What's new

India's HAL-Dhruv Helicopter's Design a HUGE Rip-off?

ok it seens people here always let their heart rule over their minds.the indian copied the chopper design there is no doubt about that but what will all of them say to chinese fighters then.
how can it be that when the indians copy its supposed to be bad and when ever the chinese copy they tend to improve the original.
the truth is that both china and india has a long way to go in terms original production,there is no way that we should boast too much about their so called "homemade" production capabilities.

thanx

Why always this useless blame game from both sides when only a bit net research is needed to make things clear?

In the early 1980s India approached Germany's MBB (now Eurocopter Deutschland) to help it design and build a midsize multirole helicopter for both military and civil use. Subsequently a cooperation agreement was signed in July 1984, covering design support, development and production. Design work began in November that year, while the first flight of the first of four prototypes was on August 20 1992.

Aircraft data from Airliners.net

The Eurocopter Group was formed in 1992 out of MBB and Aérospatiale, just at the time when already first prototypes of Dhruv was ready. So it's not a copy, it was a joint venture!
MBB made the design based on there BK 117, HAL build the Dhruv out of it. Eurocopter also takes the BK 117 design base and build EC 135 and 145 out of it.

ok it seens people here always let their heart rule over their minds.the indian copied the chopper design there is no doubt about that but what will all of them say to chinese fighters then.
how can it be that when the indians copy its supposed to be bad and when ever the chinese copy they tend to improve the original.
the truth is that both china and india has a long way to go in terms original production,there is no way that we should boast too much about their so called "homemade" production capabilities.

thanx

Thanks.. You said it from your 'mind' friend...

People could say the same for the JF-17. I dare say you've compared the extremely similar specs and appearance of the JF-17 and F-20 Tigershark?
Excuse me, JF-17 looks similar to F-20? Boy, I was very depressed today, but now I cant stop laughing. Thank you for lighten up my mood.

Atleast we learnt to copy and make it fly. Now try doing that.
Indeed, you guys are great at copying. Brahmos is another great example, and that Arjun, an obosolete German tank design. Infact you are so much into it, that you are even trying to copy US/Israeli tone. God luck with your copying.

thanx
You are right. But it is not really about good or bad. Did someone said it is bad? It is true that both, the India and China have a long way to go in terms of original production. But India has REALLY a long way to go as compared to China. And I am not including Pakistan in this, because we have NO WAY to go anywhere.

Why always this useless blame game from both sides when only a bit net research is needed to make things clear?

Aircraft data from Airliners.net

The Eurocopter Group was formed in 1992 out of MBB and Aérospatiale, just at the time when already first prototypes of Dhruv was ready. So it's not a copy, it was a joint venture!
MBB made the design based on there BK 117, HAL build the Dhruv out of it. Eurocopter also takes the BK 117 design base and build EC 135 and 145 out of it.
Now that is a balanced post. Truth is always between the two extremes.

ohh..common......it's a conventional design for Light Utility Helicopter.....I bet you if Pakistan design a light utility heli...it will be mostly same in looks.....outside look is not matter...

European Helicopter

-indigenous
-reliable
-always a success

Indian "Helicopter"

-cheap copy
-if lucky, engine starts
-failure ( Synonym for India's inventions)

ORIGINAL:--> Own work, pretty good

FAILURE:--> Cheap decoration peace, copied and a failure

SO HOW DO U CALL CHINESE INVENTIONS COPIES? AT LEAST THEY WORK! AND PLEASE LEARN TO COPY, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT PRETTY OFTEN IN FUTURE ;)

ALERT: Troll on the Roll

Indeed, you guys are great at copying. Brahmos is another great example, and that Arjun, an obosolete German tank design. Infact you are so much into it, that you are even trying to copy US/Israeli tone. God luck with your copying.

Is anybody stopping you from doing it. Its thousand time better than always going to sleep with US - China - next who?

did u know that all the stuff u get from chinese are russian copies?
if the russians did not make the migs, ur current air force arsenal would be paper planes.

did u know that all the stuff u get from chinese are russian copies?
if the russians did not make the migs, ur current air force arsenal would be paper planes.

And your airforce arsenal would be....?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom