What's new

India's First Mono-Rail Service All Set to be Launched

I think it's time to concentrate on the deplorable state of roads in Mumbai and improve the road transport system instead of grandiose hi fi projects like the mono rail etc that can carry less than 1% of the commuting public! This is what I mean.....It sucks!

mumbai-potholes_248.jpg

We've got our priorities all mixed up.

I think you have all your facts Mixed Up.

Vehicle density in India is 20 in 1000 or in other words, 0.02%. That means only 0.02 % of the population drives cars, so we are actually building these expensive Roads for the elite 0.02% of our population. :lol:

Public transport is used by AT LEAST 60% of the urban population.

You have a problem with spending money for that 60% of the population but would rather spend for that 0.02% ? LOL. Kindly pull you head out of your @ss.

that bike looks unique and will have a tracking number I guess.

That method sounds too simplistic. How different can a bike look !!! and even if it gets stolen which cop is going to spend his time searching for a missing public bicycle !!!!!

Tracking numbers can be easily erased. It has to be something more.

Many of them do. and they have many more.
San Francisco, where I live has a metro, tram system, bus service, Ferry service, train service, taxi, public bicycle system and a few other options catering tourists.

Lucky!!!!

San Francisco is the best city of California. Way better than even LA..San Diego perhaps comes close...

What is with this massive chinese inferiority complex that they have to drag in china every-time India is mentioned ? :lol:

Mumbai will now have 6 different methods of public transport,

1. Mono Rail
2. Metro Rail
3. Local train
4. Public buses (A/C and non A/c)
5. Taxi service
6. Auto service

Is there any other city in the world that offers such diversity of public transport ?

ChongQing cable car.

ChongQing BRT

ChongQing Monorail

ChongQing River Transport

I think you have all your facts Mixed Up.

Vehicle density in India is 20 in 1000 or in other words, 0.02%. That means only 0.02 % of the population drives cars, so we are actually building these expensive Roads for the elite 0.02% of our population. :lol:

Public transport is used by AT LEAST 60% of the urban population.

You have a problem with spending money for that 60% of the population but would rather spend for that 0.02% ? LOL. Kindly pull you head out of your @ss.
You're talking like an idiot straight out of a mental asylum. Who the fu@k is talking about the swanky cars on Mumbai's roads? Have you even set your goddamn a$$ on a bus in Mumbai? If you did you would have realised what a traumatic experience it is going over those pot holed roads. Low speed of buses and frequent gear shifts burn up tons of fuel, not to talk about the wear and tear on the tires and the engine that costs hundreds of crores a year from the exchequer - the tax payers hard earned money. All this apart from getting your a$$ red and your skeleton shaking even hours after your reach home.

It is because of this that people avoid using public transport as it is a pain and takes hours to reach one's destination due to the pathetic condition of roads, forcing us to use our cars. Now do you understand what I'm trying to get at? Or is it still beyond your comprehension?

You're talking like an idiot straight out of a mental asylum. Who the fu@k is talking about the swanky cars on Mumbai's roads? Have you even set your goddamn a$$ on a bus in Mumbai? If you did you would have realised what a traumatic experience it is going over those pot holed roads. Low speed of buses and frequent gear shifts burn up tons of fuel, not to talk about the wear and tear on the tires and the engine that costs hundreds of crores a year from the exchequer - the tax payers hard earned money. All this apart from getting your a$$ red and your skeleton shaking even hours after your reach home.

It is because of this that people avoid using public transport as it is a pain and takes hours to reach one's destination due to the pathetic condition of roads, forcing us to use our cars. Now do you understand what I'm trying to get at? Or is it still beyond your comprehension?

LOL. More rhetoric.

I have no tears to shed for the 0.02% who drives cars to work in India. If they get their @ss red and shaky skeleton then they are just part of the rest of the 99.98% of the population who experiences this same discomfort everyday of their life.

You might think you are better than the rest, I don't. You don't like the trauma ? quit your job. But either way no more spending for the elite. In fact Parking in Mumbai needs to be charged at least Rs. 250 per hour and then all the money saved can be used in building roads for the elite.

