What's new

Indian Space mission clears lab test

1nd1a

Reaction score
images

The IAF’s Institute of Aerospace Medicine (IAM), which would be entrusted with the crucial role of screening and selecting the astronauts for the country’s maiden human space flight mission, has already initiated the ground work by developing state-of-the-art laboratories.

The Bangalore-based institute, which was an integral part of the Indo-Soviet manned space flight in the 1980’s, has developed various laboratories that can be used for screening potential astronauts. The institute also played a role in the medical monitoring team of India’s only cosmonaut Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma.

The department of space and environment physiology has developed three laboratories, comprising the thermal chamber, micro gravity simulation, and lower body negative pressure (LBNP) laboratories. At the thermal chamber, temperature can be simulated to very high and low temperatures, which the astronauts could encounter during the mission.

During the mission, the space craft would rotate around the earth about 16 times and the astronauts would be exposed to varying temperatures from minus to 60 plus degree centigrade.

:sniper:

personally i dont think we should be spending so much on a manned space mission...this is a mere ego boosting exercise...

instead we should be using the resources in building more powerful boosters and cryogenic engines and hope to become the commercial satellite launcher for the world in a cost effective way......

but that is just my opinion....

personally i dont think we should be spending so much on a manned space mission...this is a mere ego boosting exercise...

instead we should be using the resources in building more powerful boosters and cryogenic engines and hope to become the commercial satellite launcher for the world in a cost effective way......

but that is just my opinion....

I couldn't agree more with you. However, its time to show what we can do if we are forced to do. Moreover in order to test our developed technology we have to use them otherwise how can we be sure that it will work when needed.

Any Thoughts!!!

that's good on track...just love ISRO performance

I think they are the only one who delivers quality within specified period of time.

:sniper:

That is good progress but GoI has lowered interest in human space flight, which may delay the project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom