What's new

India’s English Advantage Is Slipping

I too learned a bit of French in school too. Hated it.

Haha I actually got a pretty good grade in my French class.

Yet if I was injured in France, and I was trying to talk to an EMT, I wouldn't be able to speak enough French to even save my life. :P (Luckily French people can usually understand English pretty well.)

Being multilingual in today's world is important. I think it's harder for a English speaker to learn Chinese although its equally tough other way round.

English is the easiest language, I remember when I had an admit from Nanjing University in 2012, I thought about learning Chinese. Gave up within a week.

Haha I actually got a pretty good grade in my French class.

Yet if I was injured in France, and I was trying to talk to an EMT, I wouldn't be able to speak enough French to even save my life. :P (Luckily French people can usually understand English pretty well.)
I remember trying to speak English to some French in France, he looked very angry :lol: Never again!

India had advantage in international investing because o the English knowledge.

Recently Hindi politicians are attempting to discard English saying it is alien. This would have negative impact economically

India had advantage in international investing because o the English knowledge.
I don't agree, we don't have much English advantage compared to India, but we have got a lot of international investment.

Learning English is fine, but, wouldn't try another language, would be a waste of time.
You're right
:cheers:

Investments in China are mainly low-level manufacturing but investments in India are in technical support, medical etc. These jobs require English. It is also no wonder main centers are in South like Bengaluru and Chennai

Investments in China are mainly low-level manufacturing but investments in India are in technical support, medical etc. These jobs require English. It is also no wonder main centers are in South like Bengaluru and Chennai
I think you should upgrade your knowledge.
:crazy::sarcastic:

Last edited:

Yeah right, like those super HI-tech "CALL CENTERS"
No wonder you Indians are the reigning "EXPORT CHAMPION" of "TALKS" thanks to your cheap call centers :lol:

You Indians calling my phone trying to sell me a phone, even though I already have one, despite telling them I already have a phone. with your stupid accent, calling yourselves "James" or some other Anglo name makes me laugh. :lol:
That is not English, I barely understand a word being said. :victory:

English is the easiest language, I remember when I had an admit from Nanjing University in 2012, I thought about learning Chinese. Gave up within a week.

For an Indo-European language speaker, like Indian, Bangladeshi, Iranian, Pakistani, Kurd etc. sure English (an Indo-European language itself) is easier to learn than Chinese or Japanese.

For an average Vietnamese, Chinese language is the easiest language to learn how to speak (not how to write though). 6 month to one year is enough for a beginner. Khmer and Thai are also quite easy.

I guess for Turkish and other Turkic people, Korean and Japanese may be the languages they can master easily (same Altaic language family).

English is just a tool for us to communicate with foreigners and to understand the world.It's just a tool

you learn a language , you learn a culture ,it becomes easier to do business,it becomes easier to understand people ., it becomes easier to understand the world ....and a multitude of other things ...

I am in my late 20s currently, and in Ten years or so ,by the time I am 40, I want to master German ( Currently b1) , French ( currently a2) , Spanish ( Currently b1) , Japanese( Beginner) and Mandarin ( Beginner).. ..

you learn a language , you learn a culture ,it becomes easier to do business,it becomes easier to understand people .,it helps you relate to complex literature,it helps you elevate yourself philosophically , it becomes easier to understand the world ....and a multitude of other things ...

I am in my late 20s currently, and in Ten years or so ,by the time I am 40, I want to master German ( Currently b1) , French ( currently a2) , Spanish ( Currently b1) , Japanese( Beginner) and Mandarin ( Beginner).. ..

Japanese and Korean doesn't sound easy languages to me. :lol:
Should give it a go someday though...

I am a beginner in japanese, and I was amazed at how structurally similar japanese is to my mother tongue Tamil ...I merely need to make a literal translation of Tamil sentences to speak Japanese fluently , the sentence structure is identical ...

For an Indo-European language speaker, like Indian, Bangladeshi, Iranian, Pakistani, Kurd etc. sure English (an Indo-European language itself) is easier to learn than Chinese or Japanese.

For an average Vietnamese, Chinese language is the easiest language to learn how to speak (not how to write though). 6 month to one year is enough for a beginner. Khmer and Thai are also quite easy.

I guess for Turkish and other Turkic people, Korean and Japanese may be the languages they can master easily (same Altaic language family).
Japanese and Korean doesn't sound easy languages to me. :lol:
Should give it a go someday though...

you learn a language , you learn a culture ,it becomes easier to do business,it becomes easier to understand people ., it becomes easier to understand the world ....and a multitude of other things ...

:lol::lol:We are not professional personnel, we have other work to do, not so much time to learn more of the language, perhaps your life time is relatively abundant, you can have more time to learn other languages, but in China everyone's life is very busy, we are really not so much the time to learn other languages

Back
Top Bottom