What's new

Indian teacher stunned by $10bln bank balance

Pak123

Reaction score
KOLKATA: An Indian high school teacher, with a monthly salary of around $700, was astounded when a routine online check of his bank account showed a balance of almost $10 billion.

Parijat Saha, from the town of Balurghat in West Bengal state, said he had checked his State Bank of India account online last Sunday to confirm reception of a 10,000 rupee ($200) interest payment.

"Instead I saw this astronomical amount," he told.

The account showed a balance of 496 billion rupees.

After recovering from the initial shock at becoming an overnight billionaire - at least on paper - Saha, 42, said he immediately called a friend he knew at the bank to point out what was obviously a major accounting error.

The State Bank of India said it was not immediately clear how the amount came to be registered in Saha's account.

"We are trying to ascertain what went wrong," said local branch manager Subhashish Karmakar.

"We have informed our regional headquarters in Kolkata and national headquarters in Mumbai," he said.

Indian teacher stunned by $10bln bank balance

What's the law if the teacher decided to withdraw and disappear? Or can one actually withdraw that much?

He should have withdrawn substantial amount and taken the next flight to Dubai with the money.

What's the law if the teacher decided to withdraw and disappear? Or can one actually withdraw that much?
no one can withdraw 10bln$ at once obviously if he does that people in the income tax department will be after his life

^^
Not the amount which is mentioned but at least he could have withdrawn 20 or may be 30 million, still would have served him good prolonged years considering his salary was 700$ !

do not claim what that does not belong to you, not many people these days in internet forum and in real life do not cultivate moral values of honesty, and being good to themselves and to the people around them.

People who sugest a withdraw and elope, please grow up

do not claim what that does not belong to you, not many people these days in internet forum and in real life do not cultivate moral values of honesty, and being good to themselves and to the people around them.

People who sugest a withdraw and elope, please grow up

i beleive in punishing the banks whenever you can,,,
they are responsible for the global economic mess the world is suffering...including food price hike

I would hate to be that person......that bank calls up and tells you that it was an accounting error.

I know Accountants suck at Math but this is a whole new level.....:rofl:

Looks like the guy doing the transactions was like me... lol ... no wonder i left acca..... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom