Indian Uavs

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
<div class='bbimg'></div>

Look at these Indian UAVs. They are pretty different from Pakistani UAVs, but i am not sure if all of them are indegious, but i think this "nishant" UAV is indegious. I have even seen a UAV called "Lakshya" many times in google search engine.

Seeing by the looks i must say that they are not your normal kind of UAV&#39;s.Either india has people with a really wild imaganition or they just wanted to make fun of them selves.

Nishant and Lakshya is indigeneous and have been inducted &#33;&#33;&#33; :yeah:

Others in your image are prototype/testing UAVs of DrDO and HAL &#33;&#33; AeroNautics is an Israeli company whose UAVs were in demonstration in DEFEXPO &#33;&#33;

Nishant is a day/night capable UAV with pan cameras , thermal imagery and possibly some radar imagery also &#33;&#33; :youknowme:

Lakshya is a target drone for IAF and anti aircraft/missile crews of army,navy &#33;&#33;

:rolleyes:

Lakshya doesn&#39;t look to be heavy to carry sidewinders or R series.

i have heard that indian uavs make a lot of sound while flying :Ledsen_Gubbe: and are often been shot down in kashmir :(
guys no joke its 100% true

Hey Hawk, nice to meet u &#33;&#33; R u OK after those disasters ???

Originally posted by Vision Hawk+Oct 18 2005, 02:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vision Hawk &#064; Oct 18 2005, 02:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have heard that indian uavs make a lot of sound while flying :Ledsen_Gubbe: and are often been shot down in kashmir :(
guys no joke its 100% true
[post=968]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Maybe, but no Indian made UAV has been shot so far &#33;&#33; Previously one Israeli UAV was shot down &#33;&#33;&#33; :Ledsen_Gubbe:
Those noisy ones must be some some prototype uavs or some which intentionally make noise to check the readiness of Pakistani soldiers .

<!--QuoteBegin-Web Master
@Oct 18 2005, 12:13 PM
Lakshya doesn&#39;t look to be heavy to carry sidewinders or R series.
[post=967]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Lakshya is a target drone , not a UCAV &#33;&#33; :blush:
However there were reports that Lakshya might be converted to a short range high presicion cruise missile or a kamikaze UAV &#33;&#33;

Is Lakshya and Nishant capable of shooting down ground targets?

Originally posted by Web Master@Oct 19 2005, 03:48 AM
Is Lakshya and Nishant capable of shooting down ground targets?
[post=1008]Quoted post[/post]​

I said they are not UCAVS &#33;&#33; They can&#39;t carry weapons &#33;&#33; Lakshya is for target practice and Nishant for survillance &#33;&#33;

I donno if there is any UCAV under research &#33;&#33; Also Lakshya can be converted into a cruise missile .

I&#39;ll later post abt Israeli UAVs in Indian inventory &#33;&#33;&#33; :victory:

Then why does Lakshya above has missiles in the above picture? Or are they fuel tanks.. lol?

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 19 2005, 08:27 PM
Then why does Lakshya above has missiles in the above picture? Or are they fuel tanks.. lol?
[post=1027]Quoted post[/post]​

They are booster rockets &#33;

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 22 2005, 05:43 AM
What does booster rockets do, and how do they get launched?
[post=1120]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually they are expendable target rockets &#33;&#33;&#33; :laughing:

Lakshya releases them at certain height and trainee pilots practice their firing on them &#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Arjun@Oct 23 2005, 07:53 AM
Actually they are expendable target rockets &#33;&#33;&#33; :laughing:

Lakshya releases them at certain height and trainee pilots practice their firing on them &#33;&#33;&#33;
[post=1152]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what i thought. :cheers:

In 1996, an agreement between Israel and India saw the procurement of nearly 32 UAVs of the Searcher-II Variant manufactured by IAI-Malat. These were inducted into the Indian Army as well as the Indian Air Force. Subsequently some IAI Herons

This is a UAV that India acquired from Israel..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom