What's new

India's arguments on Kashmir why they don't want to hold a plebiscite

You didn't have to copy paste the entire UNCIP resolution desperately trying to defend the indefensible Indian position regarding those Resolutions. Read my post again, carefully. I have quoted UNCIP itself, not my personal opinion or Pakistani POV. The UNCIP had made it clear that there was to be a relation between further withdrawal of Pakistani forces and the withdrawal of the bulk of the Indian forces. Pakistan was under no obligation to withdraw it's forces unilaterally and unconditionally. Read it again, and again until you comprehend this simple fact
Use your own prescribtion and read it slowly. it is sequential.

Again, using bright and large fonts won't prove you right. The ceasefire you are talking about had come into effect even before the passing of the 5th Jan 1949 Resolution. Ceasefire line was also established following it and the same ceasefire line (LOC) continues to exist even today. The UN still maintains its military observers (UNMOGIP) in the region to observe ceasefire line (and violations) as agreed upon by both countries in 1949.

You need to do you homework first if you want to participate in serious debates on this topic

Should be reported to the UN. They keep their military observers in the region for this very reason.
that is the same ceasefire line that you violated in 65 and 99. Bright fonts because simple sentences seem to be incomprehensible to you. This is getting boring, get a better line of argument and come back

India's argument is that no matter what it does, you can't do shit about it.

Whether you deem it immoral or illegal they have the power, economy, influence and military to do it.

You have chronic incompetency, corruption, nepotism, and a failing economy. You can only bitch.

Only thing that matters is power. Might is right.

Whether you deem it immoral or illegal they have the power, economy, influence and military to do it.

You have chronic incompetency, corruption, nepotism, and a failing economy. You can only bitch.

Yes, but the United Nations and world opinion sees Kashmir as disputed territory, and plebiscite is what everyone agreed upon.

So you are not 100% correct on this matter. We do not live by law of the jungle.

Yes, but the United Nations and world opinion sees Kashmir as disputed territory, and plebiscite is what everyone agreed upon.

So you are not 100% correct on this matter. We do not live by law of the jungle.
The law of the jungle is the only absolute law.

The very laws that you are relying on are established and sustained through the above. And they are political instruments to achieve vested interests, not genuinely settle issues.

Indians were and still are Hindus. They never accepted slavery and fought fiercely against Islam. Pakistanis cowered in the face of Islamic invaders and adopted Islam, and now you shamelessly claim to be Arabs. Afghans Mongoloids and Persians
India will be the home and cultural identity of Hindus..If at point of time its identity is impacted, people will react.

Well, did everyone follow rule of law?

Well, I'm of the opinion that its apt time for India to take initiative for a plebiscite and end this matter for once and for all... This will be helpful to both India & Pakistan.

I am not even posting the so called propaganda threads from Indian Kashmir.

Well, I'm of the opinion that its apt time for India to take initiative for a plebiscite and end this matter for once and for all... This will be helpful to both India & Pakistan.

I’d wait for a civil war. Not too far now.

I do not wish for such a bleak future for the Pakistani general populace and really hope that they can come out of this current catastrophe with as little harm as possible. I have many Pakistani friends with whom I have a good connection and hence deep empathy. However, Pakistani awam do have to carry out root cause analysis and root out all the choorans that has been fed to them for 75 odd years (including Kashmir banega Pakistan), which is, unfortunately, embedded in most of their genes.

Last edited:

Plebisicte is just a means to spread anti-Indian means by Pakistan. Kashmir's separation factor is just the beginning of undermining Hindus and their culture, it is not an end to its obsession with Pakistan about India. And that is exactly the problem for which, India should do everything that suits our interest wrt to the Kashmir issue.

You have a misconception that India is rigid about its stance because of our stature in the last 20 years. But you are missing a bigger point here. Even though India was comparatively poorer than today, less influential, and similar to Pakistan with its influence on the global stage from 1950 to 1989, never compromised its core stance wrt to the Kashmir issue. So it is not about a comparison between who is more powerful than each other, rather the collective willpower of India as a nation, forces our politicians to avoid conceding anything in existing J&K that is in our control. Even Pakistan knows about it. The best possible scenario would be to convey LOC to IB and move on to future generations.

I think its already started

'Electric shock': Pakistan plunges into crisis again as thousands refuse to pay high electricity bills; protests erupt in Peshawar, Rawalpindi​

Such is indeed India's approach in Kashmir, but this isn't their public stance/argument. Instead, they try to shift blame onto Pakistan for hindering a UN-backed plebiscite in Kashmir, inaccurately asserting that Pakistan's unconditional withdrawal of forces was a necessary precondition—an assertion not validated by the UN. And that, precisely, is what this thread/discussion is about

As for power/might, India no doubt does have significant economic and diplomatic clout globally, but it is not strong enough to bend international rules/law in its favor. Despite India's persistent efforts to the contrary, Kashmir remains on the agenda of the UN Security Council as a disputed territory whose final accession to India or Pakistan is yet to be decided in accordance with the will of the people of Kashmir. UNMOGIP still maintains its presence in the region.

Last edited:
As for power/might, India no doubt does have significant economic and diplomatic clout globally, but it is not strong enough to bend international rules/law in its favor.
As time goes on the balance only continues to grow in India's favour.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom