+&+CS-13.jpg

Source of images- TRISHUL: EMB-145I AEW & CS Walkaround

From this to a compact X-band AESA for fighter aircrafts will take 10 years, right?

@gambit

The above developments went into the L-star sensor-

L-Star%2Bradar.jpg

Which has been used then it the Indigenous AEW&C program-

iaf+indian+air+force+flight+operational+ERJ-145+indigenous+Airborne+Warning+and+Control+System+%2528AEW%2526C%2529+EMB-145I++brazilianarray+antenna+unit+%2528AAU%2529radar+%25281%2529.jpg

SO HOW FAR BEHIND WOULD YOU SAY WE ARE, A DECADE PERHAPS TWO?

Back
Top Bottom