What's new

India's arguments on Kashmir why they don't want to hold a plebiscite

As for power/might, India no doubt does have significant economic and diplomatic clout globally, but it is not strong enough to bend international rules/law in its favor. Despite India's persistent efforts to the contrary, Kashmir remains on the agenda of the UN Security Council as a disputed territory whose final accession to India or Pakistan is yet to be decided in accordance with the will of the people of Kashmir. UNMOGIP still maintains its presence in the region.

I am afraid that is all for show.

India is trying to use settler-colonialism as a way to genocide Kashmiris and working to put the demographic in their favor.

Such is indeed India's approach in Kashmir, but this isn't their public stance/argument.
We Indians love real estate. You ask any Indian, his first choice of investing is likely to be either a plot of land or a house. People are passionate about owning a property. They can also go to any lengths to safeguard it’s ownership. Court cases, lethal force, forgery etc are used by many to acquire a lucrative piece of property. Pure madness, which is beyond comprehension.

There was firing between police personnel of two states within India, as there was a doubt about the state boundary. Why the hell did it matter? Manipur violence also had elements of this due to doubts about one community likely to eclipse the other by buying properties.

The public perception of Indians towards Kashmir could be influenced by the same desire to own and control a property. How can someone force me out of my property, could be the view of the masses, rather than looking at an elevated perception of a political or religious conflict. Hence, these could be just peripheral perceptions and not the main one’s for the masses.

UN resolution could have been enforced till late 60s, maybe. Till then plebiscite was an Indian consideration too. Though reluctantly but it was. Not anymore. The ground realities have changed drastically.

Paksiatn can forget about Kashmir, atleast for next few lifetimes. What happens later? No one knows, what future holds. Maybe future generations would be more wise and find a peaceful solution.

Last edited:

Uplift of Kashmiris: AJK PM speaks about criticality of region’s hydro-power potential

Considering economic situation in Pakistan, he should have approched Indian Govt.

I think Indian parliament unanimously put forward opportunities and advantages of for joining to Indian Republic rather than staying with economic & politically unstable Pakistan.

That may end long standing border issues of both countries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom