What's new

India's cultural aggression (Hindi & Bengali serial) - RTV report (Bengali)

than u add 1 more to the list...:D
I have watched not only all the episodes that where aired in India atleast twice but also those which where never aired in India including some DBZ movies...:lol:
DBZ is hell of an addiction i tell u when i was in school it was all over everybody's mind i tell u....:)
I belong to older generation where only Doordarshan was the only channel. :D

When cable came, I was in serious studies. :D

lol....u really missed a hell of a things but i can say that u guys were lucky as u didn't had so many distractions(including PDF:D) during ur studies...:lol:

lol....u really missed a hell of a things but i can say that u guys were lucky as u didn't had so many distractions(including PDF:D) during ur studies...:lol:
We had Sachin, Gilli Danda, Cricket, Video games of first generation, Bicycle rides etc.

We had Sachin, Gilli Danda, Cricket, Video games of first generation, Bicycle rides etc.

i ain't that young too brthr i have also done a lot of cycling n played a lot of video games during my early childhood specially Contra n Mario:lol:
Sachin is a legend so no words for that we all have see him playing...:agree:

But as far as Gilli Danda is concerned i played it during very early childhood but i don't rem that exactly...:lol:

i ain't that young too brthr i have also done a lot of cycling n played a lot of video games during my early childhood specially Contra n Mario:lol:
Sachin is a legend so no words for that we all have see him playing...:agree:

But as far as Gilli Danda is concerned i played it during very early childhood but i don't rem that exactly...:lol:
Than we are nearly in same age group.

I used to finish Contra with 33 lives. It starts at 30 and if you finish all 8 stages without dying, you can get maximum 3 extra life. :D

Same here - Ofcourse my father being a professor refused to buy a TV until we(my brother and myself) moved to hostels when he got bored and bought a TV right at the beginning of the Cable TV age. So I can say I grew up even without Doordarshan except would watch cricket matches and hockey matches at friends' place but even that is not sure unless there are clear skies. :lol:

I used to finish Contra with 33 lives. It starts at 30 and if you finish all 8 stages without dying, you can get maximum 3 extra life. :D

i don't rem that exactly as i was pretty young at that time but i rem it was Contra all over where ever i go to my friends home or my cousins place everybody used to play Contra like hell...:lol:

its a funny thing to talk about all that know but back then it was serious business n everybody wanted to be a champ at Contra n mario at any cost...:D

Same here - Ofcourse my father being a professor refused to buy a TV until we(my brother and myself) moved to hostels when he got bored and bought a TV right at the beginning of the Cable TV age. So I can say I grew up even without Doordarshan except would watch cricket matches and hockey matches at friends' place but even that is not sure unless there are clear skies. :lol:
I can understand. We lived in such remote places where even with 30 foot antenna wouldn't catch signals on a clear day. Used to bring VHS movies and only available ones were Santoshi Maa and other religious movies. :lol:

But played a lot on farm, trees and street. You played Sitolia ?

I never went past stage 4 :hitwall: i remember playing alot of games back in the late 90's but forgot the names though :cry: those were some badass and hard games :D

I can understand. We lived in such remote places where even with 30 foot antenna wouldn't catch signals on a clear day. Used to bring VHS movies and only available ones were Santoshi Maa and other religious movies. :lol:

even i used to play a lot of Sitolia n that other game i don't rem its name but it was like u through a stone on floor n boxes r drawn on floor u have to go jumping around one leg n get the stone, do u rem its name????

btw any of u guys played kho-kho ???
we used to play a lot of kho-kho at school, the whole class together it was real fun....:lol:

Played Sitolia with a variation at school - It was usually Anglo-Indians vs Indians but no of players unrestricted and most times Indians dominate due to their sheer nos :lol: - But being 3 brothers, we had quarter of a cricket team and rest of the players are easy to get. Else we used to play hockey which is a big time sport at my school(played for district hockey under-16) and so we would play the same in the neighbourhood.

even i used to play a lot of Sitolia n that other game i don't rem its name but it was like u through a stone on floor n boxes r drawn on floor u have to go jumping around one leg n get the stone, do u rem its name????
btw any of u guys played kho-kho ???
we used to play a lot of kho-kho at school, the whole class together it was real fun....:lol:
We called it Kabba. Champ in that. Had to play when there were no friends, only sister. Its helping me now as I have been hopping on one leg. :D

Kho-Kho, best game. We used to beat girls in this game in school days.

Gilhari Chance is also one of the game. Used to play along with cricket. When our side was batting, we used to go to play gilhari chance. :D

We called it Kabba. Champ in that. Had to play when there were no friends, only sister. Its helping me now as I have been hopping on one leg. :D

Gilhari Chance is also one of the game. Used to play along with cricket. When our side was batting, we used to go to play gilhari chance. :D

i don't think we used to call that Kabba but anyways it was a nice game n i simply don't have any idea whats Gilhari Chance is all about, maybe we do have some gen gap...:lol:

but anyways it was all fun but looks like here is another cultural aggression being taking place in this thread by Indians we have literally hijacked this thread by our childhood memories...:toast_sign:

You were a naughty kid, i see :D

Hahaha - missed this part bro - I used to play basketball with girls but because my sweet heart used to play the game and I would try to create an impression. :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom