What's new

India's First Scorpène-Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine INS Kalvari Rolled Out!

Very close to Iranian Besat class sub under development :

13930917000672_PhotoL.jpg

View attachment 212280
Your own indigenous .Wow :tup:
Is it AIP ?What about its specs?
We dont have any time like that of Iran and a long coastal line for protection and an IOR .
So we are purchasing with ToT.

Your own indigenous .Wow :tup:
Is it AIP ?What about its specs?
We dont have any time like that of Iran and a long coastal line for protection and an IOR .
So we are purchasing with ToT.

I just goggled about it. It has AIP propulsion. Iran is sure catching up with the developed worlds quite fast.

I still believe we should order 3 scorpenes with AIP as stop gap from France
they will cost 800 Million USD each as compared to 1.25 Billion USD each, Price of P75I
only thing we are assured off is that Modi Government would sign the contract for the P75I project before end of its term.

if any of you guys take a look,
then every major defence induction that we have done in the past 10 yrs is due to the contract signed by the previous Vajpayee Govt

be it the Kolkata class and Shivalik class, Talwar class, INS Vikramaditya, INS Chakra, or even the Scorpenes

even the MKI contract was signed during Previous Vajpayee govt and so was the T-90 Tank and Smerche contracts.

all UPA did was order some transport aircrafts and Maritime aircrafts from USA and order medium lift helis from Russia, and Drones from Israel

Great news after a very long time .Weren't 6 of these on order??
How long would it take for all of them to be inducted. It seems pretty distant.

Well ... what can I say but about time. The Scorpene deal has to be the shittiest defence deal ever for India.

You know the coolest missile this thing fires? A 5 decade old subsonic Exocet!!!

IN can possibly only use this in torpedo games. Hope it has a good stealth else that also is almost impossible with current day sonar tech.

We have special goodies to offer :

View attachment 212293

What is that ??
SLBM ??
We have good progress in that field .Brahmos SLCM and K 15 ,k4 SLBM .K4 has 3500 kkm range .Well we dont disclose the exact range ;)

Indigenous developement is always good .But alas we dont have any time to R&D .
But Iran has money and time and your coastline seems smaller than us.So machines can be develops for power projection.
All the best for your new subs and military modernization.A strong Iran is a need of ME.

Back
Top Bottom