In fact, billions of $ were spent on Mumbai roads by making them concreat and building bridges insted of building more efficient rail systems that would have served a FAR LARGER population and would have gone a LONG way in conserving PETROL/DIESEL.

Trains run on electricity which can be producted from coal or nuclear power plan. Buses and cars run on petrol/diesel which as to be IMPORTED at huge cost and drain on FoRex Reserves.

No more freebies to the elite who have got used to living on the blood of the poor. Deal with it.

In fact all those money spending for the ELITE by the ELITE by building Fancy Airports and Fancy roads should be diverted to more public spending on building foot paths, separate roads for Bicycles, Electric Trains, Trams, monrails and Metro rails powered by Nuclear Power.

I am disgusted by the sense of entitlement which the average middle class and the Rich carries in India. :tdown: :sick:

Please name those cities who offer Local Train, Metro Rail and Mono Rail together.

Name other cities that offer 6 different means of public transport. Names please if you dare.

NYC has Subways, PATH trains, Airport Monorails, Metro rails like LIRR and MetroNorth, aerial trams,ferries,MTA public buses,50,000 odd yellow taxis, miles and miles of bicycle lanes and some minor public tranportations like pedicabs.

NYC has Subways, PATH trains, Airport Monorails, Metro rails like LIRR and MetroNorth, aerial trams,ferries,MTA public buses,50,000 odd yellow taxis, miles and miles of bicycle lanes and some minor public tranportations like pedicabs.

What is the difference between PATH trains and Metro rail ?

What actually itches China's balls is the fact that India is getting out of the crib it was always in. These monorails, skyscrapers, metro lines , airports, etc are just side effects of being a 3rd largest economy by PPP. Add to the fact that Indian companies have become full blooded MNCs ( Tata is the largest employer in UK). Let the yings burn. Their superiority / inferiority complex is mostly hot air. We are the only nation in Asia that can compete with them on equal footing. Game on , folks.

ChongQing cable car.

ChongQing BRT

ChongQing Monorail

ChongQing River Transport

30 years of US money does do wonders!

Anyways some of our own nifty arrangements :

Ahmedabad_BRTS.jpg

delhi-metro-1.jpg

Terminal-3-at-Indira-Gand-006.jpg

Are the Chinese posters in this forum always so up themselves?

Don't get me wrong, Indian and Pakistani posters have their zealots too, but the Chinese posters here have consistetly turned on the A-Hole mode and lacks civility whatsoever.

Are the Chinese posters in this forum always so up themselves?

Don't get me wrong, Indian and Pakistani posters have their zealots too, but the Chinese posters here have consistetly turned on the A-Hole mode and lacks civility whatsoever.

most of them are not Chinese. Falseflagger from some infamous countries

Infrastructure in Mumabi >
Best mode local trains, local passenger trains, metro & mono rails, AC/ Non AC BEST buses, Scheduled Private bus services, Boat ferry, Prepaid taxi service services & normal taxi & auto rickshaw services apart-from private mode of traveling. I would be more happy if government promotes main roads for public transportation only. Although I believe all of these system have become obsolete in current times. It takes more than one hour to reach Dadar from Goregaon station (travel by Borivali Chuchgate fast local) almost on daily basis. It should be well within 20 minutes. That is the level Mumbai local train service has gone down in recent times. almost 7-8 years earlier systems were not much updated but they were on time at least. These days it looks like hell especially in morning & evening.

Sydney has Suburban(Local Train), Metro service, Tram(Light Rail), Monorail, Ferry, Buses, Taxis. Melbourne has suburban, metro rail, light rail(tram), ferry, buses. Two examples from Australia. There are many more, google it.

damn..Kolkata should start Mono Rail as soon as possible.then we'll have 9 Metro service (Local train,Tram,Monorail,Metro Rail,Ferry, Buses, Taxis,,Auto and Rikshaw Service).. :partay: :lol:

the color of these coaches reminds me some teenage girl's wall.. :omghaha:

but feeling jealous of course.wish we could have a sky view like this in Kolkata.we're still waiting for Metro Expansion in subarbs and in Greater kolkata and Howrah,even when its Kolkata who got first Metro in the country. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom