What's new

India's 'lost tribe' dreams of return to Israel

Palestinians must be banging their head on the wall. Great so now some random tribe in India also has rights over their lands because their supposed "ancestors" came from there!

Well - I am sure a few thousand Indian Jews is not going to change anything for the Palestinians.

Palestinians must be banging their head on the wall. Great so now some random tribe in India also has rights over their lands because their supposed "ancestors" came from there!

Some Afghans also claim descent from the Hebrew tribes

And they are Muslims

:woot:

They don't look like Israelites to me. Lets assume that they do happen to have some Hebrew ancestors, but are they really neglecting all of their ancestors that were of Indian origin? Just because they follow a different religion does not mean that they belong to a different land especially since they obviously have ancestry in the land they currently reside on.
this reminds me of one more country carved out of india based on similar lines...wonder which one it was....

this reminds me of one more country carved out of india based on similar lines...wonder which one it was....

The majority of Pakistanis reside on the same land as they have always done, regardless of it being under the British rule or the Mughal rule. Our ancestors originated for the most part from what is now modern Pakistan, there are some immigrant communities though. So your argument is null & void because the vast majority of us never migrated to another land, we simply got our own land to become a separate state.

The Indian Jews that you speak of want to migrate to a new land on the basis of religion & judging by the article they don't feel like they belong on the land they currently reside on. India is free to allow their Jewish communities a home land by allowing them to declare independence on the land they currently reside on. ;)

Pakistanis however still live on the land they originated from primarily excluding the Urdu speaking population.

Note one more thing, before 1947 India or the Sub-Continent was a part of the British empire, it wasn't a separate country.

Well - I am sure a few thousand Indian Jews is not going to change anything for the Palestinians.

Its the general idea that a people who have had nothing to do with these lands for several centuries can just all of a sudden pop up and say "hey u know what, our supposed ancestors came from here as per our religion so you guys better start packing because this is our land". Not saying anything specific about these people, just in general about how Palestinians have been evicted from their land by people who have no direct ties to these lands.

Back
Top Bottom